Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #1411
nina3251
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I'd guess you'd be fine especially if the party size is the same.

In my one experience they were checking reservations by last name, not by scanning Magic Bands. Even if they scan a band, I'd imagine they'd only need to scan one for this to get the name of the party.
Thanks!!
nina3251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #1412
jd4nati
Mouseketeer

I absolutely love this board for the inside information. I just made a reservation for June 6. My daughters will be so excited!
jd4nati is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #1413
JamieLM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckalecka View Post
I have a ADR for dinner @ BOG, I was also able to book a fastpass for lunch. I would rather do lunch and cancel dinner but I am more than a little worried about getting turned away, because I did not receive an email invite. Only because I have heard rumors that some people have been turned away. It seems to me like everyone I am hearing from first hand that did this did not have a problem? Can anyone who used a fastpass without getting the email invite recently help to ease my anxiety (lol)
Can I ask when you are canceling and for how many people? I am looking for a dinner rese. Thank you.
JamieLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #1414
Beckalecka
Dreaming of Main Street

At this point I am not canceling the ADR I think I would feel better using the ADR over the fastpass+. Plus my daughter wants to meet the beast and can only do that at dinner but if I change my mind I will post it to the May ADR cancellations page first

April 2008 Offsite First Visit / April 2009 CBR Honeymoon Trip / March 2010 POP / April 2011 Offsite / October 2012 POR / May 2014 CBR
Beckalecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #1415
MACfamily4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4nati View Post
I absolutely love this board for the inside information. I just made a reservation for June 6. My daughters will be so excited!
Is June open? There are "no reservations available" at the end of the month, but I assumed it was because June was not open yet. I see a few people have snagged FP+ for early June, however. Website will only show me the days I'm there. Has anyone gotten a FP+ for late June?

July 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Wonder; July 2007 All-Star Movies; July 2008 Disney Dolphin; June/July 2009 Wilderness Lodge; June 2011 Coronado Springs; July 2012 Beach Club; June/July 2014 Beach Club; November 2015 Beach Club
MACfamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #1416
jd4nati
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACfamily4 View Post
Is June open? There are "no reservations available" at the end of the month, but I assumed it was because June was not open yet. I see a few people have snagged FP+ for early June, however. Website will only show me the days I'm there. Has anyone gotten a FP+ for late June?
It appears that they are releasing a few days at a time. I have checked every day and was only able to book today. My dates are June 5-11. I tried for June 8 and the website said no availability so my guess is that late June is not open.
jd4nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #1417
dramadrew
Mouseketeer

I got an email invite for this fastpass option. My travel agent suggested this before the invite, but I was reluctant to do it, already doing dinner there, since it cut into park time. But then I discovered how my table services meals are schedule during my stay, there's one full day at MK where I can only do a snack and counter service. And since I just read the advice to take a break in the middle of a full day at MK, I thought this would be perfect. Plus I excited the most about having two chances to try the different desserts.
dramadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #1418
humpback
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramadrew View Post
I got an email invite for this fastpass option. My travel agent suggested this before the invite, but I was reluctant to do it, already doing dinner there, since it cut into park time. But then I discovered how my table services meals are schedule during my stay, there's one full day at MK where I can only do a snack and counter service. And since I just read the advice to take a break in the middle of a full day at MK, I thought this would be perfect. Plus I excited the most about having two chances to try the different desserts.
Would you mind posting what was in the e-mail? Was it just a link to the same website others have been using to book?

Also, how far in advance of your trip did you receive the e-mail?

Thanks!
humpback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #1419
BalooLibLady
Earning My Ears

Question

I was able to get a FP for BOG and pre-ordered. But I only ordered a dessert and drinks for the two of us. The adult entrees do not interest us. Is it OK to order from the Kids menus?
BalooLibLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #1420
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpback View Post
Would you mind posting what was in the e-mail? Was it just a link to the same website others have been using to book?

Also, how far in advance of your trip did you receive the e-mail?
Here's the text of the email I received the day I was flying to Orlando . I had already made my BOG FP+ a month prior.

Also, the part about wearing your MagicBand wasn't applicable -- the CM just looked up my name on an iPad.

============================

You are invited to participate in an exclusive test for lunch at one of our newest restaurants, Be Our Guest. As part of this test you have the ability to select an arrival window and pre-order meals for your entire party before arriving at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
To begin, follow the steps below:

1. Log on to https://BeOurGuestLunch.disney.go.com using your Disney.com account.
2. Enter your Resort Reservation Number to begin: 4xxxxxxxxxxx
3. Select an arrival window and pre-order your meal

Don’t forget to wear your MagicBands when you arrive at Be Our Guest Restaurant during your arrival window, and please enter the Disney FastPass+ entrance at the beginning of the bridge. You’ll be able to breeze by the line, confirm your order, pay for your lunch and head direct to your table while your food is prepared and delivered straight to you!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #1421
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalooLibLady View Post
I was able to get a FP for BOG and pre-ordered. But I only ordered a dessert and drinks for the two of us. The adult entrees do not interest us. Is it OK to order from the Kids menus?
Yes, you can order whatever you want and that includes ordering the kids meals.

That said, the braised pork is awesome .

Old 04-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #1422
humpback
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

So it sounds like this is the same exact process everyone is following without getting the e-mail. Unless they get the system running perfectly to where everyone who gets the e-mail shows up as such in their system (ha!), I can't imagine they're going to insist that everyone show them the e-mail when they get there.
humpback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #1423
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpback View Post
Thanks!

So it sounds like this is the same exact process everyone is following without getting the e-mail. Unless they get the system running perfectly to where everyone who gets the e-mail shows up as such in their system (ha!), I can't imagine they're going to insist that everyone show them the e-mail when they get there.
I don't have a smartphone and my tablet was back in the room in the safe, even if I had an invite (I didn't) I wouldn't have been able to show it.

put your smart phone in your pocket and claim you don't have one
Old 04-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #1424
JamieLM
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me what I will see once I log in, when it's time for me to sign-up? Im not sure I understand the options they give you. I am going in Oct so have some time, but was interested to know so I'm well prepared what to choose. Thanks!
JamieLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #1425
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLM View Post
Can someone tell me what I will see once I log in, when it's time for me to sign-up? Im not sure I understand the options they give you. I am going in Oct so have some time, but was interested to know so I'm well prepared what to choose. Thanks!
An interesting thing about this system is that if you have your 16 digit resort reservation number already, you can log in now and see everything (or at least, quite a bit) with the exception of the available time slots for the days of your trip.

You'll be able to see the days of your trip, but all of them will say nothing available.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: