Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #151
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
I was just there a few days ago and there are walls up and what may be some construction beginning. I could not get a good look at what was going on, and I don't know what those buildings were.
im assuming you saw the walls up behind tusker house where fotlk is going in preparation for avatar
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #152
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie7313
I still have hopes for Avatarland. I absolutely HATED the movie but Pandora was truly beautiful. I think it could be a lovely, sparkly place to wander through.
This is my opinion too. I love the concept of conservation the beauty of Pandora can offer this in a mythical, enjoyable way.

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #153
PEC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
The area behind Asia has looked basically like that since the park was built. They seem to use it for storage and staging for other projects. There is nothing in the Google Maps that would lead me to believe they are going to build there any time soon.

All indications are that it is going in the CMM area.

There was a picture recently over at Orlando Theme Parks News showing a survey marker in the CMM area. Can't say for sure it is for Avatar, but it's an interesting sign.

Evidence of actual construction, no matter where they build it, will likely surface first as a permit to the South Florida Water Management District. This would proceed construction by at least a month or two.
Got it. Just believe that area looks out of place. Kind of like from the beginning they planned to do something with it but it never happened.
PEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #154
PEC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
announced in 2011 and always stated construction would not begin until 2013....everything i ve read seems to have it complete by 2016/2017
Agree and that is what I have read all along but ut us mid-September 2013. Maybe they considered moving the Festival of the Lion King as part of the Construction. Otherwise they have a little over 3 months to begin or they are behind. To me this would not be a big deal except this park has needed an upgrade for years. EE was a great addition in mid 2000s but it really needs a couple more items.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #155
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEC View Post
Got it. Just believe that area looks out of place. Kind of like from the beginning they planned to do something with it but it never happened.
I have always speculated that they are holding on to that area for possible future animal attractions. It's more suited to this since it's a very large space and already close to the existing animal care facilities.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #156
PEC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have always speculated that they are holding on to that area for possible future animal attractions. It's more suited to this since it's a very large space and already close to the existing animal care facilities.
Who knows with Convservation Station maybe a Farm Animal Trail or maybe a North America Wild animal trail. We do have bear (black and brown), Racoons, possums, Mountain Lions, Wolves etc.
They could actually even go another direction with a South of the Equator trail with South America and/or Australia Animals.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #157
aimeeinohio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie7313 View Post
I still have hopes for Avatarland. I absolutely HATED the movie but Pandora was truly beautiful. I think it could be a lovely, sparkly place to wander through.
My thoughts as well... I didn't HATE the movie, though, I thought it was just OK. But I imagine Pandora as absolutely beautiful. I think they could make a beautiful, sparkly Pandora without it necessarily having to be Avatarland...
Walt Disney World All Star Movies August 2013

...Hoping for a Disney cruise in 2015 for our 20th wedding anniversary...

aimeeinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #158
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

The biggest problem I have it the theme. DAK is about animals and humans living together through culture and conservation. A movie about aliens doesn't really fit that

Having said that, I do trust Joe Rohde

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #159
Objectivity
Kids make happy places happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
The biggest problem I have it the theme. DAK is about animals and humans living together through culture and conservation. A movie about aliens doesn't really fit that

Dances With Aliens was all about animals and humans living together through culture and conservation. In that regard it was a perfect fit.
Objectivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #160
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For god sakes...why?!?

He's one of the worst things ever to happen to Disney...and a major blow to Animal Kingdom - my opinion.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #161
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You must have watched a different movie, because the Avatar I watched was all about living in harmony with nature and protecting the natural world.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #162
Odelay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You must have watched a different movie, because the Avatar I watched was all about living in harmony with nature and protecting the natural world.
Wasn't it about how evil the military is?
Odelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #163
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

i haven't seen any maps but i was bored and just looked, and this is the space the PP is talking about on the last page:

where the ??? are in the upper right corner. it seems to me if that is space they can do something with, why not have avatarland there and keep CMM where it is? i wouldn't think they're planning on adding any more animals, not since avatarland has been officially announced.

just wondering, please correct me if i'm off
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #164
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
... why not have avatarland there and keep CMM where it is? i wouldn't think they're planning on adding any more animals, not since avatarland has been officially announced.

They are adding a night time safari along with other night time activities. At the beginning a night time safari failed due to the lack of animal viewing. What if they just made another area with nocturnal animals for a separate after dark safari? Or possibly a combination of the original and an additional section for after dark. If a whole new one was created, that spot in the upper right would be perfect.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #165
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
i haven't seen any maps but i was bored and just looked, and this is the space the PP is talking about on the last page:

where the ??? are in the upper right corner. it seems to me if that is space they can do something with, why not have avatarland there and keep CMM where it is? i wouldn't think they're planning on adding any more animals, not since avatarland has been officially announced.

I have always speculated that they are reserving that area in case they do want to add more animal attractions in the future. The area is very large, several times larger then Avatarland will need, and is already close to all the animal care facilities.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: