Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #196
mch521
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork712
Woohoo! Just got our FP+ for Be Our Guest on our first Magic Kingdom day!! So excited!

Quick question though... Is this linked to our MagicBands, or is it more like a traditional reservation where you walk up and tell them your party name or whatever? The website says "Check in during your confirmed arrival window at Be Our Guest Restaurant welcome podium at the entrance of the bridge." Just wanted to confirm so that we at least look like we know what we are doing when we arrive!
Curious which day did you get? I think its linked to your magic band but I could be wrong. I used the reservation number given to me when I personalized my magic bands thats why I think its linked. I'm happy you were able to get one!!
mch521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #197
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun View Post
Me neither.

I hope this is a good sign, and not a bad one!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
It didn't work for me, either.

Maybe they are busy loading December.
Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #198
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork712 View Post
Woohoo! Just got our FP+ for Be Our Guest on our first Magic Kingdom day!! So excited! Quick question though... Is this linked to our MagicBands, or is it more like a traditional reservation where you walk up and tell them your party name or whatever? The website says "Check in during your confirmed arrival window at Be Our Guest Restaurant welcome podium at the entrance of the bridge." Just wanted to confirm so that we at least look like we know what we are doing when we arrive!
Google search for a blog on the BOG FP Lunch. There is a guy who wrote a blog (disneyfoodblog) with screen caps and everything and walked everyone through the entire process from the screen we are now, until sitting down and eating. he checked in with a CM. The post was super informative!
It helped me make the decision to try it!
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #199
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Google search for a blog on the BOG FP Lunch. There is a guy who wrote a blog (disneyfoodblog) with screen caps and everything and walked everyone through the entire process from the screen we are now, until sitting down and eating. he checked in with a CM. The post was super informative! It helped me make the decision to try it!
Does he work for Disney IT ??? LOL

Seriously

Gotta love the net / google ..
Old 10-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #200
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.
Finally got through with the same results. Doesn't appear to be open for booking in December yet.
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #201
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Google search for a blog on the BOG FP Lunch. There is a guy who wrote a blog (disneyfoodblog) with screen caps and everything and walked everyone through the entire process from the screen we are now, until sitting down and eating. he checked in with a CM. The post was super informative!
It helped me make the decision to try it!
Here's a link to the Disney Food Blog report on testing the BOG lunch FastPass.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #202
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Here's a link to the Disney Food Blog report on testing the BOG lunch FastPass.
Thanks! Didn't know if I was allowed to link the actual site... Didn't want to break forum rules!
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #203
niemand88f
Earning My Ears

I'm so glad I was able to get this fastpass+ for my trip last week, we wouldn't have eaten there otherwise! I was pleasantly surprised by the food for the price.

The check-in process was frustrating for us though. We pre-ordered our food online, and told every single person during the check-in process that we had done so. We were handed off to a new person at least 4-5 times. When we made it to the touch screen the rose they had given us told us to re-order - I guess they were supposed to have scanned our magic bands at some point? They were able to look up our order from the magic bands, but it took a long time to get things sorted out & paid for.
niemand88f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #204
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Still nothing for 3rd week of Dec.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #205
MickeyMom4
Earning My Ears

MickeyMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #206
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mch521 View Post
Curious which day did you get? I think its linked to your magic band but I could be wrong. I used the reservation number given to me when I personalized my magic bands thats why I think its linked. I'm happy you were able to get one!!
Ours is for next Thursday, but it gave me the option to pick through November 2! I played around with different days, and they all had availability.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #207
wolfpackfam
Earning My Ears

I don't think I ever received an actual invitation, but was able to set up the fastpass+ for lunch. My 6 year old is jumping out of her shoes with excitement.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #208
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpackfam View Post
I don't think I ever received an actual invitation, but was able to set up the fastpass+ for lunch. My 6 year old is jumping out of her shoes with excitement.
December date? Or November?
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #209
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Anyone able to book a BOG fast pass in December yet?
CJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #210
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

Just FYI, I was able to change our Thursday (October 31) lunch FP+ to Saturday (November 2) with no problem! We are going to be touring with some friends on Thursday, and they are staying off site, so they aren't eligible for BOG FP+. I clicked around before finalizing, and there was still availability every day next week!

Hopefully this info will be useful to someone, or will at least help to alleviate some concerns. :D

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: