Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #121
tarak
DIS Veteran

That same child just got a pin code in the mail from Disney. Not once have I gotten a pin code from the Mouse. But my five-year-old got one.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #122
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I have the MBs, gotten my FP+s & FP+ for Wishes & Illumination. Our trip starts September 9.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #123
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I have the MBs, gotten my FP+s & FP+ for Wishes & Illumination. Our trip starts September 9.
How exciting! I'm really hoping to be able to schedule a FP+ for illuminations.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #124
Rendar
Earning My Ears

We checked into AKL two days ago, so far the magic bands and FP+ are working great.
Rendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #125
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Has anyone gotten Magic Bands for AKL?

YES!! We ordered our MB on Aug. 20th in the evening and they arrived at our front door at 10:10 am on Aug. 22nd via Fed Ex. Talk about FAST!! We did reserve some FP+ times but need to finish that. So far no problem getting FP's when/where we want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
We checked into AKL two days ago, so far the magic bands and FP+ are working great.
Glad to hear they are working great!

We are at AKL PV Sept. 15th - Sept. 22nd.
snowmanlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #126
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

When did you get the bands? After you did online check in? At 30 days? I have an AP and I wonder if I have to have a package or will I get them with room only
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #127
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I have a CL RO ressie for our Oct trip. I didn't realize it, but when a friend mentioned it I checked. We are eligible for magic bands. I couldn't get a straight answer about adding out APs though.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #128
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When did you get the bands? After you did online check in? At 30 days? I have an AP and I wonder if I have to have a package or will I get them with room only
I haven't checked in as yet, didn't need to to get the bands. I was following the BOG lunch thread which got me to start checking MDE. Voila stuff started appearing, ordered bands, made FP+s & Wishes & Illumination FPs. About a week later I received the invitation after bands were already in my hands!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #129
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic the bugs with the magic bands will be worked out before we go in January. I'm hoping I can link my park passes (purchased a few months ago from undercover tourist) to the MDE site and have them on the magic bands. I'll trade in my tyvek tickets for the RFID ones when we get there if we have to, but it seems like the point of the magic bands is skipping that step, right?
I have an AP that I traded in for one of the RFID versions in April. It is tied to my reservations on MDE but I cannot "turn it into" a Magic Band.

My DH has a hopper from Undercover Tourist that we have successfully linked to our reservations and, according to the MDE site he is supposed to be able to customize his Magic Band. We haven't done it yet since MDE is really messed up for both of us.

Bottom line is that you ought to be able to link those UCT tix on your MDE without any trouble.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #130
KTCK1310FanGrl
Earning My Ears

AKL question for experts

Hi, love reading the all of the information about AKL from you experts.
Silly question - we are going in December, kids are so excited. They love animals. But, I am a little worried the resort will smell like a big zoo. We love Disney and have stayed at many resorts but this is our 1st stay at AKL. Please tell me I am being silly.

Also - a little worried about the bus transportation. We are going in early December so hoping for light crowds and hoping to not have any long bus waits.

Seems like a lot of people love AKL and spend a lot of time there and not as much in the parks - we are park people - open to close. So, should we switch resorts?

Thanks
KTCK1310FanGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #131
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
That same child just got a pin code in the mail from Disney. Not once have I gotten a pin code from the Mouse. But my five-year-old got one.
That's too funny. I've never gotten one either

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #132
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTCK1310FanGrl View Post
Silly question - we are going in December, kids are so excited. They love animals. But, I am a little worried the resort will smell like a big zoo. We love Disney and have stayed at many resorts but this is our 1st stay at AKL. Please tell me I am being silly.

Also - a little worried about the bus transportation. We are going in early December so hoping for light crowds and hoping to not have any long bus waits.

Seems like a lot of people love AKL and spend a lot of time there and not as much in the parks - we are park people - open to close. So, should we switch resorts?

Thanks
No animal smells, no worries. They keep it meticulous.

The only problem with being open to close people is that you'll miss out on a lot of the animals . Are you planning any stay at the resort days?

I've never had a problem with wait times for the buses. I'm not crazy about the transport time to MK or DTD, about 20-25 minutes, but never a long time waiting for one.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #133
KTCK1310FanGrl
Earning My Ears

Pam,
Thanks for the response and for squashing my worries.
No resort days planned - but I may have to work one into our plan since I know the kids would love the AKL activities - maybe we will let them decide.

Good news on the bus transportation.

Appreciate the advice.
Thanks
Amy
KTCK1310FanGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #134
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTCK1310FanGrl View Post

Thanks
Oh gosh, no. It doesn't stink at all. In fact, the Lodge itself has this amazing sort of smokey (like a subtle, clean woodsmoke, not cigarette, lol) smell that I wish I could bottle.

We have never had any issues with the buses. The wait times are short, they are not overly crowded, and while the bus to MK is longer than some, it's really not that bad. We stayed a the Poly in 2011, and I swear we waited longer for the monorails sometimes than we did for AKL bus rides.

AKL is amazing.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #135
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I also have an AP and booked room only....haven't done online check in yet. We are going at the end of Oct and in MDE I was able to personalize our MBs...but am unable to link my AP. It says we can customize up until 30 days before our arrival so I imagine they will ship soon after that cut-off date.
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: