Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #31
Michaella
Mouseketeer

Are we likely to run into cheer groups/tour groups at All Stars first two weeks of October?

DS 12 DD 9

Jan 1996 Tokyo Disney
Sept 1999 Disneyland
Sept 2010 Disneyland
Sept 2013 Disneyland and Disneyworld... and MNSSHP
Michaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #32
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
"problems with Brazilians"???

Prejudiced much?
226 posts... wait until you get to the posts about the BTGs and you will understand
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #33
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

The Poly. Our room was dirty, dark, and in much need of some TLC when we were there in 2011. We were on the first floor next to an elevator, which was lovely. It was loud. All.Night.Long. I felt like bugs were crawling on me when I was sleeping. (I don't think they actually were, but the room was just so yucky that I was uncomfortable the entire time I was in the bed.)

The CMs when we checked in were very blah and not friendly at all. (I was soooo excited to arrive...I had wanted to stay at Poly for a long time, and they really threw sort of a wet blanket on the start of our trip with their attitudes.)

I felt like we were always waiting for the monorail...maybe we just got unlucky with our timing, but I swear the buses at AKL were/are faster and more efficient.

Anywho...I know a lot of people love it, but we *really* did not enjoy The Poly at all.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #34
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Nope. It's racist. And it is allowed to remain. Wow. If I posted about how I hated gigantic groups of American cheerleaders I would probably be kicked off the boards. But you can totally stereotype an entire continent and somehow that is okay? This makes me really sad, but not surprised.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #35
wiserabbit
Addicted to Pixe Dust

Okay people- must we take this thread and turn it into ANOTHER debate on how best to talk about BTGs Enough is enough - I'll just say that I try to avoid large groups of teenagers who are rude and show no common courtesy toward their fellow park goers - is that better

Anywho - to the topic at hand - least favorite resort is WL - just couldn't get into the décor and we found the food options lacking. (On the plus side though - did enjoy the boat transportation across to the MK and CR)
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #36
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
I hate any value resort. I have stayed at them when I was little and I remember being not impressed. For little children big statues of characters is interesting, but now I think it's tacky. Rooms are dirty and unimpressive. I prefer deluxe.

Katie
Well duh anyone would prefer a deluxe but we can't all afford a deluxe every time we go.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #37
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserabbit View Post
Okay people- must we take this thread and turn it into ANOTHER debate on how best to talk about BTGs Enough is enough - I'll just say that I try to avoid large groups of teenagers who are rude and show no common courtesy toward their fellow park goers - is that better

Anywho - to the topic at hand - least favorite resort is WL - just couldn't get into the décor and we found the food options lacking. (On the plus side though - did enjoy the boat transportation across to the MK and CR)
Yes that's better. "rolls eyes". No reason an entire race of people should be singled out when we all know that everyone is capable of bad behavior despite the country where you happened to be born.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #38
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes that's better. "rolls eyes". No reason an entire race of people should be singled out when we all know that everyone is capable of bad behavior despite the country where you happened to be born.
Go in July sometime...btw other South American groups are also appalled by their (btg) behavior as well.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Least fav - CBR. Internal bus took forever, buildings can be what seems miles from the food court etc...and it didn't help that the buildings were being renovated etc and it was loud during the day etc.

2nd least fav...Shades of Green. I don't care what anyone says, it's NOT the caliber of a Deluxe...no where near!

Fav. Contemp - deluxe, POFQ mod
Old 08-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #40
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope. It's racist. And it is allowed to remain. Wow. If I posted about how I hated gigantic groups of American cheerleaders I would probably be kicked off the boards. But you can totally stereotype an entire continent and somehow that is okay? This makes me really sad, but not surprised.
Cheerleader groups get complained about all the time.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #41
Michigan_Minnie
Disney Darling

Quote:
"problems with Brazilians"???

Prejudiced much?
I am not prejudiced at all. One of my best friends is from Brazil. She is completely embarrassed by the way those groups are allowed to behave. I have never been when the baseball teams or cheerleaders were there. Just hundreds of kids that were at the pool with limited or no clothing and that yelled all night and shoved people around and the hotels did nothing to stop it. And, just for the record, I never said I hated anyone or even dislike anyone.
2008 February @ Beach Club
2009 February @ ASMu Family Suite
2010 February @ ASMo
2010 October....MNSSHP
2011 February @ POR
2012 February @POR FQ
2014 February @ Pop Century

[

Last edited by Michigan_Minnie; 08-20-2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: forgot an s :)
Michigan_Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #42
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjs0708 View Post
Most are interested in favorite resorts but which resorts just haven't met your expectations or you were just like oh no this just isn't the resort for me..and why...
We don't have a least favorite as we have loved every resort we've stayed at. With that said, we haven't stayed at any values and have only stayed at one mod and most of all the deluxes, but we wouldn't hesitate to return to any of them .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #43
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
The Poly. Our room was dirty, dark, and in much need of some TLC when we were there in 2011. We were on the first floor next to an elevator, which was lovely. It was loud. All.Night.Long. I felt like bugs were crawling on me when I was sleeping. (I don't think they actually were, but the room was just so yucky that I was uncomfortable the entire time I was in the bed.)

The CMs when we checked in were very blah and not friendly at all. (I was soooo excited to arrive...I had wanted to stay at Poly for a long time, and they really threw sort of a wet blanket on the start of our trip with their attitudes.)

I felt like we were always waiting for the monorail...maybe we just got unlucky with our timing, but I swear the buses at AKL were/are faster and more efficient.

Anywho...I know a lot of people love it, but we *really* did not enjoy The Poly at all.
I feel the same way about the Poly. The rooms have been updated so I might give it another try. The CMs though-blek. The volcano pool is too small and before anyone mentions the quiet pool, sorry that didn't appeal. Access to the monorail is supposed to be a big selling point. It is not a big plus because of the lines.

YC=snooze fest as far as we were concerned. Booking there was a mistake and a total mismatch for us.

We've enjoyed the other resorts.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #44
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
CBR - Walk from room to bus stop/lobby and food was forever long! Hard enough walking through the parks all day. I prefer resorts that have closer distances from rooms to bus stops.
I liked CBR but my DD and DSIL will never stay there again for that reason. Way too big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Over-all? CBR. 7 bus stops are just too many. It felt like we wasted a lot of time just riding around the resort before heading to the parks. I also didn't like the whole set up of the Custom House being separate from Old Port Royal.

My least favorite deluxe would be the Beach Club. Way over-rated. Not much in the way of quick service food (not everyone runs to Epcot or the boardwalk when they are hungry) and it is a huge disappointment that they shut down Storm Along Bay so early at night. We are a family that likes to swim after a long day in the parks, so having to swim in the plain quiet pool while SAB stares at you is not fun.
I agree. We were not impressed with BC and will not stay again. I was kind of let down because we really though that we would love it, but visiting and staying are two very different things. Never again. And SAB is overrated, IMO. Pretty, but very hard to keep an eye on the kids. I know the Lifeguards are fabulous, and I know my DGD is a strong swimmer, but I like to have eyes on my her and that was next to impossible there. Nice place for a cocktail though!

Quote:
Actually, it is not. The reason the BTG's are mentioned is because of the chaos that occurs when they arrive. No one is suggesting Brazilians are to be avoided. The posts are objective accounts of what to expect if you stay in a resort that a BTG has reserved.

The feedback on these boards allow people to make an informed decision in regards to scheduling a WDW vacation. I don't know about you, but when I spend my money, I like to know what I am going to encounter in regards to crowds and resort conditions.

And get ready when the cheergroups are there. You will see much the same thing.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #45
summerlady
DIS Veteran

POR. Too spread out! I liked the quiet pool and the make your own pasta, that was it. Can't wait to be back at POFQ in 25 days.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: