Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
archrd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

The rollaway beds would be against fire codes if you used them for more people than the room allows. The fire codes don't take space in the room into account. Just the number of people in each room, the width of stairs and corridors and how quickly people can evacuate in an emergency.

If they do have rollaways, you should be able to get one since you are not exceeding room occupancy.
I was actually told by several Disney people both online and on the phone that did not offer cots for their rooms at all. I have told them every time that I have asked them that it will be 3 adults only in the room and we all require a separate bed, both of my brothers are somewhat heavy and will not fit comfortably in a queen bed together and I do not wish to share a bed with one of them. Our only options we were given was to get two rooms, a suite or stay deluxe with a daybed in the room.
archrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
sturowski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmakatbaby View Post

Thanks for all of the replys everyone!! I really appreciate it.

Sturowski or momtwoboys-- do you remember what the charge was per night? We have the same problem-- they really just don't want to share a bed. My oldest is over 6 feel tall and likes to sleep "curled" up which doesn't leave much room in a double bed
If I remember correctly it was $15 a night, This was two years ago at the pops...
sturowski is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrd View Post
I was actually told by several Disney people both online and on the phone that did not offer cots for their rooms at all. I have told them every time that I have asked them that it will be 3 adults only in the room and we all require a separate bed, both of my brothers are somewhat heavy and will not fit comfortably in a queen bed together and I do not wish to share a bed with one of them. Our only options we were given was to get two rooms, a suite or stay deluxe with a daybed in the room.
When you call the resort, you get a call center that identifies itself as the resort. The call center might be in Tampa or Kansas and the CM on the phone may never have been to the resort you are calling about.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmakatbaby View Post
Do you have trouble with security at airlines? Such as the pump for the bed? or with it making your luggage over the weight limits?
We drive.
But the pump is built into an Aerobed, so no loose parts. And you could check on the weight before you buy one.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: