Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #61
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle77 View Post
Has anyone tried to get a rez for December yet? I just tried and it said there are no dates available. Just curious if it's a bit too far out right now, or if they really are booked.
As far as I can tell, no one has been able to book one for December yet.
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #62
Diaz
Earning My Ears

Unsuccessful attempt for BOG lunch reservations

I followed all of the advice, went to beourguestlunch.disney.go.com. Put in my yellow luggage tag #, selected my times. It looked like it was successful, but no reservation number. I then went to MDE web site to check if the reservation would show in my plans, but guess what? I was now unable to log in. The error message kept telling me either my password or username was incorrect. I then had to call IT. I explained to them what I had done. They had no explanation of why my user name would no longer work, but had to do a reset on my MDE account. I was then able to log in using my password, but now NONE of my reservations, ADR's, or FP+ are showing! Just as if I had no plans. Back on the phone to IT. New password set up. Long story short ( too late for that, I know) the cast member said that Be Our Guest lunch reservations is in a testing period, that the only way to get one is to be invited via an email from Disney. She said folks are being turned away that went the route I did because they do not really have reservations. Given all of the glitches I went through today, I think I will just take my chances on waiting for a spot at BOG for lunch. Whew.
Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #63
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaz View Post
Unsuccessful attempt for BOG lunch reservations

I followed all of the advice, went to beourguestlunch.disney.go.com. Put in my yellow luggage tag #, selected my times. It looked like it was successful, but no reservation number. I then went to MDE web site to check if the reservation would show in my plans, but guess what? I was now unable to log in. The error message kept telling me either my password or username was incorrect. I then had to call IT. I explained to them what I had done. They had no explanation of why my user name would no longer work, but had to do a reset on my MDE account. I was then able to log in using my password, but now NONE of my reservations, ADR's, or FP+ are showing! Just as if I had no plans. Back on the phone to IT. New password set up. Long story short ( too late for that, I know) the cast member said that Be Our Guest lunch reservations is in a testing period, that the only way to get one is to be invited via an email from Disney. She said folks are being turned away that went the route I did because they do not really have reservations. Given all of the glitches I went through today, I think I will just take my chances on waiting for a spot at BOG for lunch. Whew.
OH NO! Keep us updated. I hope you still have your ADRS. Some people on different threads are saying they printed out the page that said they have a fast pass BOG and have no problems getting in.
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #64
Diaz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
OH NO! Keep us updated. I hope you still have your ADRS. Some people on different threads are saying they printed out the page that said they have a fast pass BOG and have no problems getting in.
Glad they have had no problems getting in to BOG lunch. I did not print the page as I was using my Ipad, not connected to a printer. Oh well, I can always show up at the time they granted on beourguestlunch. If the CM won't honor the reservation, I can always find somewhere else. I am too afraid of going through all the computer glitches again to revisit that web site!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #65
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

I have been able to access the BOG screen to get the fast pass for lunch but it is only offering Nov 19th to Nov. 24th options. Has anyone else been able to schedule other dates in November?
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #66
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

So I saw on the first page someone was able to use the website to secure a BOG Lunch reservation even though they weren't part of the MB testing .... but I assume you need to be staying onsite?

We are staying offsite but do want to each lunch here - I have the rest of my dining ADRs in MDE, but I guess this is something totally separate right?

I mean, I know FP+ is in testing phase for certain guests at certain resorts, but things seem different with using this separate website, etc. so just wanted to check

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #67
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Don't believe the being turned away if you are not on the invite email part.. Simply not true...

I have seen others make the reservation and have had no issue.. Simply it's in testing and they don't want to really help anyone out on it it seems... So if you get it simply take a screen shot with your phone just in case...
Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #68
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
So I saw on the first page someone was able to use the website to secure a BOG Lunch reservation even though they weren't part of the MB testing .... but I assume you need to be staying onsite?

We are staying offsite but do want to each lunch here - I have the rest of my dining ADRs in MDE, but I guess this is something totally separate right?

I mean, I know FP+ is in testing phase for certain guests at certain resorts, but things seem different with using this separate website, etc. so just wanted to check
It would seem at this time that the BOG FP is for Disney resort guests only; you need your resort reservation number to log in to the site.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #69
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

Has anyone else been able to get any December dates? I tried every day that we will be there (November 30 - December 8) and nothing was available.
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
The Wise One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #70
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
Has anyone else been able to get any December dates? I tried every day that we will be there (November 30 - December 8) and nothing was available.
no dates after November 22/23 are available
Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #71
Diaz
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this has been asked........

If I wait and am successful in obtaining a FP+ for lunch at BOG via MDE, not beourguestlunch, will this be calculated in my 3 FP+ per day? In other words, will this result in 2 rides and one BOG? Or is the BOG an "extra" FP+?
Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #72
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaz View Post
Sorry if this has been asked........ If I wait and am successful in obtaining a FP+ for lunch at BOG via MDE, not beourguestlunch, will this be calculated in my 3 FP+ per day? In other words, will this result in 2 rides and one BOG? Or is the BOG an "extra" FP+?
Totally separate from the MDE , MB and FP+
Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #73
Diaz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
Totally separate from the MDE , MB and FP+
Thanks! Good to know. Now to figure out how to get that elusive BOG FP+!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #74
CatandMouse
Earning My Ears

waiting patiently Dec 1st to open up... fingers-crossed
CatandMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #75
chanda7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsdolphin View Post
I have been able to access the BOG screen to get the fast pass for lunch but it is only offering Nov 19th to Nov. 24th options. Has anyone else been able to schedule other dates in November?
I have a reservation for Nov. 13.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: