Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #511
eagles1281
Die Hard Philly Phan

I check in on Dec 1st at Kidani 2BR, already on list but I have 3 question's that hopefully some of you can answer.

1. I know there's 1 pack n' play already in a 2BR, can I request another?

2. The coffee maker filters, is it just the old fashion filters? Are they supplied?

3. Washer/Dryer, how much detergent is supplied? Will the Pods work?

Thank you
ASSp: Jun 2000
Poly: Sept 2003
Off-Site: Oct. 2005
ASMo:April 2007
Pop: Feb. 2008
Pop: Dec 2010
Contemporary: Oct 2012
AKV: Dec 2013
DCL 3 Night & BLT 3 Night: Oct 2015
eagles1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #512
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

If you booked through DVC you will only get filters on the first day and then cleaning dat. If you booked with cash you'll get them every day. Yes, plain old fashioned filters. Unless they changed the coffee makers very recently.

When I was in a 1BR in June it was just one single use box of detergent. Yes the pods will work, that's exactly what I brought too.

I have no idea about a pack n play but since you can request them for other rooms I'm sure you can request a second one with no problem.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #513
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
If you booked through DVC you will only get filters on the first day and then cleaning dat. If you booked with cash you'll get them every day. Yes, plain old fashioned filters. Unless they changed the coffee makers very recently. When I was in a 1BR in June it was just one single use box of detergent. Yes the pods will work, that's exactly what I brought too. I have no idea about a pack n play but since you can request them for other rooms I'm sure you can request a second one with no problem.
I noticed they do sell the filters in the shop if you run out. But we asked for more and they gave us loads!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #514
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicleVT View Post
I bet that would work -- one in the door cubby (open and upright) and one (unopened) on it's side in the main part. Have a great trip!
Thank you!!!! Looking to get away from this cold weather!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #515
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerlvr27 View Post
I want whatever room you were in!!!
That picture wasn't from the room, that was from the observation area. We were over there for the marshmallow roast and the three giraffes walked over super close to everyone. It was awesome. In general though we had great animal viewing from the fourth floor room we did have, but nowhere nearly that close!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #516
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Jungle Juice

If you are a fan of Jungle Juice, you can find Jungle Juice Slushie (a blend of of Guava, Passion Fruit, and Orange Juice) at the Animal Kingdom, Harambe Popcorn stand, near the entrance of Africa.

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #517
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
If you are a fan of Jungle Juice, you can find Jungle Juice Slushie (a blend of of Guava, Passion Fruit, and Orange Juice) at the Animal Kingdom, Harambe Popcorn stand, near the entrance of Africa.
Omg that is fantastic!!! I'm not a juice/soda drinking. But my word I could drink a gallon of that stuff!! So good!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #518
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
oh that sounds good! Must check that out next time!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #519
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Just missing one or 2 ingredients....
Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #520
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Just missing one or 2 ingredients....
Maybe rum!

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #521
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Maybe rum!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #522
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

CL level question

I just got back from a visit to BW CL and I was amazed at the differences between BW and BC CL. So I was wondering does AKL CL offer water that we can take to the parks?

Judy
Judyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #523
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles1281 View Post
I check in on Dec 1st at Kidani 2BR, already on list but I have 3 question's that hopefully some of you can answer.

1. I know there's 1 pack n' play already in a 2BR, can I request another?

2. The coffee maker filters, is it just the old fashion filters? Are they supplied?

3. Washer/Dryer, how much detergent is supplied? Will the Pods work?

Thank you
The villa coffee makers all use a 12 cup basket filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfun View Post
I just got back from a visit to BW CL and I was amazed at the differences between BW and BC CL. So I was wondering does AKL CL offer water that we can take to the parks?

Judy
Unfortunately no. They didn't have water to go. If you want something for the room I think they offered a pitcher to take some of the filtered water they have. The filtered water was fine to drink, but obviously not as convenient as bottled water. That to us was the only thing the BC CL was better for. Otherwise we liked the AKL CL much more.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #524
msmith1026
A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.

just back

Hi everyone, we are back from our 10 day stay at Jambo House. We had an amazing time. We had booked a standard view room, and were upgraded at check in to a pool view, with a bunk bed. Our daughter was so excited about the bunk bed (who knew!) We had the first room down the hallway, so right off the elevators. It was perfect--i was so prepared to have a room far down the hallway, that we actually walked past the room at first and had to double back to find it.

We had booked a split stay, checking in on Thursday night, then checking out and back in on Friday to take advantage of Free Dining. When we checked in on Thursday night, our cast member was so great, confirming for us that we would not have to switch rooms, so we could settle in and not worry about having to move in the morning.

We had no problems at all with the busses--most mornings we left well before park openings and beat the crowds. Very rarely did we wait more than 5 minutes for a bus, and they were never crowded. We did find that coming home, if we came back after the park closed, we might have to wait for another bus, but we totally expected that, so it was no big deal. The only night i wished i didn't have to deal with the bus was the night we went to MNSSHP--my husband caught a cold while in Disney and ended up leaving before the party started. So, my daughter and I stayed for the party, and stayed later than i expected. She fell asleep on the bus and carrying her 40 lbs of dead weight from the bus drop off up to our room was not easy. I was so happy to get to our room!

My daughter loved going to the overlooks to check out the animals, and ended up chatting away with the guides there. They always took the time to talk with her and help her with her writers workshop journal she needed to do for school while she was at Disney.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was so peaceful and serene, it really felt like a vacation from our vacation when we got back from the parks.

Thanks everyone for all the answers to the questions I had while planning. We had such a great time!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #525
bbrnca
an addiction is a bad thing unless it is a Mouse thing

Zawadi Marketplace

Simple Question.... If after being to AKL in Sept. and now my daughter wants something from the gift shop if I call do you think they would ship it ??? I am also not opposed to flying there for the day or 2...LOL.... went through the Disney store from end to end and did not find it online....
AKV & THV 09
AKV/POR 10-DVC cruise-BLT 10
AKV/Dream 11
BWV/Oasis of the Seas 12
SSR/VWL 12 Anniversary trip
OKW(2days)/Fantasy(7nights)/AKV(4days) 13
OKW Nov 14

My wife collects Minnie's and Mickey collects my money
bbrnca is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: