Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #196
Mickdeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Ooops - I forgot we decided to go with standard view for Jambo House. So we only need to know which savannah view floor is best at kidani.

For Jambo House - are there rooms overlooking the lobby?? I'd love to request that area (close to lobby?) Maybe near pool or near transportation as other requests.
We just returned last week.
Yes, we had a 5th floor standard room over looking the lobby, as we came out our door, we faced straight out towards the huge windows that face the Savannah. Close to everything, pool, restaurants, lobby and transportation. Great location, very happy.

Mickdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #197
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Are the rooms that are close to the lobby noisy from guests?

I think we will be renting a DVC Value Studio which means 5th floor and near the lobby and I worry it will be noisy from people coming/going all the time in the lobby area...or is it not an issue since the lobby is on a different floor?

I'm also pretty worried about getting a pool view room (by chance). Noise during the day wouldn't bother me, but at 9pm or 10pm if there are still people screaming outside and I could hear from my room I'd be pretty upset. I'd almost rather have a parking lot view. I watched a DVC Value room tour on YouTube and when they went on the balcony there was loud music & tons of kids playing/screaming in the pool...it was very loud...just wondering if you can hear it in your room as well?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #198
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
I'm fairly certain when we stayed at Kidani in January, there was a higher lock on the door to the balcony. I wonder if there's a difference between Kidani and Jambo with Kidani having the extra lock because it's a newer section of the resort? I think someone on that thread stated he/she didn't have an extra lock on the door?

ETA: that poster didn't mention the resort, so I don't know if it was at AKL or not.
We had the high lock at Jambo as well, but it was really high, above adult eye level, and I didn't even notice it until half-way through the trip. It wasn't locked when we checked in. So people saying they didn't have it might have, but didn't even know.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #199
Rendar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
I'm also pretty worried about getting a pool view room (by chance). Noise during the day wouldn't bother me, but at 9pm or 10pm if there are still people screaming outside and I could hear from my room I'd be pretty upset. I'd almost rather have a parking lot view. I watched a DVC Value room tour on YouTube and when they went on the balcony there was loud music & tons of kids playing/screaming in the pool...it was very loud...just wondering if you can hear it in your room as well?
Just left today. We had a pool view room the last 12 days and the noise from the pool at night wasn't too bad. The problem was the music they played at the pool until 7 or 8 at night, it is really loud with a lot of bass. I like to take a nap in the middle of the day occasionally and I couldn't this trip because of the music. YMMV.
Rendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #200
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Are the rooms that are close to the lobby noisy from guests?

I think we will be renting a DVC Value Studio which means 5th floor and near the lobby and I worry it will be noisy from people coming/going all the time in the lobby area...or is it not an issue since the lobby is on a different floor?

I had Giraffe Trail Pool view..located 3rd floor (lobby level) right over Jiko..I didn't hear any noise during the day. Even with the sidewalk that comes out of Boma and loops around..it was so nice!
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #201
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I had Giraffe Trail Pool view..located 3rd floor (lobby level) right over Jiko..I didn't hear any noise during the day. Even with the sidewalk that comes out of Boma and loops around..it was so nice!
That's great to know, thanks! I'm so excited to stay at AKL even though it's over a year away. LOL For some reason it doesn't seem that far away.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #202
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We had the high lock at Jambo as well, but it was really high, above adult eye level, and I didn't even notice it until half-way through the trip. It wasn't locked when we checked in. So people saying they didn't have it might have, but didn't even know.
I can see that. My middle daughter is THAT kid. The one who scares the bejesus out of you on a daily basis. The one who figured out the dead bolts at three and went on a walk about in the neighborhood. She's at the age now where we might let her on the balcony by herself. Might. But at six, I could absolutely see her dragging a table to the railing and climbing up to look over. So we've always looked for extra locks and security. She's also a sleepwalker, so we bolt and lock everything that we can when we're on vacation.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #203
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

We have a club level room, checking in in less than 2 weeks. I noticed that there is no longer availability for club level rooms while we are there. Does this mean it is going to be crowded in the lounge? Anyone have any experience? Thanks!!
eeyore81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #204
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Question about lobby and common areas

Hi,
My extended family is looking to stay at AKL early next year. My sister has a weird fear of stuffed animals/taxidermy. Can anyone tell me if there are any such things in any of the common areas or lobby of AKL? I looked at a number of pictures and didn't see any, but figured I should ask to be sure. If we get there and she sees one, she will literally not walk through the hotel.

TIA!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #205
maryandtyson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Hi,
My extended family is looking to stay at AKL early next year. My sister has a weird fear of stuffed animals/taxidermy. Can anyone tell me if there are any such things in any of the common areas or lobby of AKL? I looked at a number of pictures and didn't see any, but figured I should ask to be sure. If we get there and she sees one, she will literally not walk through the hotel.

TIA!
I am 90% sure there aren't any. But call AKL to ask.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #206
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

Checking in! We'll be staying at AKL from 11/12-11/22. I am so excited!

Quick question: Do they provide cribs upon request, or just pack and plays?
1/2012-CSR- First trip as a family of three!
12/2010-CR Atrium CL
12/2009-ASM
12/2008-ASSp
12/2007-CR Atrium CL-First trip as a widow/single mom with baby Henry.
7/2005-PFQ- Honeymoon!
3/2004 PFQ- Engagement trip!
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #207
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

Checking in! We'll be staying at AKL from 11/12-11/22. I am so excited!

Quick question: Do they provide cribs upon request, or just pack and plays?
1/2012-CSR- First trip as a family of three!
12/2010-CR Atrium CL
12/2009-ASM
12/2008-ASSp
12/2007-CR Atrium CL-First trip as a widow/single mom with baby Henry.
7/2005-PFQ- Honeymoon!
3/2004 PFQ- Engagement trip!
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #208
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

DH & I will be checking into AKL tomorrow! It will be great to get there & unwind!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #209
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I'm sure that this has been answered at some point on a previous thread (and possibly on this one!)... But we are staying at AKL for the first time in October. We're renting a savannah view studio at Jambo through DVC and I'm just wondering what the possible room locations are.

Thanks! 34 days til check-in!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #210
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I'm sure that this has been answered at some point on a previous thread (and possibly on this one!)... But we are staying at AKL for the first time in October. We're renting a savannah view studio at Jambo through DVC and I'm just wondering what the possible room locations are.

Thanks! 34 days til check-in!
We did that same thing in July..we had room 5775..Zebra Trail ALLLLLL the way at the end. I suggest requesting "close to lobby" if you can

Here was our view.
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: