Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Question regarding pricing

We are booked 8-30 thru 9-7 at pofq. We have free dining. Looking online tonight it was showing pool view room at animal kingdom and I put in our tickets and it was coming up at $2800 or so- dh said to call and see if we could switch as it was less than a $500 difference. So I called and made sure all options were the same and the cm told me it was going to be $3400 because of our promotion. What is up with that? I should be able to book for the price online.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We are booked 8-30 thru 9-7 at pofq. We have free dining. Looking online tonight it was showing pool view room at animal kingdom and I put in our tickets and it was coming up at $2800 or so- dh said to call and see if we could switch as it was less than a $500 difference. So I called and made sure all options were the same and the cm told me it was going to be $3400 because of our promotion. What is up with that? I should be able to book for the price online.
Did you price it under special offers or under regular pricing without the dining plan? It may not be available under the free dining promo. Not all rooms and dates are available, by now they are pretty picked over.
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

I just went on the website and selected the same room and tickets we currently have. I did t price it under a special but with "free dining" it's almost $600 more when I call then online for the same room category and tickets with "free dining"
Old 08-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just went on the website and selected the same room and tickets we currently have. I did t price it under a special but with "free dining" it's almost $600 more when I call then online for the same room category and tickets with "free dining"
Is that you "did" or "didn't" price it under a special? Because, remember, with "free dining", your room rate goes to rack rate.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

I did not price it under any special online
Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did not price it under any special online
Were you booked at POFQ under a promotion? And when did you book, because if it was prior to the ticket increase, your new tickets would be subject to the increase.

Or, was the CM adding insurance into the mix?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

I was under free dining. Ok but like right now I'm on Disneys site. Without selecting any discounts the package rate is $2800. When I called the exact same package- room/ticket combo with our free dining is coming to $3400. The price for room/ ticket should t change. I'm basing it on their website right now- not what I paid for the tickets originally- comparing room to room and ticket to ticket.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was under free dining. Ok but like right now I'm on Disneys site. Without selecting any discounts the package rate is $2800. When I called the exact same package- room/ticket combo with our free dining is coming to $3400. The price for room/ ticket should t change. I'm basing it on their website right now- not what I paid for the tickets originally- comparing room to room and ticket to ticket.
I would call and speak with another CM then. And, verify that they are not adding insurance.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It sounds like it isn't eligible for FD so it's charging you for the dining plan in order to quote you the same package components you currently have booked. Meaning if you have tix/room/dining now, when they try and change you over it's still keeping all three but its now charging for dining if its not eligible.

I'd call back and just ask again, see if the new CM can give a better explanation if the same thing happens. I wouldn't mention the prior call, just see what they say and go from there.

Last edited by aaarcher86; 08-20-2013 at 12:04 PM.
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Free dining requires that you pay the highest room rate charge - also known as "rack rate." So it may be possible to get another package for the $2800, but it sounds as though the "free dining" package increases the room rate portion. See if you can transfer to the $2800 package you are finding online - but it won't include free dining. "Free dining" promotion really isn't "free" - you are paying for it somewhere, and it's not always the best option, especially at deluxe resorts.

ETA: with an arrival of 8/30, the free dining offer under which you booked may not be currently available. It appears the current offer is for arrivals starting 9/29. So likely your promotion cannot be applied if you change the ressie.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: