Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #271
KMichelin
Earning My Ears

Oh, please add us too! We're spending our honeymoon at AKL 12/9-12/14!

February 2014- Weekend getaway
December 2013 - Wedding and Disneymoon!
February 2013- Weekend getaway
October 2012 - Birthday celebration!
May 2012 - Weekend getaway
December 2011 - College graduation celebration trip! Also: Got engaged at the world!
October 2010 - First trip to WDW as adult w/ future fiance.
1987-2005 - Family vacations plant seeds of Disney obsession
KMichelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #272
alana22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post

Testing for the Magic Bands and FP+ is only through the end of October. No one knows for certain yet what happens after November 1. Hopefully we will all find out soon!
The anticipation is killing me. Thanks for the response. If anyone else staying in December at AKL and gets invited to use MB or FP+ let me know!
alana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #273
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...I already did....well, it was pretty happy....
...and we celebrated our 30th a day later...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #274
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
...and we celebrated our 30th a day later...
Congrats on 30 years!!

Where does the time go???!!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #275
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLeah View Post
Hi folks!

I have been scrolling through pages and pages of AKL and Kidani threads hoping to find one of the maps that shows the room categories and room types for each floor. I have used them in the past for other DVC properties but despite hours of reading and scrolling, I am coming up with nothing.

Can someone please tell me if such a map exists for Kidani? Here's an example of what I am looking for http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

I would really appreciate some help! Thank you so much in advance!

Leah
Thank you so much for posting this!!! That map is EXACTLY what I was looking for!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #276
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Hey all!! We are checking into AKL Jambo House on November 21 for a surprise trip!!!

I seem to remember a list somewhere of the room numbers for studios standard view at AKL. Does anyone know where I have seen that at?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #277
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

Where does the time go???!!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #278
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Good answer!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #279
leannak
Mouseketeer

Hi all,
I am having trouble getting excited for our AKL stay (both Kidani and Jambo House). I've never been to AKL, or even Animal Kingdom, for that matter! (Our first trip wasn't long enough to hit that park.) Please tell me what you love about AKL. I know we'll have a great time - I just want to get excited about the trip in advance.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #280
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Hi all,
I am having trouble getting excited for our AKL stay (both Kidani and Jambo House). I've never been to AKL, or even Animal Kingdom, for that matter! (Our first trip wasn't long enough to hit that park.) Please tell me what you love about AKL. I know we'll have a great time - I just want to get excited about the trip in advance.
The resort itself is beautiful, you will be WOWed the second you step into the lobby. Mara is possibly the best CS and Boma's is to die for. Love the Breakfast buffet.
I spent hours upon hours of just touring the resort and taking photos both of the resort and the animals.
I only stayed at AKL once before but am very excited to be returning. You will love it there. Most unique resort on Disney property or anywhere!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #281
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Hey everyone...

I am surprising my family and staying at AKL 10/30-11/5. They think we are staying at POFQ. I'm sure they will be shocked. There was a room only discount that I couldn't pass up. I've been reading through the thread and there is a lot of great information in here. I booked dinner (which we've done before) and breakfast at Boma. I can't wait to drink the juice.

My DW & I have always wanted to stay here but said we would only if we had a savanna view. Unfortunately, I booked the pool view room because it was only going to cost me about $150 more than the room I had at POFQ. Does anyone have pictures from the balcony of a pool view room?

I'll continue reading and checking in.

Tim
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #282
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
My DW & I have always wanted to stay here but said we would only if we had a savanna view. Unfortunately, I booked the pool view room because it was only going to cost me about $150 more than the room I had at POFQ. Does anyone have pictures from the balcony of a pool view room?

Tim

to the right...

The views we had were kind of obstructed by the trees, but IMO pool view room locations are the BEST! The ones we've had were close to the lobby and made for quick access and around the resort. And a shorter walk back to the room after a long day in the parks. There are lots of places around the resort for viewing animals so I don't think you will ultimately be disappointed in staying her vs POFQ.
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #283
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everyone...

I am surprising my family and staying at AKL 10/30-11/5. They think we are staying at POFQ. I'm sure they will be shocked. There was a room only discount that I couldn't pass up. I've been reading through the thread and there is a lot of great information in here. I booked dinner (which we've done before) and breakfast at Boma. I can't wait to drink the juice.

Tim
If you check out the photos thread for AKL, someone just posted a picture of the pool view they had. I'm sure there are lots of other photos with that view. I love going through the photo threads - gets me even more excited for our upcoming trip.

leannak - I think going through the photo thread might help you, as well. Some of the photos there are absolutely amazing. I'm contemplating picking up a DSLR so I can take better pictures than I normally do with my iphone.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #284
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pArKsFaN View Post

to the right...

The views we had were kind of obstructed by the trees, but IMO pool view room locations are the BEST! The ones we've had were close to the lobby and made for quick access and around the resort. And a shorter walk back to the room after a long day in the parks. There are lots of places around the resort for viewing animals so I don't think you will ultimately be disappointed in staying her vs POFQ.
Thanks for the pictures!!!! I think this will suit us just fine. I am getting really excited and I can't wait to sit out on that balcony and enjoy a cocktail with my DW while the kids are sleeping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
If you check out the photos thread for AKL, someone just posted a picture of the pool view they had. I'm sure there are lots of other photos with that view. I love going through the photo threads - gets me even more excited for our upcoming trip.
Good advice. I'll head over there now and see what I can find.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #285
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures!!!! I think this will suit us just fine. I am getting really excited and I can't wait to sit out on that balcony and enjoy a cocktail with my DW while the kids are sleeping!
No problem, I hope you have a fabulous time at AKL
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: