Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 2,026

Never Say Never--I Think we Bought Another Contract!???

We have owned 150 points at BWV for the last 5 years and have loved the experience.
We love to cruise also and have used David's to rent out accumulated points--another good experience.
We never thought we would want more points. Now our 2 girls are married, one with a baby and one expecting one. As a good grandma, it is my job to have enough points for everyone to go to Disney, right
So..... today we made an offer on a second contract. We offered the asking price and agreed to pay 2013 MFs since the points are all there as well as closing costs. It is a cash sale; no financing.
The broker said he would present offer and get back with us Monday.
Is there any doubt the offer would be accepted? Monday is a looooonnnnnggg way off
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
First voyage of the Magic crossing from Kingdom to Kingdom!
Mickbee's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Salem NY
Posts: 510

All the best wishes with the acceptance of the contract.

Unless there isn't another offer submitted prior to yours, it seems likely it would be accepted as you met the asking terms.

Did your broker know if his agency had any prior offers?

Your grandchildren are very fortunate to have such a nice grandma.

Again, best of luck!

Mickbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Trooper8286's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 89

I would think you are OK. Our sellers seemed more interested in getting MF paid than the price per point. We were just south of the asking price but paid MF because all 2013 points were there. When they accepted, they banked all 2013 points. I was told by our broker that there were other offers and other offers had been turned down. With you paying asking and MF, what would be the objection?

I would bet you are good.

We still have ROFR to wait out..........there are a lot of people on Wait lists for direct points...... Months of waiting. Ain't it fun?

Here's to waiting together!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Stormtrooper 501st Legion- Carolina Garrison
I am not too short to be a stormtrooper!
Trooper8286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
DIS Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 848

We're still on the mailing list of various resale brokers....like we need to buy more! The thrill of the hunt has never left!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.