Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #16
tony67
I always get odd looks when I put mayo on my fries
Ask for Pepe - "The Master"

Considering how busy the Starbucks is I don't think MSB is as missed as everyone thinks.

I think the change has less to do with MSB being gone and the fact that it is a Starbucks - I did hear some people complaining about the fancy coffees and that they just want a "normal" coffee - whatever - you can get a cup of instant coffee somewhere else in the parks.

As for MSB's cinnamon rolls - personally I think were way overrated - they looked way better then they actually were - and to be clear they did not bake them here - it all came from a central kitchen

Al that being said it is kind of annoying that they did this - but that is what people want - it's kind of like all these people that go to NYC and then eat at Ruby Tuesday - why would you wait in line for the same generic food you can get at home and it cost 2-3 times as much??? Not that the food is Disney is all that better....

Anyway I would have preferred that Disney just served decent coffee throughout the parks and kept MSB as is- they have already messed up so many of my childhood memories of Disney - but in the end the Starbucks does the job and I'm sure Disney is making a nice profit on this.

Now if they could just get Nathan's to come in and solve the Hot Dog problems at Casey.s...LOL...

If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always depend on the support of Paul.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

Be seeing you.
tony67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
klamom
Earning My Ears

We just came back from a week long trip and while I completely understand the argument that Starbucks is not special and you can find one on every corner at home, being able to get a decent cup of coffee with REAL cream made me very happy.

I hate the coffee that is served at the resorts and loathe the fact that you can't find real half and half/cream. The packets of non-refrigerated coffee mate taste like chemicals to me. Yes if you ask, the resort staff will provide milk but that is not nearly the same as cream and it is a pain to find someone to help you when it is busy in the morning.

So for us, since we are at the parks at rope drop, being able to get a good, strong cup of coffee with cream was a major bonus. I also appreciated being able to use our snack credits to buy any size and type of drink that we wanted.

Just my opinion and I guess that what it comes down to what people prefer - I don't eat cinnamon rolls so happier to have the coffee option.
klamom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
Eastern
DIS Veteran

I don't love Starbucks coffee, but I would pay for it over Disney coffee, which is really terrible. We have had snacks at MSB and were unimpressed. So I am thinking that Starbucks is an improvement over MSB.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: