Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #46
Burnedout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwloverz View Post

Yep, you can use them at any resort food court now, so the $2 increase may actually be a greater value for some. They also roll over for a split stay as long as there are no gaps in the stays, again offering a greater value for some.
How many people actually bought 2 mugs in that situation? I don't know that I would have if we did split stays. Just thinking.
Burnedout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #47
Amii
Mouseketeer

I have free dining when I go to Disney in October. I'm bringing my own drinks and won't be using the refillabe mugs. I don't want anything to do with RFID chips.

Also, I shouldn't have to wait to get a soda because other people steal soda. We have always purchased new cups or (or had them included with the dining plan) every vacation we have been on. Disney allowed people to reuse cups or use their own cups and never told them no. It may be a small inconvenience to wait 3 minutes between drinks, etc. but I shouldn't have limitations because other people steal. There is no reason to make it harder for everyone because some steal soda. They should have dealt with the people who were openly using mugs from other stays or using their own cups.
Amii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #48
KYDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Don't mind the RFID in the mugs, but what irritates me is that they were automatically included in the dining plans a couple years ago thereby the dining plan price increased to include the mugs. We purchased the mugs our first year at the world and found them small and hardly useful based on how often we eat at our resort and the little amount of soda we drink.
Would be nice if the mugs were an addon option to the dining plan, as we and I'm sure a large number of guests would choose not to use them, but oh well.......
KYDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #49
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

silly...

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #50
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
You know what I think is absurd? That people condone stealing. It doesn't matter if it's a cup of soda, a character hoodie, a lollipop. It's still stealing and it's wrong.
I completely agree!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #51
revdon64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily

I completely agree!!!
I am amazed at how people can rationalize things. "We used one cup for our whole family but we could never have consumed enough beverage to cost Disney any money." That's only one of so many examples in this thread. Here's the bottom line - the company sets a price for a product. If you don't want to or cannot afford to pay that price, fine. But any action that circumvents the company receiving it's compensation for the product it supplies amounts to stealing. It does not and should not matter how rich the company is. If you take a box of paper clips or pens or a ream of paper from work without the consent of your company, you stole it. How is this different? If the mug annoys you - don't buy it. If it's inconvenient to wait 3 minutes to top off after you down half the cup - don't do it. But honestly, how much of the company's assets would you like for them to give away?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:17 AM   #52
MolonLabe
DTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amii View Post
I have free dining when I go to Disney in October.

Also, I shouldn't have to wait to get a soda because other people steal soda. We have always purchased new cups or (or had them included with the dining plan) every vacation we have been on. Disney allowed people to reuse cups or use their own cups and never told them no. It may be a small inconvenience to wait 3 minutes between drinks, etc. but I shouldn't have limitations because other people steal. There is no reason to make it harder for everyone because some steal soda. They should have dealt with the people who were openly using mugs from other stays or using their own cups.
That's the brainwashed attitude so many people have though.

Let's punish everyone instead of focusing on the bad apples.

I still can't figure out why we haven't banned cars or alcohol yet, lol. I assume that's next year

In any case, unless we are staying at CR ( which we are again this trip), I don't think I filled a mug (we always go during FD, so we have a few sets of identical mugs at this point) more than once every day, if even then.

It was a pain to walk to the refill area.

CR was convenient, short elevator ride down so I'd get coffee every morning and some iced tea (unsweetened) at night.

That 3 minute rule is going to be a PIA on our resort day. Come in from the pool and want to suck down 6~ ounces of tea before topping off to go back to the pool? Nope sorry, here is three minutes of your life were going to steal.

Now Disney is the thief by stealing your life, 3 minutes at a time.

It's ok though because Disney is fighting "soda terrorism"... 12 ounces at time.

I really didn't care about the RFID chips until this 3 minute stupidity. I was actually looking forward to getting some different colored mugs. Now I'm wondering if different colors are worth having my time being stolen.

May 2011 POP for 6 days
Nov 2012 Contemporary for 7 days and MVMCP
Sept 2013 Contemporary for 8 days and MNSSHP
May 2014 cancelled due to FP+ debacle
and dozens of off site trip stays.
MolonLabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #53
anelson81993
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Um, no. What I am annoyed about is 1) the very high cost of the mugs ($18). This is quite a steep increases considering the new mugs are in place to reduce expense/los and 2) having to deal with waiting to do a 1/2 reg/ 1/2 diet mug full. Then standing there another 3 minutes if I take a few gulps and want to top it back off. It is petty for the amount of $ a soda costs Disney.
Haven't decided how I feel about the RFID mugs yet, so no comment on that, but...#2 is partially a nonissue, at least as far as filling the mug with multiple drinks goes. As long as your cup is not currently full, you can fill it with as many different drinks as you'd like. The sensors read how full your cup is and stops the machine from dispensing when the cup has reached capacity. Till then, it can be filled up with as many different options as you'd like.

Source: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...ts-now-in-use/
anelson81993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #54
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amii View Post
I have free dining when I go to Disney in October. I'm bringing my own drinks and won't be using the refillabe mugs. I don't want anything to do with RFID chips.
I hope you plan on stopping shopping sometime soon. Many places use RFID technology to keep track of their inventory. Pretty soon it will be unavoidable.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #55
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe View Post

I really didn't care about the RFID chips until this 3 minute stupidity. I was actually looking forward to getting some different colored mugs. Now I'm wondering if different colors are worth having my time being stolen.
Over-dramatize much? Even if someone thinks this is theft, how is it different than the theft of your time waiting in any line at WDW? You pay for a park pass. Is Disney stealing your time while you wait to get in the park? Wait in line for a popcorn? Wait in line for an attraction?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #56
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

I think the funny thing about this thread is people complaining about the new chip are saying they do not want wait to refill. People in support of the new mugs keep claiming those against them support stealing. Too funny.

We will all wait longer to fill our mugs now because with so many people hanging around for three minutes the lines will get backed up. Then people will start complaining about how and where people wait to refill the mug (while they stand there, tray in hand waiting to get a drink). Soon we will have a thread about how refilling you mug is rude and you should stand x number of feet from the machine to wait. LOL.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #57
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
I think the funny thing about this thread is people complaining about the new chip are saying they do not want wait to refill. People in support of the new mugs keep claiming those against them support stealing. Too funny.

We will all wait longer to fill our mugs now because with so many people hanging around for three minutes the lines will get backed up. Then people will start complaining about how and where people wait to refill the mug (while they stand there, tray in hand waiting to get a drink). Soon we will have a thread about how refilling you mug is rude and you should stand x number of feet from the machine to wait. LOL.
Ha! But really how fast can people drink a whole mug full of soda?? It takes me ages! I cannot imagine someone downing it and then standing with their tray still in their hands waiting the 3 min to refill right away. But maybe some people would...
Old 08-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #58
Burnedout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout View Post

How many people actually bought 2 mugs in that situation? I don't know that I would have if we did split stays. Just thinking.
Just for the record we've never split stays and always but the mug. They become the bedside mugs for the year. The lids keep the cats out of them!

And I'm not condoning anything. Truly just wondering.
Burnedout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #59
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ha! But really how fast can people drink a whole mug full of soda?? It takes me ages! I cannot imagine someone downing it and then standing with their tray still in their hands waiting the 3 min to refill right away. But maybe some people would...
I hear ya! Does this mean people will just stand there waiting to refill instead of going to their table with a FULL drink and coming back in a bit to refill? Also as I understand it, this 3 minute wait will only apply to the soda. Not, coffee or iced tea.

wdwloverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #60
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMB View Post
Policing the amount of refills seems extremely petty, almost to the point of insulting.
Exactly. And doing it without even changing the mug design that has been in use for nearly three years makes it doubly so. I'd probably swallow the price increase. I could even adapt to the three-minute rule even though I'm one that fills my mug, chugs half of it or more almost immediately, and then refills before leaving the food court. But for the love of Walt, PLEASE give us a new design! Better yet, offer a few different options now that appearance isn't the only means of enforcing the mug refill policy.

I have a dozen or so mugs with that same pool scene sitting around my kitchen already. I really thought we'd see a new design for the roll-out and now that we haven't I doubt we'll see one before next year or the following.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: