Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
It is advertised as all you care to eat, but as I recall, I was hoping someone would offer me some more of the sausage and it didn't happen.
They don't offer. They will bring more, but you are supposed to ask for it. They usually won't offer more, or bring it unbidden.

From what I understand, despite what else is posted here, it's only breakfast they will do this - not lunch or dinner. But I can't say for sure as I haven't been there since 2005.

Quote:
OR - management has instructed them to turn people over as quickly as possible.
I'm guessing that for this very reason, they are instructed not to offer more.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #32
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB View Post
Actually the way I read their website all meals would be all-you-care-to-enjoy.

Feast Fit for Royalty

Delight in an all-you-care-to-enjoy banquet as Disney Princesses visit for photos and autographs.

Breakfast
Enjoy pre-plated, American breakfast favorites like stuffed French toast, steak and eggs, baked quiche, crepes and pastries as you sip on your choice of juice, milk, coffee or tea.

Lunch
For starters, Cinderella's Royal Chef creates a selection of baked specialties. Then, it's on to an unforgettable main course with choices ranging from slow-cooked short ribs to Her Majesty's catch of the day for the adults, and chicken nuggets or turkey pot pie for the kids. Polish off your meal with dessert, such as seasonal sorbet or flourless chocolate cake.

Dinner
Dine like royalty on your choice of appetizer, followed by savory entrées that may include oven-roasted chicken breast, beef tenderloin and gnocchi with roasted vegetables. The children's menu offers all-time favorites, such as chicken nuggets, cheese pizza and turkey pot pie. For a sweet finale, desserts include a sampler trio and other irresistible treats.
I couldn't resist checking. You're right - the way it is laid out seems to indicate that ALL three meals are all you care to enjoy.

I remember checking last year before our Aug trip and I'm almost certain it only said all you care to enjoy for breakfast.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #33
cmusschoot
DIS Veteran

Our Experience

We have been to CRT many times and ALWAYS ask for more food...usually something in particular...ie. an extra bowl of fruit...or more pastries, I asked for more bacon once...

I agree that sometimes it feels like an imposition on the part of the wait staff...

But you can also ask for "to go" cups for the drinks.

Have a great breakfast!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #34
DCDisney
On my way...

I really don't think the management cares they must tell the servers to act this way because it's so common. I have allergies so could only eat a few items of my meal and my kids don't eat pork. Every time we go I have to beg, make myself a nuisance, hunt for my server, etc to get more food. It makes me totally uncomfortable because they are never nice about it but when paying so much I refuse to leave totally hungry. I think they give them a ton of tables because they don't check back with you to refill drinks or check on your food. You order they bring drinks and then food and that's it they just come back with the check and with the waves of service it's not like you can just grab them when they are taking someone elses order.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #35
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney
I really don't think the management cares they must tell the servers to act this way because it's so common. I have allergies so could only eat a few items of my meal and my kids don't eat pork. Every time we go I have to beg, make myself a nuisance, hunt for my server, etc to get more food. It makes me totally uncomfortable because they are never nice about it but when paying so much I refuse to leave totally hungry. I think they give them a ton of tables because they don't check back with you to refill drinks or check on your food. You order they bring drinks and then food and that's it they just come back with the check and with the waves of service it's not like you can just grab them when they are taking someone elses order.
with the widespread reports, it can't be just a crabby server thing. Something is happening from mgmt. Which sucks. Eating in the Castle is WDW's iconic experience. It should never be less than a fairytale magical experience. Don't get me wrong. It's still a good experience and we ddn't regret doing it. It just could have been better.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #36
Rainy29
Earning My Ears

I plan on ordering 2 breakfast platters from the start. I want steak and eggs and I want to try the stuffed french toast. Since I'm using double table credits for one breakfast I don't see why I shouldn't get what I want.

Really... I would think it would be easier for them if I just did it from the start instead of after my first food came out. Less work for them!
Rainy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #37
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Pre paid tip is always bad for customer, Service tends to be less then Non per paid tip.

We got extra serving of the sides just by asking at dinner time. And yes we lucked in and got great server, she also got extra tip.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #38
Paigesmom2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks for asking about this. I will feel better about the cost if I can tell my husband he can order two entrees. I was also thinking about maybe getting the salad and a meat dish for lunch.
Paigesmom2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: