Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #496
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 89,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by minie_meese View Post


....OMG! The kudus are escaping!!!
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #497
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....OMG! The kudus are escaping!!!
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #498
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer
 
pArKsFaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 248

Is soda readily available CL, or mainly certain times of the day? Not usually a worry, but my dh is a big Coke drinker. I'm getting ready to order water bottles to have delivered and am debating on adding some Coke just in case...but if he is able to get it any time then I won't bother.
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #499
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer
 
tiggerlvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
This guy welcomes everyone to the new thread!

I want whatever room you were in!!!
__________________
'85 - offsite
'95 - POR (Dixie)
'05 - CSR
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #500
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by pArKsFaN View Post
Is soda readily available CL, or mainly certain times of the day? Not usually a worry, but my dh is a big Coke drinker. I'm getting ready to order water bottles to have delivered and am debating on adding some Coke just in case...but if he is able to get it any time then I won't bother.
They do close the CL at 10:00 but you can take as many cans as you want to your room. I don't think you'd need to buy any.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #501
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer
 
pArKsFaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
They do close the CL at 10:00 but you can take as many cans as you want to your room. I don't think you'd need to buy any.
Great - thank you
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #502
tarak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: central PA
Posts: 1,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Thank you. But please don't hesitate to get that ECV if you need it! We are so very thankful that they exist or our WDW vacations would not be possible. Don't let the "fear of boarding" ruin your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2977 View Post
Don't worry about what everyone else will think- they should have the same attitude you told your 9yo about- and if they can't oh well! DH had to use an ecv one trip after ankle surgery and everyone was very nice and the bus drivers were super accomodating everywhere. It will be nice for you to have one when going around the parks and the resort. You can always walk through the actual lines- that's what he did one some since he did have a boot, he just kinda limped along cuz he didn't want anyone giving him "special treatment" as he said. I think we rented one from an offsite company for around $30 a day and it was great.
You are right. I had an injection in my knee about ten days ago (synvisc). It's working somewhat. I'll see how things go in the next few months. I know I can rent a scooter offsite for the whole seven days for less than it would cost to rent one at the parks for four.

We're at 90 days now. I'm wondering how the FP+ will be worked out by late January - rolled out completely, testing, or put to rest for a while? I guess I'll find out in about a month.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #503
JaibuJenn
Earning My Ears
 
JaibuJenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 23

It's official! My fiancé and I will be there March 24-April 1st for our honeymoon!

We have never been to WDW, just frequent DL goers. It's all so exciting! We are in an Arusha view room thanks to a very nice discount from a cast member friend (without her there was no way we could afford it).

This thread has been so helpful and helped us decide on our resort. Can't wait to see what it's all about over in Florida!
JaibuJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #504
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaibuJenn View Post
It's official! My fiancé and I will be there March 24-April 1st for our honeymoon!

We have never been to WDW, just frequent DL goers. It's all so exciting! We are in an Arusha view room thanks to a very nice discount from a cast member friend (without her there was no way we could afford it).

This thread has been so helpful and helped us decide on our resort. Can't wait to see what it's all about over in Florida!
Congratulations!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #505
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaibuJenn View Post
It's official! My fiancé and I will be there March 24-April 1st for our honeymoon! We have never been to WDW, just frequent DL goers. It's all so exciting! We are in an Arusha view room thanks to a very nice discount from a cast member friend (without her there was no way we could afford it). This thread has been so helpful and helped us decide on our resort. Can't wait to see what it's all about over in Florida!
oh excited! Congrats you will love it I'm sure!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #506
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,653

Does anyone have pictures of the frige in a standard room? Will a gallom milk jug fit in there?

We are ordering from Garden Grocer and I'm just trying to figure out how much stuff I can fit in there.

7 days to go!!!!!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #507
icicleVT
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the frige in a standard room? Will a gallom milk jug fit in there?

We are ordering from Garden Grocer and I'm just trying to figure out how much stuff I can fit in there.

7 days to go!!!!!
Fridge in a standard room, not villa or studio, right? It's a "dorm room" size with a rack for a 6 pack and a cubby for bottles on the inside of the door, main part divided with a wire rack shelf. Hmm, I'm not sure it will hold a gallon -- certainly not in the door next to the rack -- though you might be able to take out the shelf in the main part of the fridge. I'd say not.

I don't have a photo for you but we just stayed at AKL. We had a problem with our fridge running too cold -- it froze everything! They had to adjust it twice (there's no way for guests to change it) and we lost our carrots and apples both days, too squishy when frozen. Watch the temp if you do put anything in there....
icicleVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #508
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaibuJenn View Post
It's official! My fiancé and I will be there March 24-April 1st for our honeymoon!

We have never been to WDW, just frequent DL goers. It's all so exciting! We are in an Arusha view room thanks to a very nice discount from a cast member friend (without her there was no way we could afford it).

This thread has been so helpful and helped us decide on our resort. Can't wait to see what it's all about over in Florida!
Congratulations! and You will LOVE AKL!!
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #509
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicleVT View Post
Fridge in a standard room, not villa or studio, right? It's a "dorm room" size with a rack for a 6 pack and a cubby for bottles on the inside of the door, main part divided with a wire rack shelf. Hmm, I'm not sure it will hold a gallon -- certainly not in the door next to the rack -- though you might be able to take out the shelf in the main part of the fridge. I'd say not.

I don't have a photo for you but we just stayed at AKL. We had a problem with our fridge running too cold -- it froze everything! They had to adjust it twice (there's no way for guests to change it) and we lost our carrots and apples both days, too squishy when frozen. Watch the temp if you do put anything in there....
Maybe I'd be better buying 2 1/2 gallons then. Hopefully we don't have any fridge issues. We had problems with 2 fridges at CSR last year. Thanks for the info!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #510
icicleVT
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Maybe I'd be better buying 2 1/2 gallons then. Hopefully we don't have any fridge issues. We had problems with 2 fridges at CSR last year. Thanks for the info!
I bet that would work -- one in the door cubby (open and upright) and one (unopened) on it's side in the main part. Have a great trip!
icicleVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: