Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Rapid fill mugs

How is Disney doing length of stay? Are they asking for check out date or is it just I pay 17.99 for 14 days of mug fills? I am going down in FEB. and day I leave DH arrives so no sense in buying two mugs.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

We just returned from Disney and when we bought the mug at Music we had to give our room/park tickets card and it was linked to our check-out date. I don't think, but I may be wrong, that your plan will work.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
Fire14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
We just returned from Disney and when we bought the mug at Music we had to give our room/park tickets card and it was linked to our check-out date. I don't think, but I may be wrong, that your plan will work.
If it does it does if it doesn't it doesn't I guess. I have an AP and last I knew there wasn't a law saying I had to be resort guest to buy mug :P
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
Question if you know - we'll be down at Music in mid/late Sept - DD likes to drink ice water from the machines - can you still get that without the RFID mug? Or is there some system in place for that (I hate to use a paper cup each time and she'd rather drink the colder filtered water rather than the tap water (for rinsing out mugs).

thanks!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

If you have a single reservation then you should be able to hand off to your DH without issue.

Right now, If you have 2 separate reservations then I'm not 100% sure. Many people are asking about the process for split stays & I haven't seen a definitive answer yet although it seems its truly 14 days of usage.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

The following was posted on YC/BC thread by a very reliable source

The "length of stay" mugs are really 14 day mugs. Let's say you check in today at the BC and purchase the length of stay mug. It's good at any Disney resort (and now they are saying only resorts, not water parks) for 14 days. So you can do split stays, you can go on a 3 day cruise and come back and for 14 days, your mug works. If your reservation is for 17 days, you bring the mug back to merchandise on the 14th day and they will reprogram it for the next 3 days. They can "read" the chip that is on the mugs so they can tell the day you purchased it, etc. As far as loosing one, you MUST show your receipt.

You cannot microwave these mugs. It fries the chip. If you bring it back to merchandise with a fried chip, then you are out of luck, receipt or not.

There is also a regular old cardboard cup that can be purchased for a few dollars. It is good for 2 hours and/or 4 refills. It also has a chip on it.

The dispensers only dispense 12 ounces at a time and once you use your mug for a fill-up, you cannot get another fill-up for 2-1/2 minutes.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

I would also like to know about water availability as a previous poster, but the hot water not the cold. I don't like to put hot water into plastic cups (for tea) and planned to bring a travel mug for tea and use my resort mug for cold drinks.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Fire14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The following was posted on YC/BC thread by a very reliable source

The "length of stay" mugs are really 14 day mugs. Let's say you check in today at the BC and purchase the length of stay mug. It's good at any Disney resort (and now they are saying only resorts, not water parks) for 14 days. So you can do split stays, you can go on a 3 day cruise and come back and for 14 days, your mug works. If your reservation is for 17 days, you bring the mug back to merchandise on the 14th day and they will reprogram it for the next 3 days. They can "read" the chip that is on the mugs so they can tell the day you purchased it, etc. As far as loosing one, you MUST show your receipt.

You cannot microwave these mugs. It fries the chip. If you bring it back to merchandise with a fried chip, then you are out of luck, receipt or not.

There is also a regular old cardboard cup that can be purchased for a few dollars. It is good for 2 hours and/or 4 refills. It also has a chip on it.

The dispensers only dispense 12 ounces at a time and once you use your mug for a fill-up, you cannot get another fill-up for 2-1/2 minutes.
thank you for posting this. It's not a single res for us as we are switching resorts but will be there 14 days total.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: