Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #106
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran
 
Irishlisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Question...were those pictures of the pool at Jambo or Kidani? Thanks!
We love the Kidani kids play area at the pool.
__________________
4 Kids, 3 Adults, 2 Grand Villas, and 1 Split Stay!!!!

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #107
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I think they are Kidani



Shenandoah Minnie
- we had 5577..it was almost the end of Zebra Trail and a LONG haul from the lobby..but not terrible from Mara's elevator. We saw many animals but I would request "close to Lobby" on your Online CheckIn..just to maximize your animal encounters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
Kidani
Thank you!!!

I don't want to get all controversial, but am I correct that whether you stay at Kidani or Jambo, you can enjoy both pools?

If I'm wrong, let me know!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #108
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thank you!!!

I don't want to get all controversial, but am I correct that whether you stay at Kidani or Jambo, you can enjoy both pools?

If I'm wrong, let me know!
You're correct, as long as they're not at capacity, but I've never seen them turn anybody away.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #109
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
You're correct, as long as they're not at capacity, but I've never seen them turn anybody away.
Nice! Thanks!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #110
Mommymarie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 204

So excited.....my mom, daughter (8) and I are coming to AKL for a girls weekend in Dec We decided to upgrade when we got a FD Pin...we have always wanted to stay at AKL! We decided on an Arusha view. What time is the campfire activity at the Lodge in Dec?? Also, can you get night vision goggles anytime? THANKS!
Mommymarie is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #111
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommymarie View Post
So excited.....my mom, daughter (8) and I are coming to AKL for a girls weekend in Dec We decided to upgrade when we got a FD Pin...we have always wanted to stay at AKL! We decided on an Arusha view. What time is the campfire activity at the Lodge in Dec?? Also, can you get night vision goggles anytime? THANKS!
Congrats! You're going to love it you'll get an activity sheet on check in with all the times. I'm not sure when they do the campfire. The night vision goggles are only during a specific time frame and a couple spots around the resorts. We just happened upon them in the back of the pool area. CMs monitor the goggle use. Very cool activity.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #112
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Diva Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 172

So excited!! I'm surprising the family by resort hoping to stay at AKL for part of our stay. Never been there before. They are going to flip when they see the animals!!!

Can any of you recommend must do's at this resort (I have two boys 5 and 2) ? Thanks!!
Disney Diva Mom is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #113
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein
 
ParrotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Upstate NY near Rochester
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post

We love the Kidani kids play area at the pool.
Forgot to mention the kids are was closed last week. Forgot to ask why because I was distracted by the bee problem.
__________________

___________________________________________
Questions by PM are welcome!
Recent Visits: Kidani/BCV Aug2013; POFQ Dec2013 with daughter in Candlelight Processional, Apr2014
Next: BWV Aug2014
BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #114
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,044

Has anyone gotten Magic Bands for AKL?
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #115
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Diva Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Has anyone gotten Magic Bands for AKL?
Yes. I have them for check in on 9/25.
Disney Diva Mom is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #116
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Our MagicBands came this morning, for check in on 9/24.
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #117
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Diva Mom View Post
Yes. I have them for check in on 9/25.
Awesome! I hope I get them for November 1
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #118
tarak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: central PA
Posts: 1,272

I'm cautiously optimistic the bugs with the magic bands will be worked out before we go in January. I'm hoping I can link my park passes (purchased a few months ago from undercover tourist) to the MDE site and have them on the magic bands. I'll trade in my tyvek tickets for the RFID ones when we get there if we have to, but it seems like the point of the magic bands is skipping that step, right?

Here are some photos I have of the kids play area at Kidani. Two are more recent (as in two years ago). The other set are from when it first opened in 2009. But I don't think anything has changed from these photos to when we were there in January this year (other than my kids aging - the boy aiming the water cannon at some anonymous person started kindergarten yesterday). I tried resizing them, so please let me know if some show up waaay too big.











tarak is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #119
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post

Awesome! I hope I get them for November 1
Me too for October! :-)
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #120
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic the bugs with the magic bands will be worked out before we go in January. I'm hoping I can link my park passes (purchased a few months ago from undercover tourist) to the MDE site and have them on the magic bands. I'll trade in my tyvek tickets for the RFID ones when we get there if we have to, but it seems like the point of the magic bands is skipping that step, right?

Here are some photos I have of the kids play area at Kidani. Two are more recent (as in two years ago). The other set are from when it first opened in 2009. But I don't think anything has changed from these photos to when we were there in January this year (other than my kids aging - the boy aiming the water cannon at some anonymous person started kindergarten yesterday). I tried resizing them, so please let me know if some show up waaay too big.










Great pics!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: