Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Picky eater... chicken nuggets at all resturants?

We have a super picky eater. Someone told me that they were told that all disney restaurants have chicken nuggets you just have to ask is this true??

I am mainly thinking for Liberty tree tavern and Whispering canyon cafe as we woukd like to try those but are concerned about what our picky eater would eat and we definitely dont want to pay for her and her eat nothing.

Thank you in advance!!!

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

That's pretty much true. Also mac n cheese as well as burgers and pizza seem to be ubiquitous. Check the menus right here on the DIS. Go to the dark blue menu bar near the top of this page and hover over "Dining" and then select "menus". That will take you to a page where you can search by restaurant, or even search for a particular food.
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover
That's pretty much true. Also mac n cheese as well as burgers and pizza seem to be ubiquitous. Check the menus right here on the DIS. Go to the dark blue menu bar near the top of this page and hover over "Dining" and then select "menus". That will take you to a page where you can search by restaurant, or even search for a particular food.
I did that first and chicken nuggets were not listed. I am saying I heard they have them, they just arent listed on the menu.

My picky eater doesnt eat mac n cheese pb and j or burgers. We are working on her eating habbits but dont want to fight her on eating on vacation.

Last edited by RooRach0906; 08-19-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Sorry that didn't help you. That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge but I'm sure others will be along with some first-hand experience.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover
Sorry that didn't help you. That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge but I'm sure others will be along with some first-hand experience.
Its ok you tried and I appreciate it.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
DCDisney
On my way...

NO every TS does not have chicken nuggets. If they aren't on the menu you can't count on it. Most will stock special allergy safe chicken tenders but they are not nuggets and they are peppery which my kids wouldn't eat when they were little (I have allergies and they would try my food). Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner will not have anything else not even what they serve for lunch. Some people carry in quick service food with them but the restaurant won't heat it or give you a plate. If it is a buffet or family style meal they will still (usually) charge you even if she doesn't eat her food. It just depends some servers are nice--we had a child sleep through a meal once and we weren't charged. Will she eat plain pasta? That is something you can get almost anywhere though Liberty Tree Tavern that would not be the case because the mac and cheese is premade. My kids didn't eat much meat when they were younger and since nearly every TS serves a pasta dish that was an easy dish to get when needed.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Thank you. We will just go to a la carte Table Service places or maybe look into the babysitting service one night.

She will not eat plain pasta. ;(

After this trip we hope to crack down on her eating habits and hopefully by the next Disney trip she will eat a lot more.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

We have a super picky eater. No all restaurants have chicken nuggets. We never travel anywhere with out peanut butter and bread. I have pics of my son eating a peanut butter sandwich at the Hoop Dee Doo, as well as other places.

It does get better. It was a rough couple of years with him, though.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
Odelay
Mouseketeer

I've always thought it's odd that the super picky eaters will only eat chicken nuggets, pizza, or the like. No one seems to have a picky child that will eat nothing but carrot sticks and apples. It's like they're only picky for unhealthy food that's very easy to prepare at home. Weird.
Odelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #10
nervous1sttimer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
We have a super picky eater. No all restaurants have chicken nuggets. We never travel anywhere with out peanut butter and bread. I have pics of my son eating a peanut butter sandwich at the Hoop Dee Doo, as well as other places.

It does get better. It was a rough couple of years with him, though.
My kids ate Uncrustables at HDDR! It's crazy because the food there is so awesome, but the waitress was very sweet about it and kept bringing them more.

They didn't eat the strawberry shortcake either. And it's the only place my son requested we actually return to on our trip in February!
nervous1sttimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
nervous1sttimer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
I've always thought it's odd that the super picky eaters will only eat chicken nuggets, pizza, or the like. No one seems to have a picky child that will eat nothing but carrot sticks and apples. It's like they're only picky for unhealthy food that's very easy to prepare at home. Weird.
It's a control issue, but thanks for the judgement.
nervous1sttimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
kom1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have a kid who only eats applesauce and yogurt. He literally throws up when he tries new foods, goes to OT every week and lives his life in constant distress about meal times. Those of us that fight this battle every day appreciate a little compassion. Parents supporting other parents, it goes a long way.
kom1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

You may want to check menus on allears.net for the places you are interested in. My DS8 is on the spectrum and at one time ate only 5 things, texture and smell became an issue. With lots of bribery, earning rewards, and maturity he now eats a tremendous variety of foods. Keep exposing and trying, it can get better.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #14
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Halfway through our trip, my 3 y/o niece had a very minor bout of sickness. She then wouldn't eat anything else other than plain pasta, chicken nuggets, bread, and for some strange reason, sweetcorn mixed with peas. Anyway, we explained to our server at each restaurant that she would only eat plain stuff and they always offered us chicken nuggets or pasta or whatever else they had. But yeah, it seemed as though chicken nuggets was an option in each place *we* went to.

Luckily she did seem to become more like herself at the end of the holiday. Normally she eats quite a lot, but when she feels unwell she does tend to go back to her comfort foods so it was good to know we had the options.

My sister did always bring some back up food though, like, in case they had nothing that Eva would eat. We just stopped off at walmart and got bread, peanut butter, crackers etc and took it out with us so she had something to eat.

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seems like the OP was talking about entrees here and not the sides. We have no idea if the OP's child likes carrot sticks and apples. Not sure if that would be filling enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: