Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #166
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy
Since I know some of you have little ones...

At The Mara, do the kid's meal breakfasts come with a small beverage like a full meal or is it just the breakfast platter or Mickey waffles? And, will I run into any issues ordering this for myself as an adult (with no kids) in the mornings? I don't want to get yelled at! I'm a light breakfast eater and would usually choose between a yogurt parfait or one of the kids meals which seem like the perfect amount of food. We won't be on a dining plan.
They won't know who you are ordering for and won't think twice! Don't know about the beverage as we were on DDP our last 2 trips.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #167
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post

I here you on that one. Mine are no longer three, but those hallways really seemed to encourage the running of the children.

Took a quick poll tonight and it seems like everyone but me prefers the okapi and the red river hogs to the giraffe and zebras. Weirdos, I tell you. I'll just have to take my coffee elsewhere in the mornings to see the zebras and giraffe.
We loved the red river hogs. On our last stay we only saw one on one day. What trail are you on? We have always stayed around the third pod on the Zebra trail.
eeyore81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #168
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore81 View Post
We loved the red river hogs. On our last stay we only saw one on one day. What trail are you on? We have always stayed around the third pod on the Zebra trail.
I admit, I loved the little hogs, too. We saw three of them running like mad one morning. Very cute. We were way at the end - past the Pumba elevator. We could see wishes from our balcony. Which was kind of neat, actually. But it was a haul at the end of the night. I think this time I'll request a room halfway between the Rafiki and Pumba elevators. That would put us smack in the middle of the savannah, I think. A bit closer to the pool (we're planning two resort days, and a few of the park days might be short). Of course, I could mention to Things 2 & 3 that if we're on a different savannah, we'd be closer to Jambo house (they still complain about the walk, which I honestly didn't think was that bad). Maybe sway them to the giraffe/zebra side.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #169
aagee
Mouseketeer

Online check-in question

I am doing online check-in. I have a standard view room at AKL booked, but one of the room requests available to me is "sunset savannah view". Can I really request that if I didn't book a savannah room? Obviously I would love a savannah view! I guess it's a dumb question, since its clearly listed as a choice, but it seems too good to be true?
aagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #170
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagee View Post
I am doing online check-in. I have a standard view room at AKL booked, but one of the room requests available to me is "sunset savannah view". Can I really request that if I didn't book a savannah room? Obviously I would love a savannah view! I guess it's a dumb question, since its clearly listed as a choice, but it seems too good to be true?
I'd like to know this too. I don't know why I'm reluctant to do online check in. It would be nice if this was a free upgrade they're offering to you.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #171
iRy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'd like to know the answer to this as well!
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Coronado Springs Resort & The Polynesian
2013 - Pop Century Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge
iRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #172
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had the same option available to me when we booked a standard view. I chose the option sunset savanna. We were on the side of the building that sunset savanna was on but didn't have an actual savanna view. Meaning sunset was to the right of the lobby pembe to the left. We were on the right hand side of the building. Does that make sense?
Old 08-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #173
iRy
Mouseketeer

There's also an option for "Kudu Trail" as well. Most, if not all of those rooms, overlook a savannah if I'm not mistaken.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #174
aagee
Mouseketeer

Ok, another question. If I do request the sunset savannah, where exactly is that, which trail?

Thanks!
aagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #175
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

What area should I request for a savanah view of the giraffes?

FYI I am having a blast reading posts and learning all about AKL!!! So excited!! Less than 3 weeks to go.
Disney Diva Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #176
iRy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok, another question. If I do request the sunset savannah, where exactly is that, which trail? Thanks!
The sunset savannah is on the right side of the hotel in between Ostrich and Kudu Trails.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #177
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Is there new bedding in the AKV Studios?

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
POLY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #178
Mommymarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem1976 View Post
I know, another room request question! We are going in Nov, renting DVC and staying in Kidani Village in a Savannah View Studio. Trying to find a map of the room locations, but my #1 request would be a good view.

I know it can be a long walk to the ends, but we've stayed at CSR and CBR so we've walked before. Are there certain area's that the animals hang out or to request?
TIA!!!

I also have a room request question....I booked an Arusha view room already, are there any better/worse Arusha rooms? I just want to make sure that I make a room request if it will make a difference--this is our first time at AKL and we are so excited
Mommymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #179
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Since I know some of you have little ones...

At The Mara, do the kid's meal breakfasts come with a small beverage like a full meal or is it just the breakfast platter or Mickey waffles? And, will I run into any issues ordering this for myself as an adult (with no kids) in the mornings? I don't want to get yelled at! I'm a light breakfast eater and would usually choose between a yogurt parfait or one of the kids meals which seem like the perfect amount of food. We won't be on a dining plan.
I don't think they care. I asked for a kid's meal for myself and was up front about it and there were no issues. I don't remember if there was a drink included or not ... it seems like maybe I got a small bottled water and saved it in the fridge for later. I had purchased a refillable mug and got iced tea or coffee usually.

FWIW, on my most recent trip in May I also asked if it was okay to get kids meals at a couple of the QS places in the parks and the CMs were perfectly fine with it. I wasn't wanting to break any rules, but the kids meals were the right amount of food for me and they said "sure, no problem at all"!
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #180
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

We are checking into the Swan just for one night before checking into the AKL. Bell services at the Swan said they would take our luggage to the AKL for us, but I'm pretty sure we would need to get our luggage from the AKL bell services when we get back to our room from the park that night. The only thing is, that we'll be at the MK and it is open until midnight (thanks to PM EMH). Once we get back to the AKL, will bell services still be open to be able to bring our luggage to our room, or will we have to wait until the next morning to get it?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: