Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #91
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Joining in the October wait...

SO and I just decided to head to WDW for a long weekend October 19-21st. Our only plan is to visit Epcot for Food & Wine festival. We're staying (conveniently) at YC, so there is definitely a possibility we may be invited for our 2 day tickets. Kind of exciting to think that I might be able to FP+ one park over two days without having to walk over and get a pass while enjoying all that is F&W.

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #92
jseiden420
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDQuietman View Post

The railroad is closed in October? Is there a website for what is closed and when?
I always like allears.net. They seem to have the most up to date and easiest to read list
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #93
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
Logged into MDE this afternoon and found out we were selected. I was able to order and customize our bands. We will be at BC Sept 27-Oct. 3. Then moving to Pop from Oct 3-6. Then POFQ Oct. 6 -10. We are AP holders. The system let me make FP+ selections for the 27th and 28th, but that was it. Just wondering if I will be able to make them for the split stay reservations, and also wondering if our AP's are still what we will be using to get into the parks (not the MB)? We go to Disney ALOT, but even this MB stuff has me scratching my head.
Cool!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #94
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Where do you even find FP+ mentioned on MDE? I have looked all over for it and can't find it.

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #95
magicmommy
DIS Veteran

Just logged into MDE and it's all there! Manage MagicBands and make Fastpass plus selections! WooHoo! We are checking into the Beach Club on October 11th!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #96
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmommy View Post
Just logged into MDE and it's all there! Manage MagicBands and make Fastpass plus selections! WooHoo! We are checking into the Beach Club on October 11th!
Those two options have been there for everyone for a while. I've not yet seen anyone with an Oct check-in date that's able to customize MagicBands or make FastPass+ selections.

'Manage MagicBands' will change to 'Personalize MagicBands' once you are eligible.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #97
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

We arrive on the 18th and so far, no go on the Magic Bands.

I "tried" to reserve FP+ and the screen did come up but there was a pop-up message that said we were not within the proper date parametres to choose them yet.
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop
Mickey's Best Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #98
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

We're late October, 26 - 29th. But staying on DVC points. Any rumors on if DVCers will get to test in October? I know some got to test in August/September. So I'm hoping we get picked. I would test it out. It doesn't make or break my vacation. I'm not a die hard FP user as it is anyway, but it would be nice to schedule some stuff.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #99
magicmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Those two options have been there for everyone for a while. I've not yet seen anyone with an Oct check-in date that's able to customize MagicBands or make FastPass+ selections.

'Manage MagicBands' will change to 'Personalize MagicBands' once you are eligible.
You're right. I got all excited for nothing.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #100
Diaz
Earning My Ears

So, I am confused. Does requesting and receiving Magic Bands mean that you are in the test group and can use FP+? Or do you have to be chosen to participate in the test group to receive Magic Bands? How will I know if I am chosen? My stay is Pop, Oct 21 thru 25 th, room, ticket and food package. Thanks in advance for your help.
Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #101
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="Diaz"]So, I am confused. Does requesting and receiving Magic Bands mean that you are in the test group and can use FP+? Or do you have to be chosen to participate in the test group to receive Magic Bands? How will I know if I am chosen? My stay is Pop, Oct 21 thru 25 th, room, ticket and food package.

My cousin with be at POP the last week of Sept and he did not get an invite at all but was still able to customize and order his MB and make FP+ selection for his entire stay. We will be at Pop Oct 19-26 with FD package but the MB and FP+ option isn't currently open on my MDE yet. I probably check that silly thing at least 100 times a day, LOL.

Flynnismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #102
steff45
Earning My Ears

Subscribng to this thread. We will be at Pop from Oct 6th-12th. Not sure if I want to test or not.
steff45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #103
disneynme
Mouseketeer

We are staying at YC 10/10-10/14. We have tickets already booked through Travelocity, but I can't link them yet on MDE. So, can someone remind me what we will have to do? Is it that we don't get the bands till we get to the resort and can't schedule FPs until then?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #104
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
We are staying at YC 10/10-10/14. We have tickets already booked through Travelocity, but I can't link them yet on MDE. So, can someone remind me what we will have to do? Is it that we don't get the bands till we get to the resort and can't schedule FPs until then?
If your reservation is eligible for testing, you should still be able to personalize MagicBands and have them shipped. You just can't make FastPass+ selections without having valid park admission linked to MDE.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #105
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
If your reservation is eligible for testing, you should still be able to personalize MagicBands and have them shipped. You just can't make FastPass+ selections without having valid park admission linked to MDE.
I think you just answered a question I have. We are staying at AKV on DVC points October 14-17. I was just going to wait and purchase our park passes at check-in. Since I currently don't have any park passes, MDE wouldn't give me the option to do FastPass+, correct?

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: