Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

My review of CSR and AOA LM Aug. 6-13, 2013

We returned last week from a wonderful stay at CSR! We loved it there and were sad to leave after 3 nights b/c we had a split stay at AOA with family. Check in for us was lengthy. Somehow they had us down for 2 rooms and they were trying to sort things out. I had prepaid the package so I knew I had paid for only one. It was 10 at night and we were pretty tired. Anyway, we ended up in ranchos even after our check in CM asked his manager for some pixie dust for us b/c we had been standing there for so long. The manager told him on the phone that only ranchos was left. I plotted to call in the morning b/c there was no way I was staying in that section all 3 nights after I had requested cabanas. There was a very nice CM Korean girl that my girls spoke to for a while. They love the K-pop bands and K-dramas (tv shows) and were thrilled to talk to her. She was so nice to them. Does anyone know how I could write an email to CSR management about her?

We ended up in building 6A with a parking lot view. After eating in pepper market, we went to bed. I had called earlier and asked them to hold our luggage from ME until morning. I could not wait up for it ( they said it would be 1 AM). The room was just as beautiful as the pictures. The beds and pillows were really soft and we slept well. I really liked the wooden doors.
The next morning we called to ask for a room change to cabanas and within an hour they had given us an upgraded room in 9A waterview looking over the quiet pool and the lake! She even apologized for the inconvience of us not liking ranchos. I'm so glad we asked to move. It was a much shorter walk to El centro ( 4 or 5 min. compared to 10). They even came in a golf cart to pick us up at the old room and they had our ME luggage. It was a very quick move and we were off to Epcot. Oh, also the cabana room had a fridge. I think the rancho one did not.

We really liked pepper market. The food was really fresh and hot. I still don't like the tipping, but it was a nice place to eat. Some of the things we liked were the steak sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich, burrito and chicken quesadillas.
The landscaping at this resort is exactly what I like. So much foilage and flowers and palm trees! We went to the pool twice and loved it. We all went down the slide many times. The slide was much longer than I expected. There were plenty of lounge chairs and we found some in the shade. They had a campfire at night and we roasted marshmallows. I would go back here just for this pool area!

Bus transportation was excellent. We usually got seats and never waited very long.It was very quiet at night. We heard nothing.

I was kinda nervous to stay at CSR since we had a bad stay at CBR a few years ago. We had stayed at CSR 10 yrs. ago and we liked it then but I know as your family changes your needs at a hotel change. I was so sad to leave CSR but we were staying with family at AOA for the next 4 nights.

Art of Animation- My check in here was with a very rude CM. I wish I had gotten his name. We were put in building 8 ( the farthest) in the back by the parking lot. He seemed so annoyed when I asked for a room change and even more annoyed later when I misunderstood that the rooms he was offering me in building 9 would not be available until the next day. But the most surprising was when his name tag fell of his shirt onto the counter and he said "son of a"
Wow, i have never heard a disney employee like this. I wish now I had talked to a manager but i was so tired.

Things that I liked about this resort- the theming was cute and my dd12 and my niece and nephew loved it. Rooms were cute, too. We all loved the shower. I thought the bathroom area was nicer than CSR. I left two bags in the food court and the managers were so helpful in getting them back to me. My mom was able to get another room the next day for my sister and her son for the rest of the week. The room was too small for all of them. They were lucky to get the room as they are always booked and it was right next to ours. Do people stay for one night in LM rooms and then ask to move? I think this may be going on more than we know. Also, I requested fridges and there was one in my mom's room for us to share. The rooms were connecting.

Things I didn't like- we had visited this resort last summer while staying at pop and we loved the food court then but this time the food did not taste as good. The walk to the LM rooms was really long out in the hot sun and at the end of a long day at the parks. Having a closer room location would have helped ( I had requested lakeview building 7). The rooms and beds are too small for our family now. My girls are really skinny, but they felt cramped in the beds. My husband is 6 feet and those beds are small. Pool had no shade. There were a lot of kids there. My girls are 16 and 12 and are outgrowing this kind of resort. The buses were really full and we had to stand a lot. Also, the walls were thin and the last two mornings the rooms next door was very noisy from 6 am- 8:30am. I think I would have liked it more at AOA had it been a cooler month. It was also hard to come from a mod (CSR) to here. I really wanted to stay at CSR and would have switched if my family had not been joining us.
If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA

Last edited by ADisneyQueen; 08-19-2013 at 03:12 PM.
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

bumping
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Your overall experiences are very close to my own! I had never stayed at CSR until August 2011 I a loved it. I especially liked how fresh the food was at Pepper Market!

Last Sept I stayed at AoA, LM for the first time. I'm not a light sleeper at all yet I had ongoing issues with in room noise. I'm a runner yet I still found it a HIKE to the main building from LM. We were in building 9. I though almost all of the food "sounded" better than it tasted and it took forever to get our food, no matter what time of day.

I will (only) add that a room request is just that--a request. There are never any guarantees of it being met. Oh, I should add that at CSR I did pay for a preferred room and felt it was well worth it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: