Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

It's a Small World doll and plush collection

Anyone know the release date for the It's a Small World dolls and plush coming this fall?
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

In answer to my own question and for those who may be wondering the same - I did find on StitchKingdom that the month of October seems to be when they will be arriving at The Disney Store. There isn't a set date that I've come across yet.

Also, in my searches it seems that maybe there was a pre-order from The Disney Store available briefly, but it was taken down rather quickly.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Thanks for the info. I JUST stumbled across pics of these dolls last night and so upset they don't show up at Disney Stores.com, I called DisneyStores.com today and she couldn't even find them, after checking she said it show 1 million were allocated and 998,000 are sold and the extras are just in case of damages. I cannot believe that none are going to be in stores on Oct 1st!! It didn't show as a limited edition and the preorder said limit of two per design per person so I would think there HAS to be some coming to stores?
Please update if you hear any more info!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi
Thanks for the info. I JUST stumbled across pics of these dolls last night and so upset they don't show up at Disney Stores.com, I called DisneyStores.com today and she couldn't even find them, after checking she said it show 1 million were allocated and 998,000 are sold and the extras are just in case of damages. I cannot believe that none are going to be in stores on Oct 1st!! It didn't show as a limited edition and the preorder said limit of two per design per person so I would think there HAS to be some coming to stores?
Please update if you hear any more info!
Wow. I really hope they produce more..surely they will with such high demand.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
disneycrazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post

Wow. I really hope they produce more..surely they will with such high demand.
Agreed! I really can't survive without the Kenya doll at least......I'm so melodramatic!
But I think as it happens sometimes, not everyone has the correct info and so I will prob contact our local store in a couple of weeks to see if I can get any info from them
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

The Small World Dolls and Plush are up on The Disney Store site!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
disneycrazi

Quote:
The Small World Dolls and Plush are up on The Disney Store site!
Super stoked now which ones must I have?
Not sure about the plush???
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
stasijane
Crazed one

Do we know if these will be sold in the parks or only online? I have a trip in 2 weeks and I really want to wait till I get to the parks to shop but I love these dolls.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #9
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

They had the collection at the Disney store I was in today. The dolls are super cute and I listened to the Hawaii one sing and she was adorable.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
disneycrazi

I ordered Kenya and Hawaii, got free shipping and used a $20 coupon for pre ordering The Little Mermaid! Super excited!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

I had the same coupon, but it wouldn't apply it to the doll. It worked out though because I ordered some other items to put away for Christmas. Still...I was reeaaally hoping to just buy a couple of dolls with it.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #12
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for this thread! I bought all of the dolls. The ride musci drives me crazy but I've always loved the animatronic characters. Hoping there will be more dolls representing other countries.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Thanks so much for this thread! I bought all of the dolls. The ride musci drives me crazy but I've always loved the animatronic characters. Hoping there will be more dolls representing other countries.
I agree about hoping for more dolls for other countries. It would be great if in a few months there was a second series.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
disneycrazi

Quote:
I had the same coupon, but it wouldn't apply it to the doll. It worked out though because I ordered some other items to put away for Christmas. Still...I was reeaaally hoping to just buy a couple of dolls with it.
I called guest services and she did it over the phone, she said they were NOT limited edition and the coupon should have worked. I took a chance calling and it worked.
Glad you got Christmas shopping though with yours, hey $20 is $20!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: