Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Resort Advice needed for family of 4 +1

Aloha! DH, DDs (7 and 1 at time of travel) and I are traveling to WDW next September and have booked a standard room at WL. Recently, one of our good family friends has been trying to plan a trip to Disney and is having trouble finding anyone who wants to go, so we invited her to come on 'our' trip. **Background: she was my college roommate and has known DH and I for 12 years and gets along great with our DDs**

We are figuring that it would be in best interest to move to a room that will have 3 beds so that she will not have to share with our older DD, and have her pay the cost difference between the room we have and the one we would move up to...

So, with that in mind, we are considering the WL bunk bed room or a room at YC/BC with the daybed. What are thoughts/opinions/advice for this situation? Are the bunk beds twin size? We are trying to stay at resorts that have easy access to at least 1 theme park (so no AKL) and will consider a moderate but were only 'eh' about POR AB rooms.

TIA for any advice!

P.S. I understand some people would say this might be a weird situation, but Friend, DH and I are WDW vets and she admits she might want to break off and do her own thing some... plus, we did a trip last year with 4 of my in-laws, so this will be cake!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
MattRyan
Mouseketeer

The Polynesian rooms also sleep 5 if you want to look into that .
MattRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Aloha! DH, DDs (7 and 1 at time of travel) and I are traveling to WDW next September and have booked a standard room at WL. Recently, one of our good family friends has been trying to plan a trip to Disney and is having trouble finding anyone who wants to go, so we invited her to come on 'our' trip. **Background: she was my college roommate and has known DH and I for 12 years and gets along great with our DDs**

We are figuring that it would be in best interest to move to a room that will have 3 beds so that she will not have to share with our older DD, and have her pay the cost difference between the room we have and the one we would move up to...

So, with that in mind, we are considering the WL bunk bed room or a room at YC/BC with the daybed. What are thoughts/opinions/advice for this situation? Are the bunk beds twin size? We are trying to stay at resorts that have easy access to at least 1 theme park (so no AKL) and will consider a moderate but were only 'eh' about POR AB rooms.

TIA for any advice!

P.S. I understand some people would say this might be a weird situation, but Friend, DH and I are WDW vets and she admits she might want to break off and do her own thing some... plus, we did a trip last year with 4 of my in-laws, so this will be cake!
WL would be the cheapest option if your friend doesn't mind a bunk bed (which are pretty close to twin size). With that said, I agree with the pp's suggestion to look into the Poly. The rooms are larger than at WL and YC/BC and all rooms come with a daybed (which would only be a request and not guaranteed at the BC/YC). The CR is also a good option as those rooms are comparable in size to the Poly with all rooms coming with a daybed.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRyan View Post
The Polynesian rooms also sleep 5 if you want to look into that .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
WL would be the cheapest option if your friend doesn't mind a bunk bed (which are pretty close to twin size). With that said, I agree with the pp's suggestion to look into the Poly. The rooms are larger than at WL and YC/BC and all rooms come with a daybed (which would only be a request and not guaranteed at the BC/YC). The CR is also a good option as those rooms are comparable in size to the Poly with all rooms coming with a daybed.
I would LOVE to do the Poly, but the price difference is a bit

I will look into CR... I had totally spaced that one out! Thanks for the recs, and maybe I can convince DH and friend we need to revisit our Hawaiian days!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: