Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

New Blog: MagicBands 2.0? New Style Surfaces & Excites Fans

Back in March, I brought to you word of new styles for Disney’s MagicBands that began appearing all over the Net. This was just as the program began its official testing period involving the brightly-colored bracelets that allow guests to use them as their room key, park ticket, dining voucher, FastPass+ medium, and form of payment at merchandise locations. Since then, the Bands have popped up all over Walt Disney World property and are the topic of discussion among many.

Even though MagicBands are still in the testing phase – albeit a very large one – Disney fans are finding ways to personalize them. This includes the color options provided by Disney, additional purchase trinkets and fabric covers, and even using craft supplies like paint pens and rhinestones. For those looking for something more, I may just have found it. There’s a new style of MagicBand that has surfaced, and let me tell you, this one is definitely E-Ticket worthy.

In fact, it’s just that….continue reading to see it.

See more at: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/01/03/m....5FJ9N5nd.dpuf

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
connors95
Earning My Ears

Very interesting. I would like one of those.
connors95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
KateB
Mouseketeer

These would be awesome for annual pass holders.
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I think disney will eventually release new ones once everyone gets on the system I think their top priority will be getting that done first then roll out more accessories and new bands. Maybe even making these cost something who know we will just have to wait and see.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
maggiemayhem
Earning My Ears

I remember seeing pictures of those a few weeks - maybe months? - ago, I believe on these boards. I think they were done as a one-off for executives for some conference. It was so disappointing to find that out. I will try to locate where I saw them and read about it.
maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #6
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemayhem View Post
I remember seeing pictures of those a few weeks - maybe months? - ago, I believe on these boards. I think they were done as a one-off for executives for some conference. It was so disappointing to find that out. I will try to locate where I saw them and read about it.
This was actually sent to someone by a friend who works for Disney, not one who went to a conference as I understand it. However, I think what we can take away from this is that Disney Merchandise is thinking in the direction of deluxe designs. We have heard before that they are coming, and I think that this supports that.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
maggiemayhem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
This was actually sent to someone by a friend who works for Disney, not one who went to a conference as I understand it. However, I think what we can take away from this is that Disney Merchandise is thinking in the direction of deluxe designs. We have heard before that they are coming, and I think that this supports that.
Absolutely - I hope they are put into general guest use. I can't find where I originally saw these. I could be wrong about the execs/conference bit, and it will certainly drive me crazy if no one else remembers seeing these! I know I have seen this specific band before, though having no proof means nothing online so I can certainly understand if no one believes me. Fingers crossed we can all have these! They're gorgeous.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #8
maggiemayhem
Earning My Ears

Here's the post from a few weeks ago about these bands:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50223444

Someone posted a picture of a letter that came with the bands, and it describes them as a memento for the One Orlando conference, whatever that is!

I would LOVE to have this band!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

It's a cool looking band, but I only want it if it gives me more fast passes lol

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magicband

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: