Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
val1234
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrmr View Post
HI all. I'm going to Disney in about two weeks and we held off on purchasing the tickets (we're not staying in a Disney resort :/) so as to maybe find a deal or something. Well, I was all set to buy them from undercover tourist and save a few pennies but then I remembered a site i used to use called ebates. basically if you shop at any store they work with, you end up with cash back.

So, I went to their site, and saw that they were promoting (and still are!) Orbitz with a 10% cash back option. On the orbitz website, I bought 4 sets of "5 days of magic" tickets- 3 days in the Major parks (NOT PARK HOPPER- that could be a dealbreaker for many) and 2 days in the water parks. I also purchased universal tickets- 1day park hopper..

My grand total per is $408 per person before we get the cash back (in a few months)- the cash back will amount to about $40 each, so we are going to Disney for 3 days, universal for 1 day, and disney water parks for 2 days for a grand total of $368! I found this to be a great deal and hopefully it helps someone else here!

Also: Seaworld is running a promotion, $42 off the normal price, so we paid $50 for these ltickets!

The money I am saving will allow me to go a little overboard on proposing to my girlfriend day 1 at MK!!!

To the OP check your orbits tickets I brought the same tickets thru ebates and orbits for my trip this past may and it is a 5 day pass with buy 3 days get 2 days free with water parks. So essentially you get 5 days major parks plus 2 days of waterparks as well. Hope this helps or adds to your planning!!
val1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by val1234 View Post

To the OP check your orbits tickets I brought the same tickets thru ebates and orbits for my trip this past may and it is a 5 day pass with buy 3 days get 2 days free with water parks. So essentially you get 5 days major parks plus 2 days of waterparks as well. Hope this helps or adds to your planning!!
Oh wow! I just noticed that - it is actually under the overview. So this even has more value than the 5 day park hopper from UT. Thanks for pointing that out!
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Congrats Op...on both your upcoming proposal and saving some $ on your trip too!
Have a great time!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
Linaebowl300
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for posting this! I purchased 2 adult 6 day and 1 child no park hopper passes and will be receiving just over $93 back from Ebates. Making each day under $50!
Linaebowl300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #20
DisneyWalle
DIS Veteran

I have never used Ebates. Can someone explain to me how this works for these discounted tickets?
2014 Disboard Book Challenge: 40 of 40 completed! WOOHOO!
DisneyWalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #21
beck02
Earning My Ears

Ebates (and fatwallet, and numerous others) are websites that give you rebates. You still buy direct from whatever site, but that site, in this case Orbitz, has a deal with e-bates that if ebates provides customers for them, they will kick back some money. Some goes to the buyer, some goes to ebates.

You'd go to ebate website first, create an account (if you don't have one already), find your store (orbitz in this case), then click the link to shop on that store. It creates a 'shopping ticket', which will track if you completed the purchase, and for how much, etc. Once the merchant confirms that you purchased the item, and it hasn't been returned (usually there's a 5 day lag or something), then you'll get whatever rebate credited to your account.

Ebates & the like usually only send out a check every 3 or 4 months, and a minimum amount usually has to be met.

It's a great way to get additional money back for stuff you would have bought anyway.
beck02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #22
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

Thanks for this info! I just bought the 3+2 days through Orbitz on Ebates.

Yay!

upcoming - Sunset Lakes Dec 14/Jan 15
Sunset Lakes Dec 13/Jan 14, Windsor Hills January 2013, Windsor Hills September 2012, POFQ February 2012, POR September 2010, DLR November 2009, AKL January 2008, POR October 2007
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #23
mjmartin01
Mouseketeer

Is there a date you have to buy these by? I just put in our dates for June of 2014 and it told me it's not available for those dates. I could not find any "purchase by date" in the fine print....please help! TIA

Disney 01/09 Timeshare (offsite), Disney 02/10 Timeshare (offsite),Disney 06/12 Indian Creek (offsite), Disney 06/15 Indian Creek

mjmartin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #24
mom0299
DIS Veteran

Good to know. Thanks!

Disneymoon @ Dixie Landings - 1993 Family Trip @ CR - 2004 Family Trip @ CSR - 2006 Family Christmas Trip @ All Star Sports - 2006 New Year Grand Gathering @ Pop - 2007/2008 Family Christmas Trip @ CBR - 2010 Family Trip @ POR - 2013
mom0299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #25
beck02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmartin01 View Post
Is there a date you have to buy these by? I just put in our dates for June of 2014 and it told me it's not available for those dates. I could not find any "purchase by date" in the fine print....please help! TIA
fine print: Dates are subject to availability.

My guess is that during the fall/winter times the park attendance is lower, so they can slightly discount the tickets. June is a peak time, plus is probably too far in the future. I wouldn't use this deal unless you knew for sure what your travel dates were, and that you were going to do it (not cancel for whatever reason--I think if you specify dates, then can't make those dates, you won't get refunded for your tickets! Or at the very least it sounds like it would be a hassle.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
beck02
Earning My Ears

From the orbitz website

Policies
Redemption Instructions
Once you have completed your purchase, you'll get an e-mail linking to your voucher. You MUST print the voucher and present it along with picture ID in order to gain admission. You will not be able to enter the park without your voucher. Redeem this voucher at any Ticket Window at Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood StudiosTM or Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park to receive your Disney Magic Your Way® Ticket. At that time you may upgrade your ticket or add additional options.

Terms and Conditions
No Cancellations or refunds can be made within 4 days of arrival. Cancellations made within 4 days of arrival are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. Voucher may be redeemed for Walt Disney World® Magic Your Way® Tickets. Voucher may only be redeemed once.

Cancellation Rules
Attractions and services are non-cancelable. A Voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a Voucher will be granted once Voucher has been issued. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services. Availability and pricing for an attraction or service are subject to change without notice.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrmr View Post
HI all. I'm going to Disney in about two weeks and we held off on purchasing the tickets (we're not staying in a Disney resort :/) so as to maybe find a deal or something. Well, I was all set to buy them from undercover tourist and save a few pennies but then I remembered a site i used to use called ebates. basically if you shop at any store they work with, you end up with cash back.

So, I went to their site, and saw that they were promoting (and still are!) Orbitz with a 10% cash back option. On the orbitz website, I bought 4 sets of "5 days of magic" tickets- 3 days in the Major parks (NOT PARK HOPPER- that could be a dealbreaker for many) and 2 days in the water parks. I also purchased universal tickets- 1day park hopper..

My grand total per is $408 per person before we get the cash back (in a few months)- the cash back will amount to about $40 each, so we are going to Disney for 3 days, universal for 1 day, and disney water parks for 2 days for a grand total of $368! I found this to be a great deal and hopefully it helps someone else here!

Also: Seaworld is running a promotion, $42 off the normal price, so we paid $50 for these tickets!

The money I am saving will allow me to go a little overboard on proposing to my girlfriend day 1 at MK!!!
Yep I was told yesterday about this on this board, I am going to purchase mine next month..If its 10 percent back I will get 240 back..

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #28
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

I bought 11 tickets and now have close to $400 coming my way in November.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: