Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #1501
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcuinohio View Post
I had a FP+ for 10:45 on 04/15. I found out less than a week before our lunch that my sons time for his marching band was moved up so I needed to change my reservation time. I was unable to change it. It appeared that it was allowing me to change. I picked a new time and I would confirm everything but when I went back it was still my original reservation. It would not even let me delete it. It also deleted my menu selections. We were at the MK two days before and I asked at the BOG check in area. She said it is still experimental at this point and it was not possible to change my original reservation. We ended up just showing up at about 9:45. We were the third group in line. When they opened up at 10:00 we got a bonus welcome ceremony from the CMs. It was a great meal enjoyed my all three of us.
I'm glad you still got to experience lunch that day! I didn't realize they opened that early..I thought opening was 10:30AM. That's great to know if you show up 15 minutes before, you could be one of the 1st to get in still & see an opening ceremony!

I made my FP+ a few weeks ago & since then was able to change the time. I've checked to see if it kept my change when I view it & it did so it looks like the time I wanted will remain my reservation time.
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #1502
TigerE
Earning My Ears

Re: invitations. We are arriving to a Disney resort on May 18, and just received the invite today (but I was able to book it much earlier via the link).
TigerE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #1503
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerE View Post
Re: invitations. We are arriving to a Disney resort on May 18, and just received the invite today (but I was able to book it much earlier via the link).
We also arrive May 18, but no invite for us yet! Weird. Some don't get any. Some get the day they check in and some get 30 days out!
ElenaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #1504
lolly2ga
Earning My Ears

I just read a blog comment that invitations are issued to those who have paid in full, which sounds like anyone with a room only discount won't get the invitation. Has anyone gotten an invitation with a room only reservation?
lolly2ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #1505
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

I have 3 back to back reservations. Two at VGF and 1 at the FW campgrounds. The FW reservation is a room only reservation (non-discounted) and I have not received an invitation.
Disbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #1506
PolynesianBlueJay
Toronto Blue Jay Fan

We never received an invitation, but I went on to the website, entered in our room reservation number and was able to book a lunch FP. Is this abnormal?

PolynesianBlueJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #1507
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianBlueJay View Post
We never received an invitation, but I went on to the website, entered in our room reservation number and was able to book a lunch FP. Is this abnormal?
Nope, completely normal!

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #1508
PolynesianBlueJay
Toronto Blue Jay Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
Nope, completely normal!
Awesome, thank you! I just wanted to make sure that when we show up for our time that it actually is valid!

PolynesianBlueJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:06 AM   #1509
bcuinohio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
I'm glad you still got to experience lunch that day! I didn't realize they opened that early..I thought opening was 10:30AM. That's great to know if you show up 15 minutes before, you could be one of the 1st to get in still & see an opening ceremony!

I made my FP+ a few weeks ago & since then was able to change the time. I've checked to see if it kept my change when I view it & it did so it looks like the time I wanted will remain my reservation time.
It was the week before Easter, they may have opened early for the large crowds.

I tried numerous times to change. It was within a week of the reservation. I was able to change the meals around a few weeks before the reservation but when I tried close to the date, it would not allow me to do anything.
2008 - GF & POP
2002 - POR
1997- Offsite
1993 - CBR
1987, 1988 & 1989 - Offsite
bcuinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #1510
BrittyRo
Mouseketeer

I have a reservation at all star movies for September but the only BOG lunch FP dates I can view are this upcoming week. Does anyone know why this is? Why isn't it showing my trip dates?

BrittyRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #1511
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittyRo View Post
I have a reservation at all star movies for September but the only BOG lunch FP dates I can view are this upcoming week. Does anyone know why this is? Why isn't it showing my trip dates?
Probably because your dates have not been released yet. I think it is only booking until June currently.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #1512
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittyRo View Post
You're too far out from your trip to see those dates.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #1513
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly2ga View Post
I just read a blog comment that invitations are issued to those who have paid in full, which sounds like anyone with a room only discount won't get the invitation. Has anyone gotten an invitation with a room only reservation?
I think you are on to something! That would explain why some people don't get an invite until the day they check in. I have a RO reservation, but I already paid in full. I did NOT get the invite though. I would be interested to see if anyone with a RO reservation got the invite 30 days out.
ElenaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #1514
ForeverAlice
Mouseketeer

I recieved the invitation April 16 but there is no availability for the week..... Anyone else have this problem?
ForeverAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #1515
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlice View Post
I recieved the invitation April 16 but there is no availability for the week..... Anyone else have this problem?
I would guess at this point that all the slots are taken.

During my visit during February (week of Presidents Day), I tried to make a second FP+ once my first one was used. There were none to be had at that point.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: