Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

PhotoPass Magic Shots

Does anyone have a list of what magic shots are available? We are going to try to get all of them during our September trip!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
SMD
DIS Veteran

The best thing to do is ask the photographers, they love to talk about them.

Goofy hang glider at DCA, ask by the Grizzly Peak waterfall or on the bridge near Ariel's.

Stitch at DCA, ask on Hollywood Backlot or BVS. Maybe other places.

Mickey and/or Minnie on a bench. I've gotten it in NOS and at the castle, try other places.

Baby Simba near greenery, try Adventureland.

Hitchhiking Ghosts near HM, needs a lot of open space.

Darth Vader, requires a light saber, got this one at the hub on Main St, Tomorrowland was really busy, I think it should be there.

Captain Hook, requires a sword, near water. Most people report getting this near ROA. I had a photographer offer to take the raft to Tom Sawyer's Island and take it by the pirate flag. He also did Mickey & Minnie on benches there. I filled out positive feedback at City Hall, totally awesome!

Tinkerbell can be anywhere on Main St, hub or Mickey face under the train station, I've had the best luck at the castle and train station. I was told no at Partners statue, but then I got one there on another day, so who knows.

Balloons are the same as Tinkerbell.

I asked about balloons or Tinkerbell from a photographer at the sword in the stone and was told Main St only, and no Simba in Fantasyland. Your mileage may vary.

I'm sure I forgot some, but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

Edited to add: I've also gotten Zero during Halloween when the pumpkin is up on Main St.

Edited again to add: I also got kissing a frog in Adventureland.

Last edited by SMD; 08-16-2013 at 11:24 PM.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
Escape2Disney

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Did Kiwigirls post a list of the locations or types of magic shots in her Photopass Superthread? If not, I'm sure she will.

Otherwise, go to the sticky Photopass/The Cheesier the Better photo thread (by Judy in Boise) in the DL Community section and start at the last page, working your way backwards so you see the more recent ones first. That thread is filled with photos of every possible magic shot known to mankind, many of them posted and provided by Dizneydaz!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
chipndale16
Earning My Ears

That sounds awesome! I just ordered our PhotoPass + for our trip next month. I'm gonna have to remember those. Thanks!
chipndale16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Did Kiwigirls post a list of the locations or types of magic shots in her Photopass Superthread? If not, I'm sure she will.

Otherwise, go to the sticky Photopass/The Cheesier the Better photo thread (by Judy in Boise) in the DL Community section and start at the last page, working your way backwards so you see the more recent ones first. That thread is filled with photos of every possible magic shot known to mankind, many of them posted and provided by Dizneydaz!
Thanks, Sherry! I'll check that thread. I did look at the PhotoPass Superthread first, but didn't find a list.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
got2sammies
DIS Veteran

When you say hook needs a sword or Darth vader needs a light saber dies that mean we have to buy one or they digitally add those?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2sammies View Post
When you say hook needs a sword or Darth vader needs a light saber dies that mean we have to buy one or they digitally add those?
They are real swords and lightsabers but if you are near a shop the pp photogs will often "borrow" props for you
Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #9
dptabrown
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
The best thing to do is ask the photographers, they love to talk about them.

Goofy hang glider at DCA, ask by the Grizzly Peak waterfall or on the bridge near Ariel's.

Stitch at DCA, ask on Hollywood Backlot or BVS. Maybe other places.

Mickey and/or Minnie on a bench. I've gotten it in NOS and at the castle, try other places.

Baby Simba near greenery, try Adventureland.

Hitchhiking Ghosts near HM, needs a lot of open space.

Darth Vader, requires a light saber, got this one at the hub on Main St, Tomorrowland was really busy, I think it should be there.

Captain Hook, requires a sword, near water. Most people report getting this near ROA. I had a photographer offer to take the raft to Tom Sawyer's Island and take it by the pirate flag. He also did Mickey & Minnie on benches there. I filled out positive feedback at City Hall, totally awesome!

Tinkerbell can be anywhere on Main St, hub or Mickey face under the train station, I've had the best luck at the castle and train station. I was told no at Partners statue, but then I got one there on another day, so who knows.

Balloons are the same as Tinkerbell.

I asked about balloons or Tinkerbell from a photographer at the sword in the stone and was told Main St only, and no Simba in Fantasyland. Your mileage may vary.

I'm sure I forgot some, but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

Edited to add: I've also gotten Zero during Halloween when the pumpkin is up on Main St.

Edited again to add: I also got kissing a frog in Adventureland.
AWESOME list!!! THANK YOU!!!

Disneyland mid September w/ DD(6), DS(4), & my dad who hasn't been since 1988!
dptabrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: