Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #16
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinsmom1226 View Post

Thanks! I was able to customize the bands after I redid the check in.
Have a great trip!

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #17
Gavinsmom1226
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
I've stayed at the Disney Inn, Grand Floridian, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Polynesian, and many more! Next trip Kidani Village October 12th for trip #18!!!
Gavinsmom1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Several people have posted they were able to get FP+ for Oct for CBR. We will be staying at CBR in Nov. do you have to have fully paid for trip in order to get fast pass+ access and MB also do you have to do online check-in before you get MB or reserve fast passes?
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

just received my testing invite yesterday staying at BWV oct 10. For my touring style, this is great. We don't get up early, so the afternoon fpp are perfect.

Tired of missing out on fp because of relaxing on vacation.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Has anybody been able to select fast pass+ for November dates yet?
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #21
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
just received my testing invite yesterday staying at BWV oct 10. For my touring style, this is great. We don't get up early, so the afternoon fpp are perfect.

Tired of missing out on fp because of relaxing on vacation.
i hear you dave...

but am i alone in having NO DESIRE to preschedule rides months in advance?

I just don't....none.
Got a trip coming up in November...first one outside of a DVC in 6 years...and i'm not sure what the deal is with the bands...they may show up and i suppose i'll fall in line.
But i just don't want to have appointments on vacation...the food is bad enough...i can tell you i'll be mr. grumpus about rides.

its all so bizarre/silly. and i know if i participate I'm eventually contributing to a reduction in staff/wages in an area that can ill afford it. that really pees me off.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #22
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
i hear you dave...

but am i alone in having NO DESIRE to preschedule rides months in advance?

I just don't....none.
Got a trip coming up in November...first one outside of a DVC in 6 years...and i'm not sure what the deal is with the bands...they may show up and i suppose i'll fall in line.
But i just don't want to have appointments on vacation...the food is bad enough...i can tell you i'll be mr. grumpus about rides.

its all so bizarre/silly. and i know if i participate I'm eventually contributing to a reduction in staff/wages in an area that can ill afford it. that really pees me off.

Originally I thought similarly. After giving it some thought, I realized that we do very similar things every time we visit. Since we go three to four times a year for 3 to 5 nights at a time, it becomes quite easy to find a pattern.

The biggest determining factor is where we stay. I think I hate buses more than you do.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #23
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Originally I thought similarly. After giving it some thought, I realized that we do very similar things every time we visit. Since we go three to four times a year for 3 to 5 nights at a time, it becomes quite easy to find a pattern.

The biggest determining factor is where we stay. I think I hate buses more than you do.
We're in the same boat.. But to be honest...why the hell am I spending so much to be "locked in" to my pattern?

So they can pinch overhead and herd me...that's why.
In a surprising development...I'm a tad "prickly" Bout that

But I've basically eliminated the buses as well. We rotate between akv, bay lake, beach and boardwalk mostly... And rent now anyway.

Just no patience for the buses anymore... It's worth $150 a week to keep off them. Especially since we travel in the lesser crowds... Where the buses tend to be just as slow if not slower

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
beer dave

Quote:
We're in the same boat.. But to be honest...why the hell am I spending so much to be "locked in" to my pattern?

So they can pinch overhead and herd me...that's why.
In a surprising development...I'm a tad "prickly" Bout that

But I've basically eliminated the buses as well. We rotate between akv, bay lake, beach and boardwalk mostly... And rent now anyway.

Just no patience for the buses anymore... It's worth $150 a week to keep off them. Especially since we travel in the lesser crowds... Where the buses tend to be just as slow if not slower
Yup-- I think I took my last bus ride over labor day. For something to do, we got on a bus from MK to SSR to walk to downtown. bus went to waterpark, waited about 15 min, went to ssr, we got off at congress to find that the walking trail is closed. Walked to boat launch and waited for boat. It took about an hour and a half to get to down town from MK. Not to mention the bus was empty except for one other family the whole way to ssr-- with an over tired child who screamed the whole way. then at first ssr stop they got off-- to be replaced by a father and 2 teenage daughters who had gotten separated from the wife/mother, and the one daughter was screaming at the father and calling him names for the mistake. it was lovely.

There is nothing for me at DTD that is worth the bus.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #25
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup-- I think I took my last bus ride over labor day. For something to do, we got on a bus from MK to SSR to walk to downtown. bus went to waterpark, waited about 15 min, went to ssr, we got off at congress to find that the walking trail is closed. Walked to boat launch and waited for boat. It took about an hour and a half to get to down town from MK. Not to mention the bus was empty except for one other family the whole way to ssr-- with an over tired child who screamed the whole way. then at first ssr stop they got off-- to be replaced by a father and 2 teenage daughters who had gotten separated from the wife/mother, and the one daughter was screaming at the father and calling him names for the mistake. it was lovely.

There is nothing for me at DTD that is worth the bus.
Really sorry, Dave...

you have experienced...what i can only assume...is MY out of body experience

Old 09-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

ok...jeez...now i've decided to let "FP+" start to eat away at my brain...

Two questions:
1. I assume its not restricted to only the bands...as in my six month old smart chip card for my DVC annual pass will allow me to book and access the FP should i get in the system by our trip? I don't want the band yet...ive got one just turned 4 and one about to turn 6...so juggling plastic cards are better than juggling featherweight rubber bands at this point.
2. How would i hypothetically know if i can use this thing? is it an email heads up or ...back to the first question...something that is only known if you get the bands in the mail?

Just curious...even though i'm at my waterloo moment with aggrivation here...no turning back.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #27
kmac2384
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecase1 View Post
How can you tell if you are FP+? We are going Oct 23 and I wanted to bounce plans around in my head for fast passes. Thanks!
We are going October 16th. We have magic bands and fast pass +. If you are going anywhere in the front 1/2 of October then it should say personalize magic bands on MDE. If not I would think this means you are not testing. We are staying at Caribbean.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #28
kmac2384
Earning My Ears

Quote:
ok...jeez...now i've decided to let "FP+" start to eat away at my brain...

Two questions:
1. I assume its not restricted to only the bands...as in my six month old smart chip card for my DVC annual pass will allow me to book and access the FP should i get in the system by our trip? I don't want the band yet...ive got one just turned 4 and one about to turn 6...so juggling plastic cards are better than juggling featherweight rubber bands at this point.
2. How would i hypothetically know if i can use this thing? is it an email heads up or ...back to the first question...something that is only known if you get the bands in the mail?

Just curious...even though i'm at my waterloo moment with aggrivation here...no turning back.
We did not receive ANY kind of heads up. In fact, if I had not signed in the other day I would not have been able to personalize them because they wanted them personalized by tomorrow which is exactly 30 days. I know others were claiming they were notified but I was not. It just appeared on my personal MDE site.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #29
chelliebelle4
Earning My Ears

Us too. I just happened to get on the MDE app and click the Magicbands, it said I had 4 days to personalize.
chelliebelle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #30
Spacecase1
Mouseketeer

I was able to do magic bands for our oct 23 star at ASMovies
Spacecase1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: