DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

will i automatically have same member # if i buy resale add on

This contract has the same use year. Will I automatically have the same member # or do I need to do something to ensure that I do. Using Jami @ tts
NicoleLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

I think I have the same question.
We have resale contract w/BWV from years ago.
Now buying AKV resale.
I think we will have 1 member number (our current #) with two separate contracts listed below from which we choose which points to make reservation?
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

You just have to make sure it is deeded the same. Make sure your names are exactly the same (with/without middle names or initials and all). And you have to select the same type of deed and be sure to put member # on the info sheet the broker gives you.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLarson View Post
This contract has the same use year. Will I automatically have the same member # or do I need to do something to ensure that I do. Using Jami @ tts
As long as it's titled exactly the same as your current contract, they should be able to add it as a sub-contract under your membership. You should let the broker know you are an existing member and they may want your member id number.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
tb1972
DIS Veteran

We're just closing on an add on with the same UY. I just mailed closing payment and documents today. The title company paperwork asks if you are a current DVC member and if so, to indicate your member #.

Also as others already suggested, I would review your current deed to see how it is titled. Our original deed used our middle initials so we made sure to have the paperwork match up this time.

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We have 22 parts in our membership! (I just counted them!). 8 were bought through resale. We did do whatever was suggested here and having them all under the same number was important to us!

Good luck to you!

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
drusba

DIS Veteran

Agree to all of the above and adding for safety: do not assume it will be automatically done and verify that broker informs Disney before you close that you are an existing member who wants the new contract to be part of your prior master contract. There are have been some incidents mentioned in the past where DVD did not join the two contracts and ionstead issued a new member number because it was not adequately informed on the issue.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
jerseyduke
Mouseketeer

They also have to be the same use year, do they not?

Prior to 2008 (few at the poly, few off property)
2008 - AllStars
2010 - Poly
2012 - Poly/PO-RS
2013 - VGF&WL
2014 - AKL & OKW
jerseyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyduke View Post
They also have to be the same use year, do they not?
Yes. A different UY would require DVC to set up a different member number but even then you can view them both with the same website login.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #10
MarthaMouse
Earning My Ears

We are trying to do the same thing...

So, we need
--same UY
--exact same names
--same type of deed (how to we ensure that?)
--make sure the resale broker communicates that we want the same membership number (at what part of the resale process does this need to happen?)
Thanks!
MarthaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #11
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaMouse View Post
So, we need
--same UY
--exact same names
--same type of deed (how to we ensure that?)
--make sure the resale broker communicates that we want the same membership number (at what part of the resale process does this need to happen?)
Thanks!
Same UY YES, same type of deed ? not sure what the poster meant by that, titled the same way (names need to match exactly) and when the offer is excepted and you fill out paper work for sale it asks for current membership number and it it does not let them know you are a current member and list your # on the purchase contract. If you do all of the above you should be fine.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #12
Dean
DIS Veteran

We've seen a couple of people who seemed at risk in this area lately. It may not have been enough time for them to be through the process and know for sure, maybe they'll chime in. I'd vote for letting everyone know including DVC member admin directly. My understanding is they will not fix it if it isn't matched originally.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
AppleDisneyDad
Quietly Lurking

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I did this recently. I confirmed the names were identical and that the deeds set up the same in terms of type of ownership and survivorship. I am not a lawyer so I can't tell you any more about what the options are. I just made sure the language was the same in both contracts and there were no problems.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Same UY YES, same type of deed ? not sure what the poster meant by that, titled the same way (names need to match exactly) and when the offer is excepted and you fill out paper work for sale it asks for current membership number and it it does not let them know you are a current member and list your # on the purchase contract. If you do all of the above you should be fine.
I think deed type refers to type of tenancy, i.e., single, married but buying as one person only, husband and wife, joint tenants with right of survivorship, etc.

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #15
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking View Post
I think deed type refers to type of tenancy, i.e., single, married but buying as one person only, husband and wife, joint tenants with right of survivorship, etc.
Yes.

We had a deed snafu and had to call and call member services and member admin (MS didn't know what I was talking about and thought I was trying to get the contract transferred quicker and member admin was tough to actually get a hold of and they also thought I was trying to rush the transfer) to make sure the last add on was put under our existing membership # (they finally did agree to do it, but told me we would have to re-record the deed with our middle initials and I am currently having difficulty getting the closing company to respond to my e-mails about doing that). Our middle initials were on all 3 prior deeds but were left off of the last one (2 of the prior deeds were HH as was the last one, so it was easy to see on the SC registry of deeds site and I discovered it as the deed was going through). What a hassle, so make sure you have the names exactly the same...and choose the same type of deed (mentioned above).
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: