Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Cancel or change reservation

I have been trying to find the policy on how to cancel or change hotel package reservations but it is all very cryptic.

Anyone have a link or info on Disney's policy....

I found this one but it is from last year.: http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articl...d-reservations

Thanks!

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
lady_bug_888
Mouseketeer

I don't have a link but I have some experience. Our last trip was 2 years ago and it was a lifelong dream of mine coming true. It was my first time in WDW (I've been to DL a couple of times). We had some financial set backs and almost had to cancel our trip so I called and asked some questions.

1) I asked about postponing the trip. They said I could postpone indefinitely and not lose my money as long as I had a date set (but I would be able to postpone again if I wanted).

2) I asked about cancelling my trip. Since I was far enough away (I think I was between 45-60 days away), I could cancel but I would forfeit $200.

3) I asked about changing my room to a cheaper resort. This was no problem, easily done and I saved a TON of money.

I went with option 3 and I had a TERRIFIC time, even if I did have to stay at a resort I wouldn't have normally chosen. The resort was FANTASTIC (AMu) and I can hardly wait to return...although maybe I'll try a new hotel next time just for fun!
lady_bug_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

If you scroll down this page a bit on mousesavers it has a brief description of the "Main Rules for DW Vacation Packages." It includes the new rule that will affect 2014 packages - canceling one day before or on arrival day results in forfeit of entire package price.
http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn...scounts-codes/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: