Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #76
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Glad to see you are reading along, Kathy!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #77
eeyore86
Earning My Ears

hi im thinking about renting some dvc points and staying at akl for my upcoming disneymoon. i was just wondering if anybody could help answer a few questions i have, do the studios or villas have hanging space aswell as draws for your clothes. does the counter service restaurant have normal food like pancakes, grilled cheese and bounty platters for breakfast and cheese burgers, chicken nuggets, penne alfredo for lunch and dinner. i keep seeing people commenting on long walks from lobby to rooms ect just how long are the walks. if any body can help me i would be so gratefull. i have been to wdw 12 times but have only ever stayed at all stars but never been to visit any other hotel there.
eeyore86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #78
leannak
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can post about their favorite resort activities. I know there are crafts, etc. I'd like to know which you recommend. We'll be staying at both Kidani and Jambo in the near future.

Also - more resort photos please!!
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #79
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can post about their favorite resort activities. I know there are crafts, etc. I'd like to know which you recommend. We'll be staying at both Kidani and Jambo in the near future.

Also - more resort photos please!!
Here's a few of the view from our villa at Kidani last September. We loved the pool area there and spent a lot of time enjoying it. Our kids loved the arts and crafts room. We also really enjoyed night viewing of the animals with night vision goggles and the campfire.

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #80
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

This was entertaining to us from our balcony. I have a series of photos of this bird attacking the security camera. We sat and watched for over 30 minutes.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #81
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Old 08-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #82
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Well, I've done it. I've switched our August 2014 reservation to AKL CL! And we added a night. So we will be there 8/16/14 - 8/25/14!

My kids don't know about the trip but when they find out its at AKL, they are gonna flip! It's been tops on their list for a long time!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #83
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well, I've done it. I've switched our August 2014 reservation to AKL CL! And we added a night. So we will be there 8/16/14 - 8/25/14!

My kids don't know about the trip but when they find out its at AKL, they are gonna flip! It's been tops on their list for a long time!
Congrats! Your family will LOVE it!! That's where we're headed tomorrow!

It felt really strange not going on vacation in June or July this year, but I wanted to wait till our youngest was back at college so just the DH and I could go!!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #84
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

It felt really strange not going on vacation in June or July this year, but I wanted to wait till our youngest was back at college so just the DH and I could go!!!
Thanks!!! I think we will. We spent some time visiting there in April (we we staying at YC) and really LOVED the atmosphere there. It felt like our all time fave, the WL!

However, it is a family rule that we must try a new resort every visit, so we can't go back to WL just yet, but I think AKL will probably rank right up there.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #85
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

You'll be checking in a couple of days after we check out.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #86
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
You'll be checking in a couple of days after we check out.
You guys are going back next year???

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #87
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:

Congrats, I'm sure you and the kids will have a great time at the AKL. I have never stayed at the AKL myself but I allowed my DD(16) to decide on which resort for June 2014 and AKL CL is the way she wanted to go. She was excited to no end when I told her I booked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

Nothing wrong with wanting to go alone. This Nov/Dec we are heading to WDW and staying at the WL CL. My DD(16) will be down there with her high school marching band and staying with them. While we get to see her march in the parade down mainstreet it will still seem odd because we have not done a vacation without a child for 16 years.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #88
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore86 View Post
hi im thinking about renting some dvc points and staying at akl for my upcoming disneymoon. i was just wondering if anybody could help answer a few questions i have, do the studios or villas have hanging space aswell as draws for your clothes. does the counter service restaurant have normal food like pancakes, grilled cheese and bounty platters for breakfast and cheese burgers, chicken nuggets, penne alfredo for lunch and dinner. i keep seeing people commenting on long walks from lobby to rooms ect just how long are the walks. if any body can help me i would be so gratefull. i have been to wdw 12 times but have only ever stayed at all stars but never been to visit any other hotel there.
Sometimes there's a dedicated closet, other times there's an armoire, regardless there will be a place to hang in addition to drawers. At the Mara, the only QS, there are American choices as well as some exotic ones. Allears has menus. The walk to the room can be quite long if you get a room at the end of a trail, but you can always request close to the lobby. I've been close and all the way out, it's not too bad a walk, and you can see the animals along the walk, there are windows regularly spaced throughout. AKL is an amazing resort, don't hesitate to book, you'll have an awesome honeymoon

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #89
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

You guys are going back next year???
**, no the DH and I were playing Star Wars at the same time I read that. I thought y'all were going back this September.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #90
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Congrats, I'm sure you and the kids will have a great time at the AKL. I have never stayed at the AKL myself but I allowed my DD(16) to decide on which resort for June 2014 and AKL CL is the way she wanted to go. She was excited to no end when I told her I booked it.

Nothing wrong with wanting to go alone. This Nov/Dec we are heading to WDW and staying at the WL CL. My DD(16) will be down there with her high school marching band and staying with them. While we get to see her march in the parade down mainstreet it will still seem odd because we have not done a vacation without a child for 16 years.
Haha! It was actually your post that I responded to about why you should love AKL where I talked myself into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
**, no the DH and I were playing Star Wars at the same time I read that. I thought y'all were going back this September.
I am going back in September, but staying at POFQ.

PAST TRIPS:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: