Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #31
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotty View Post
Still don't like Starbucks at DW, just too "real" for the place I think, even at Epcot, & especially at MK
lol as though dozens of restaurants at Disneyland and WDW haven't had sponsors since day one.

Casa De Fritos, Carnation Cafe, Maxwell House, Pepsi, Dole (anyone hear of Dole Whips?)... corporate food sponsorships have been part of Disney parks forever.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #32
ryanally
Mouseketeer

How did you get to test the new Starbucks?

We are here now and would love to know!
ryanally is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #33
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
lol as though dozens of restaurants at Disneyland and WDW haven't had sponsors since day one.

Casa De Fritos, Carnation Cafe, Maxwell House, Pepsi, Dole (anyone hear of Dole Whips?)... corporate food sponsorships have been part of Disney parks forever.
Don't forget, Oscar Mayer had their own restaurant in MK complete with mascot Little Oscar ("dwarf" in a chef's uniform)

Last edited by BayouMickey; 08-27-2013 at 02:05 PM.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #34
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Bring it on. I have never understood the outrage over Starbucks being served in the parks. Walt *****d out Disneyland to anyone who would pony up some cash. If you look at old pictures of Main Street USA you'll see all kinds of brands being advertised much more conspicuously then anything in the parks now.

I believe once Cap'n Jack's closes at DTD there won't be a single Disney restaurant there. Where is all the ridiculous misplaced outrage over that?
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

So excited for our upcoming trip to be able to have Starbucks inside the parks. Happy family here!
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #36
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Don't forget, Oscar Mayer had their own restaurant in MK complete with mascot Little Oscar ("dwarf" in a chef's uniform)
OMG.

The last paragraph of this guy's Wikipedia entry is priceless: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Molchan
Old 08-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #37
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
OMG.

The last paragraph of this guy's Wikipedia entry is priceless: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Molchan
Least they didn't bury him in a weenie
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #38
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
What is next closing le celleir and putting in an outback. I HATE chains in the parks!!
As others have pointed out, Coke, Edy's, Dole, etc. all have presences in the parks, either sponsoring places, running them, or providing products, and Oscar Mayer sponsored a restaurant. By no means is this list exhaustive; these are just examples already shown in the thread.

On top of that, most rides in MK and EPCOT, when they both opened, were sponsored by corporations.

If anything, non-Disney corporate influence is probably less these days than in the past, though the Disney corporate influence, through DVC, etc. has seemingly filled that void.

Personally, I'd LOVE an Outback somewhere on Disney property, but I don't think anyone is going to gut popular Le Cellier to put one in. I'm not a Starbucks fan, but putting it in what was previously a pretty much ignored part of EPCOT seems a no-brainer to me. Lots of people do love it, and it makes that part of EPCOT more useful to more people again.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #39
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanally View Post

Be on the lookout for CMs handing out vouchers for specific drinks. DD received one for a cold beverage so she ordered a Venti Passion Iced Tea w/raspberry - she had to explain they needed to add pumps of raspberry to her tea! Other than that, she didn't comment on how Fountainview looks.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #40
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

I don't have any Starbucks gift cards but just curious if they accept them at the Disney Parks Starbucks locations.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #41
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post

On top of that, most rides in MK and EPCOT, when they both opened, were sponsored by corporations.
And don't get me started on Monsanto House of the Future (and where it was built), courtesy of one of Disneyland's biggest corporate sponsors and original DL financiers. It was basically the original innoventions.

If that thing was built today, just off to the side of the hub (at either DL or MK), there would be riots.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #42
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

yay!!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #43
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

They were testing when we were there last week as well. MIL and I wanted to be chosen for that so badly! I told her to stretch and yawn as we walked past the CMs, but to no avail.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #44
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
And don't get me started on Monsanto House of the Future (and where it was built), courtesy of one of Disneyland's biggest corporate sponsors and original DL financiers. It was basically the original innoventions.

If that thing was built today, just off to the side of the hub (at either DL or MK), there would be riots.
I'm going to veer , but I've read Neal Gabler's Walt Disney biography three times now (it really is an excellent book, well sourced, well written, etc.), and it's pretty entertaining reading just how far Walt and Roy were willing to go to get corporate sponsorships for Disneyland, the tv show, and the 1964 World's Fair. Even Walt had some pretty frank (and funny) things to say about such things. Walt was of course gone before even MK opened, but (IMO) all the corporate sponsorships WDW has had in the years since his passing do nothing to tarnish any desired reputations. If anything, I'd bet Walt or Roy would be asking why the Disney corporation doesn't get more corporate sponsorships. I think they were of a mindset that the Disney corporation needn't pay for things that an outside corporation just as easily could. That's the way I see the Starbuck's deal.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #45
Pickleball
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanally View Post

We just happened to be walking by the entrance to the construction. There was a guy standing there under a blue umbrella and he was handing out different drink vouchers and we got one each.
Pickleball is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: