Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
TheRustyScupper
Coordinator: GKTW. Volunteer: Kiwanis & SCORE. Board Member: Make-A-Wish. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty Good Sailing Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
NO every TS does not have chicken nuggets . . .

1) This is correct.
2) WDW tries to cater to kids.
3) Unfortunately, they cannot cater to all picky appetites.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
moobar25
Mouseketeer

OP- Liberty Tree Tavern does offer chicken fingers if you ask. My nephew only eats a few things and that's what we order for him there. Did this last May.
Not sure about the others.
AKV-CL 1/15, BCV/BLT 9/14, BC 8/14 Villains, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BWV/OKW 3/14 Anniversary, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #18
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

OP, good luck and keep at it. Our dd will be 3 in Oct and she was such a great eater. Just recently she has stopped eating things she's been eating since a baby (broccoli , applesauce, mashed potatoes, etc). She also doesn't want to try things like she used to. So frustrating. I wouldn't call her picky but she's definitely limiting her foods now. I prepare her meals and make sure there are things I know she will eat and a few things she may not in case she decides she wants to try them lol
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #19
BlackMagicWoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
I've always thought it's odd that the super picky eaters will only eat chicken nuggets, pizza, or the like. No one seems to have a picky child that will eat nothing but carrot sticks and apples. It's like they're only picky for unhealthy food that's very easy to prepare at home. Weird.
My daughter went through a phase where she wanted to eat pasta prepared with homemade alfredo sauce. She wouldn't eat pizza at all. She still doesn't like any condiments. I did a bread and jam for Francis move on her. I started making it for every single meal. I wouldn't even deviate to other things that she liked.

After that she ate pizza and salmon and pork chops, at the very least she will try it now and then decide if she hates it.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #20
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've always thought it's odd that the super picky eaters will only eat chicken nuggets, pizza, or the like. No one seems to have a picky child that will eat nothing but carrot sticks and apples. It's like they're only picky for unhealthy food that's very easy to prepare at home. Weird.
Carrots and applesauce are a side, not a main meal. My dd was very picky when she was little, but always gobbled up fruits and veggies. She didn't like pizza, mac and cheese, hot dogs or any other typical kid food besides nuggets. She actually ate no meat at all besides a nugget. I made her either breaded chicken breasts(my own nuggets) or bought the expensive 100% breast meat no filler nuggets when I wanted convenience.

The bottom line is that all kids come with some hang up...food, sleep, what they wear etc. As a parent you pick and choose your battles. I was lucky I have always had great sleepers. Always through the night in their own beds(by 6-12 weeks in fact and we never looked back), but even though I made all their baby food from scratch I have ended up with picky eaters as they got older...that is our hang up. They are well behaved(as much as you can be at 2, 6 and 8) and my 8 and 6 yr old are already better eaters(chicken, fish, some red meat and still tons of fruits and veggies)...2yr old still a problem. It gets better OP, but I don't get why people act as though the parents of picky eaters are the problem. I am sure their is something your kid doesn't do that most do and there is no reason to be so harsh.

Bring in frozen uncrustables for your child to eat. Keep them in a backpack cooler and then you have them if you are in a pinch and can't find something they want to eat.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
MinaFemme
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hmmm, I'm taking a guess that you don't have a child with sensory issues or Autism? My child has ASD and doesn't have food issues, but I have met many families through this journey who would be ecstatic to get their child to eat something like carrots or apples, ANYTHING but what their child will only eat. And even at that, it sometimes has to be the same exact brand in the same exact packaging.

First stay on site: October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room garden view
MinaFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No need to judge in a snarky, sarcastic way and not address the question at all. I have a 7 year old who will happily eat broccoli, mango, and salmon for dinner. I have an 11 month old girl who will basically eat anything. Her 11 month old TWIN brother, just sits and waits until the meat or starch comes (or he throws the food on the floor or passes it to his sister)...he will eat veggies and fruit if they are pureed and I feed it to him. I am the same parent, but they are different children.

OP, if it helps we were offered chicken nuggets at Ohana dinner. Can't help you with WCC or LTT. I would stick to places that have it on the menu, Ohana dinner, or buffets.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #23
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

OP - check the menus of each place you are planning to go. some places will also call it chicken strips.

In WDW, our experience was - it is amazingly easy to get chicken nuggets and the vast majority of restaurants have them. My son adores chicken nuggets. Because it was their vacation, we were pretty relaxed and allowed our kids to order pretty much anything they wanted. We did restrict the pop (we were on DDP) but that was it. My DS ordered chicken nuggets about 80% of our 12 day trip.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #24
Missy29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaFemme View Post
Hmmm, I'm taking a guess that you don't have a child with sensory issues or Autism? My child has ASD and doesn't have food issues, but I have met many families through this journey who would be ecstatic to get their child to eat something like carrots or apples, ANYTHING but what their child will only eat. And even at that, it sometimes has to be the same exact brand in the same exact packaging.
I'm guessing that poster don't have kids at all, 90% of little kids, at least the ones I have seen, have some sorta of issues with food.

Missy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think this poster was commenting on the fact that many picky eaters tend to eat fast foods rather than healthier fruits and vegetables. She had never heard of picky eaters who only ate fruits and vegetables.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #26
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

Call Disney

Am I completely oversimplifying, or missing something completely, or could you not just call Disney's phone number and talk to a cast member directly. Explain your situation and see what information/advice they can give you. I am sure they have heard it a billion times to be honest. You may even be able to contact the restaurant directly. Certainly you would be able to call Wilderness Lodge and ask them about their onsite restaurant. Dont all the hotels have their own designated phone numbers? I am sure with the volume of people they service every day and the bevy of nutritional needs they deal with among the population they are more than used to accommodating requests such as this. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
merentha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I heart this comment. Completely independently of this specific conversation but for kids in general, and I have 2.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #28
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnygi View Post
Am I completely oversimplifying, or missing something completely, or could you not just call Disney's phone number and talk to a cast member directly. Explain your situation and see what information/advice they can give you. I am sure they have heard it a billion times to be honest. You may even be able to contact the restaurant directly. Certainly you would be able to call Wilderness Lodge and ask them about their onsite restaurant. Dont all the hotels have their own designated phone numbers? I am sure with the volume of people they service every day and the bevy of nutritional needs they deal with among the population they are more than used to accommodating requests such as this. Good luck!
All but a very few 'designated' numbers go to a call center. If you hit the 'front desk' button on the phone in your resort room, it goes to a call center, and yes, they answer the resort name. Most of the call centers are not even in Florida, let alone on WDW property.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #29
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy29 View Post
90% of little kids, at least the ones I have seen, have some sorta of issues with food.
Funny, I never did. And I have special needs. My best friend was a picky eater though.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #30
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

delete, double posted.
Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: