Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Is it really the disney cast member magic

I wanted to ask a more curiosity related question to an experience I had when I booked our December vacation for this year. I received a pin code in the mail for free dining and decided to jump on the opportunity to add free dinning to an already in the works trip plan. (This was before free dining was extended to everyone) This pin code did not have a website option as the ones in the past did so I called the number to get some pricing on a few resort options. We had it narrowed down to BLT or WL but I wanted to review the options with my DH and in-laws before nailing down the resort.

I called back the next day and wanted to move forward with the BLT 1bedroom suite but was told there was no availability (bummer). I then asked they check WL for two standard rooms and she told me they were booked too. I started to panic thinking we had to go back to square one and try and figure out a new plan. She then offered to do a 2bedroom suite at WL but the price was much more than we budgeted with our other options. When I told her I would have to call back after I weighed our other resort options, she told me to hang on a second so she could try "some magic". A few seconds later, she said she found two standard rooms at the WL. Of course I reserved right away and was thrilled. However it has left me wondering if she was telling me they were booked since she was trying to "upsell" me or did she really have the capability to work "some magic"? Do any of you Disney experts have any insight into this?
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
smiths02
DIS Veteran

I don't know, but it is possible that the only thing that came up for your dates with that pin was WL 2 bedroom. Maybe she then got some sort of permission or override to apply your pin to the 2 standard rooms instead.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

More than likely she didn't notice the standard rooms and spun how she told you. Booking CMs dont make a commission and don't have an incentive for booking higher priced rooms.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses! I knew they didn't make commission but it seemed so curious to me.
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

With a manager's permission, if rooms are available they can apply your PIN. That is probably what happened. In the future, reserve the room when you call, you have 7 days to make the deposit, and it is held for you.

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: