Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Grendalynn
Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran

Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Paradiso 37 & Le Cellier

Hello Fellow Planners!

We have booked a few new places for our upcoming WDW trip. While we have stuck with a few favorites, such as Crystal Palace, Sci-Fi Dinner Theater, and Rainforrest Cafe. We just booked 100 days out and have limited options for ADRS, so it has "forced" us to try some new places.

Currently we have DINNER reservations at Splitsville Luxury Lanes in DTD, Paradiso 37, 1900 Park Fair, and we were finally able to get into Le Cellier!

I would love some feedback for any or all of those places. I am interested in your experiences, good food vs bad food, and even the "make sure you" and "don't for get to" types of advice... There will be 10 of us traveling together - 4 adults, 6 kids (ages from 14 y - 2 mo). We also have the Disney Dining Plan
- Dad 39 - Mom 37 -DS15 -DS11 - DS7
Grendalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
DCDisney
On my way...

I think you have a pretty good mix of places. We did find our little ones were really feally scared by the loud noises at RFC so if you have one's who tend to be scared in your group that one might be one to switch. Paradiso gets pretty mixed reviews but if it works with where you will be that day I would try it. We really don't care for Le Cellier anymore especially for 2 credits. Other signature meals are so much better and usually not hard to book. We LOVE Yachtsman's steakhouse. The food is much better than Le Cell and especially their kids meals. The kids dessert at Yachtsman is sooo cute! White chocolate puzzle with edible paint, mini cupcake, and mini brownie. They also make the actual meal look really nice not like every other place like Le C does. All of the signature meals except Le C and Brown Derby do really cool things for kids meals. My only other idea is if you have a few credits you are just not sure of in terms of time, place, convenience, etc perhaps adding in Hoop Dee Doo would be fun? We love the dinner show experience and my kids loved it when they were little and still as teens. It makes for a nice laid back evening and there is tons to explore at Ft Wilderness.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I really like Le Cellier, but I don't use thenDDP when I go (very few Signatures are economically worth two credits). I usually order the Cheddar Cheese Soup, Filet Mignon with Mushroom Risotto, and the sorbet dessert. The ribeye is also very good. I really like the pretzel breadsticks...you can ask for just those if you like them better than the other breads in the baskets.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I was VERY unimpressed with LeCellier after it went signature. I agree with an earlier poster go for Yatchman's instead. (And really that much money and the thing folks rave about is the bread LOL!)

(LeCellier, hint risotto is not suppose to be crunchy )
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I was VERY unimpressed with LeCellier after it went signature. I agree with an earlier poster go for Yatchman's instead. (And really that much money and the thing folks rave about is the bread LOL!)

(LeCellier, hint risotto is not suppose to be crunchy )
I'm sorry to hear that the risotto you had was crunchy. It's supposed to be slightly chewy (i.e., not mushy), but not crunchy. I've had the risotto probably a dozen or so times and it's always been great (and cooked properly when I've had it). I disagree about Yachtsman...the main dishes were tasty (filet and ribeye), but the appetizers, sides, and desserts were lacking. Neither restaurant is a winner in terms of atmosphere and decor. So for my family, LC is on the must do list, whereas Yachtsman is on the "if there is time" list.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
shawnh199
Mouseketeer

We had both Yachtsman and Le Cellier on our trip in June. We love Le Cellier - it is a must do on each trip. This was the first time we had eaten there since it went signature. Our first meal there (we were able to score a 2nd ADR for our next to last day) we each ordered the ribeye steak. OMG - this is the biggest steak I have ever seen. None of us came close to eating the entire thing. Especially my 10 year old who was now an "adult" according to Disney. The food was very good.

We had the porterhouse at Yachtsman - neither my husband nor I were very impressed at all. We will not return there.

Our second meal at Le Cellier we were able to score a next day lunch ressie! We all split one ribeye and two salads. With that and the bread we all walked out full. And, the ribeye was just as tasty the second time. My youngest (6 yr old) wanted soup and bread. Loved it.

1900 Park Fare has OK food, but we absolutely love the "entertainment". The step sisters and step mother are hilarious. We tried it for the first time on our trip a couple of years ago and it has become a must do for us. We had an even better time this year as Lady Tremaine took a liking to both our girls. She danced with my youngest and she then took both girls to dance with the Prince. And the step sisters are just a hoot! You wind up watching them all over the restaurant.
shawnh199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
I think you have a pretty good mix of places. We did find our little ones were really feally scared by the loud noises at RFC so if you have one's who tend to be scared in your group that one might be one to switch. Paradiso gets pretty mixed reviews but if it works with where you will be that day I would try it. We really don't care for Le Cellier anymore especially for 2 credits. Other signature meals are so much better and usually not hard to book. We LOVE Yachtsman's steakhouse. The food is much better than Le Cell and especially their kids meals. The kids dessert at Yachtsman is sooo cute! White chocolate puzzle with edible paint, mini cupcake, and mini brownie. They also make the actual meal look really nice not like every other place like Le C does. All of the signature meals except Le C and Brown Derby do really cool things for kids meals. My only other idea is if you have a few credits you are just not sure of in terms of time, place, convenience, etc perhaps adding in Hoop Dee Doo would be fun? We love the dinner show experience and my kids loved it when they were little and still as teens. It makes for a nice laid back evening and there is tons to explore at Ft Wilderness.
Great post! A well kept secret at WDW is that Yachtsman is the same point cost (DDP) as Le Cellier and Yachtsman is far better. While I LOVE Le Cellier I will even admit the Yachtsman is a better cut of meat and all around better menu. However, if you do stick with Le Cellier (not a bad thing) make sure you get the cheese soup and stick with the Filet Mignon. IF YOU CHOOSE NOTHING ELSE GET THE CREME BRULEE for dessert. Really good stuff.

Either way you are making some fine choices. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!

And as always: Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time

We've been pleasantly surprised with Paradiso 37. I've dined there 3 times now, and have not had any complaints with food or service. The burger and the chicken sandwich we tried last visit were excellent. (For us, it has taken the place of HOB at DTD, after their less than stellar 'menu change'.)
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert P View Post
We've been pleasantly surprised with Paradiso 37. I've dined there 3 times now, and have not had any complaints with food or service. The burger and the chicken sandwich we tried last visit were excellent. (For us, it has taken the place of HOB at DTD, after their less than stellar 'menu change'.)
Us too....x2 for the chicken sandwich.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendalynn View Post
Hello Fellow Planners!

We have booked a few new places for our upcoming WDW trip. While we have stuck with a few favorites, such as Crystal Palace, Sci-Fi Dinner Theater, and Rainforrest Cafe. We just booked 100 days out and have limited options for ADRS, so it has "forced" us to try some new places.

Currently we have DINNER reservations at Splitsville Luxury Lanes in DTD, Paradiso 37, 1900 Park Fair, and we were finally able to get into Le Cellier!

I would love some feedback for any or all of those places. I am interested in your experiences, good food vs bad food, and even the "make sure you" and "don't for get to" types of advice... There will be 10 of us traveling together - 4 adults, 6 kids (ages from 14 y - 2 mo). We also have the Disney Dining Plan
Paradiso 37 is one of favorite restaurants in WDW. We've been going here for the past several years and it has always been consistently good. Feel free to check out our experience from a few months ago (with photos):

Our Paradiso 37 Dining Experience with photos

We also tried Splitsville for the first time as well during that trip. It was ok. I think if we go back it would have to be for the whole bowling and dining experience. I would recommend that for your family on a day you may not be visiting the parks. Check out our review:

Our Splitsville Lunch Experience with photos

We did have a nice lunch at Le Cellier as well. However we did order appetizers and a kid's meal so that kept the cost in check and we had a TIW card. But the food and service were very good. Keep in mind it is 2 credits on the DDP on some don't think it's worth that. Feel free to check out photos and our experience with this establishment.

Our Le Cellier Dining Experience with photos

As far as 1900 Pk Fare, although we do like the breakfast we are not fans of the dinner there. If you're on the DDP it is worth a try. We didn't care for it last time we dined here for dinner but it may have improved since then. There are a lot of mixed reviews on the boards about it. The characters at dinner can be quite entertaining.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
Paradiso 37 is one of favorite restaurants in WDW. We've been going here for the past several years and it has always been consistently good. Feel free to check out our experience from a few months ago (with photos):

We also tried Splitsville for the first time as well during that trip. It was ok. I think if we go back it would have to be for the whole bowling and dining experience. I would recommend that for your family on a day you may not be visiting the parks. Check out our review:

We did have a nice lunch at Le Cellier as well. However we did order appetizers and a kid's meal so that kept the cost in check and we had a TIW card. But the food and service were very good. Keep in mind it is 2 credits on the DDP on some don't think it's worth that. Feel free to check out photos and our experience with this establishment.

As far as 1900 Pk Fare, although we do like the breakfast we are not fans of the dinner there. If you're on the DDP it is worth a try. We didn't care for it last time we dined here for dinner but it may have improved since then. There are a lot of mixed reviews on the boards about it. The characters at dinner can be quite entertaining.
Nice Review!

And as always: Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
Grendalynn
Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post

This is awesome! thanks so much for the handy & helpful info! We are planning to do Splitsville on a day that we aren't going into any parks... So I am excited to do it. We have a 7pm ADR!

Also, We may consider paying OOP for Le Cellier... I had intended to us our DDP, but it would save us money in the long run just to eat a lighter fair than what we normally would on the DDP. I ea like a mouse and 2 DSs are still kids. DS14 and DH would be the only pricey ones in the bunch. Certainly something for us to talk about..
- Dad 39 - Mom 37 -DS15 -DS11 - DS7
Grendalynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: