Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #586
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post

Private.

I will have to mesage her as well, and try and find out.
I definitely would if you look at the point calculator on davids site it only says club. It doesn't break it our stand view or savanna view.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #587
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
I definitely would if you look at the point calculator on davids site it only says club. It doesn't break it our stand view or savanna view.
I will check that out, thanks! I've never look on David's site before, I didn't know about it.
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #588
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Private.

I will have to mesage her as well, and try and find out.
As I, and others, have said - there is no DVC Club Level villa that is bookable as Savanna View. It's possible that the owner is going to request that view, however there are so few villas on floor 6, that there is no way to know if any of the Savanna view villas would even become available on check-in day.

There is a little difference in cost, points-wise, between "Savanna view" and "Club Level". If you want a guaranteed Savanna view, it would be best to book that category. It will on the 5th floor and you will not have access to the Club Lounge.

Club Level is great, but so is a villa with a great view of the savanna. You have to decide what's more important to you.

Also, since you are doing a private rental, I assume you have done your homework and are not just blindly trusting the owner. I don't mean to be cynical, but when you stated "Club Level Savanna View" my little red flag went up!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #589
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

where has kim been?

DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #590
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
where has kim been?
Jersey Week?

Last edited by John's Mom; 11-12-2013 at 07:23 AM.
John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #591
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

Just got back from our first fabulous stay at AKL!!! All I can say is WOW!

For one, the boys didn't know we were staying here, so when DH just kept driving and passed CSR, and then drove on to AKL, they were like "what's going on?" I tried to say we were just checking on our dinner reservation at Boma, but the smile escaping DH's mouth was giving it away. He pulled up and I got out to go check in. He ended up parking and they joined me a few minutes later at the desk just as I was being given our room assignment- 3269- a Sunset Savanna view! I only booked standard view so we were really excited! It was an easy walk down the kudu trail and we were off the main hall on the first side wing on the left side. We had a view of a watering hole and land and trees, and got to see LOTS of animals while we were there. Mousekeeping was super, the location was perfect, loved watching the animals from the balcony, enjoying the grounds, food and even the gift shop were an added touch, and now we're really spoiled! This resort just feels like home.

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007

Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013
Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #592
MrsK41
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2977 View Post
Just got back from our first fabulous stay at AKL!!! All I can say is WOW! For one, the boys didn't know we were staying here, so when DH just kept driving and passed CSR, and then drove on to AKL, they were like "what's going on?" I tried to say we were just checking on our dinner reservation at Boma, but the smile escaping DH's mouth was giving it away. He pulled up and I got out to go check in. He ended up parking and they joined me a few minutes later at the desk just as I was being given our room assignment- 3269- a Sunset Savanna view! I only booked standard view so we were really excited! It was an easy walk down the kudu trail and we were off the main hall on the first side wing on the left side. We had a view of a watering hole and land and trees, and got to see LOTS of animals while we were there. Mousekeeping was super, the location was perfect, loved watching the animals from the balcony, enjoying the grounds, food and even the gift shop were an added touch, and now we're really spoiled! This resort just feels like home.
So glad to hear you loved the resort! Can't wait to go there in a few months!

January 29 - February 6, 2014 - AKL CL!
March 2009 Port Orleans - French Quarter
February 2011 Port Orleans - French Quarter
MrsK41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #593
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
As I, and others, have said - there is no DVC Club Level villa that is bookable as Savanna View. It's possible that the owner is going to request that view, however there are so few villas on floor 6, that there is no way to know if any of the Savanna view villas would even become available on check-in day.

There is a little difference in cost, points-wise, between "Savanna view" and "Club Level". If you want a guaranteed Savanna view, it would be best to book that category. It will on the 5th floor and you will not have access to the Club Lounge.

Club Level is great, but so is a villa with a great view of the savanna. You have to decide what's more important to you.

Also, since you are doing a private rental, I assume you have done your homework and are not just blindly trusting the owner. I don't mean to be cynical, but when you stated "Club Level Savanna View" my little red flag went up!
I just spoke to the lady that is renting me the points, and she did clarify for me about the views. I misunderstood and thought all CL Studio's had a Savannah View.
Thank-you for all your info! I really appreciate all the help
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #594
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I just spoke to the lady that is renting me the points, and she did clarify for me about the views. I misunderstood and thought all CL Studio's had a Savannah View.
Thank-you for all your info! I really appreciate all the help
Glad you got things straightened out. You will have a wonderful vacation!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #595
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Glad you got things straightened out. You will have a wonderful vacation!
Thank-you!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #596
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Anyone there at AKL Jambo now?? Wondering if resort decorations have started going up yet? We leave for WDW (Jambo) Saturday. I'll post if they go up during our stay (11/16/- 11/23)
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #597
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
Anyone there at AKL Jambo now?? Wondering if resort decorations have started going up yet? We leave for WDW (Jambo) Saturday. I'll post if they go up during our stay (11/16/- 11/23)
ooooh I SO want to be there !!!! 171 days and still a full semester to go
Old 11-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #598
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
I think they usually go up the weekend of the 15th... So you may wake up Sunday morning to a totally different lobby!!

DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #599
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think they usually go up the weekend of the 15th... So you may wake up Sunday morning to a totally different lobby!!
Thanks! My nieces will love that. In fact, I much prefer waking up one morning to magic instead of it all being done when we first arrive. It's the first visit for my 6 and 8 year old nieces and I'd love to give them as much Disney magic as possible!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #600
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
omg that must be so nice!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: