Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #151
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

If I rent DVC points for a studio (Jambo) with savanna view, can I request close to the lobby? Is that a good savanna location? Also, is Jambo House considered a request or is it a bookable category when renting points?

Me-30: -&- DH-34:

Last edited by LJSquishy; 08-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #152
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drujaz View Post
For all the folks that got magic bands for their stay at AKL, are you at Jambo or Kidani?
We are going in October, staying a Jambo house and got selected to try the magic bands/fast pass +. I can't wait to try it just to see how it changes our touring plans.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #153
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

When booking a Savanna view room in Jambo House and requesting near the lobby, are there any "bad" sections/views?

If for some reason we end up at either far end of Jambo House, how long is the walk to the lobby? I'm trying to decide if it is more important to request to be close to the lobby, or to have a specific view.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #154
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by drujaz View Post
For all the folks that got magic bands for their stay at AKL, are you at Jambo or Kidani?
We're at Jambo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I promise you, the resort doesn't stink. I've been on the Wanyama safari twice, in an open truck out into where the animals are. It doesn't smell there, either.
That's what I keep telling him. I think it's just an excuse because he loves the WL so much and wanted to stay there.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #155
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
If I rent DVC points for a studio (Jambo) with savanna view, can I request close to the lobby? Is that a good savanna location? Also, is Jambo House considered a request or is it a bookable category when renting points?
AKV Jambo and AKV Kidani are booked separately, like separate resorts.

For instance;

Resort - AKV Jambo
Room category - Studio Savannah View
Room request (not guaranteed) - Near lobby

The only thing I know about AKV Jambo rooms are that they are located on the 5th and 6th floors...and the 6th floor is reserved for studios & villas booked with Club-Level Service.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #156
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
AKV Jambo and AKV Kidani are booked separately, like separate resorts.

For instance;

Resort - AKV Jambo
Room category - Studio Savannah View
Room request (not guaranteed) - Near lobby

The only thing I know about AKV Jambo rooms are that they are located on the 5th and 6th floors...and the 6th floor is reserved for studios & villas booked with Club-Level Service.
Great, thank you very much! I wonder how far the walk would be if our room was at the far end of the savanna to the lobby. I'll see if I can google that.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #157
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

I've read that the Value Studios can have a parking lot view...does anyone have a photo of the "worst" types of views at AKL? I tried Googling parking lot view but nothing came up. I think we will book a Savanna view regardless, but I'd like to at least know all of the options first.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #158
Tig-girl
WL VET
If you wanna make God laugh, all you gotta do is tell him your plans....
Tag Toggler

I'm just checking to see if this still works for me! It's been a long time.....
2009-Jan. WL, Mar. SSR, Sept. Treehouse Villas, Nov. AKL!
2010-Jan. Kidani Village June. SSR , Sept. Grand Californian
2011 Jan. KV
, 2012 Jan-BWV, May- KV

Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #159
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

Room Request

I know, another room request question! We are going in Nov, renting DVC and staying in Kidani Village in a Savannah View Studio. Trying to find a map of the room locations, but my #1 request would be a good view.

I know it can be a long walk to the ends, but we've stayed at CSR and CBR so we've walked before. Are there certain area's that the animals hang out or to request?
TIA!!!

CSR 2002, CBR 2009, BC 2012, AKL 2013
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #160
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem1976 View Post
I know, another room request question! We are going in Nov, renting DVC and staying in Kidani Village in a Savannah View Studio. Trying to find a map of the room locations, but my #1 request would be a good view.

I know it can be a long walk to the ends, but we've stayed at CSR and CBR so we've walked before. Are there certain area's that the animals hang out or to request?
TIA!!!
I haven't stayed at AKL before but I've heard over and over that Sunset Savanna is the location you want to request. Pembe Savanna is the other savanna location at Kidani and I guess it doesn't have as many animals or perhaps it's not as pretty (not sure why people don't like it).

Old 08-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #161
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
When booking a Savanna view room in Jambo House and requesting near the lobby, are there any "bad" sections/views?

If for some reason we end up at either far end of Jambo House, how long is the walk to the lobby? I'm trying to decide if it is more important to request to be close to the lobby, or to have a specific view.
I, personally, don't think that the walk is that long at Jambo. And I'm not a super-exerciser or anything, just a pretty normal human (at least I hope so.... ). The halls are much longer at Kidani and even there I feel like the walk is totally worth it. I really don't understand why people complain at Jambo. Or Kidani - don't you want to see animals and not into other people's rooms/villas? Seems intuitive that providing space for the animals/people to coincide would mean longer halls...but maybe that's just me!

Just my opinion but at Jambo I don't worry about requesting close to lobby unless my elderly parents are with us or we have some other need. I typically prefer to be a bit out in the wings which gets you a bit away from the Arusha rock common viewing area. Feels a bit more natural to me instead of watching people on the ground watching animals. But I adore both views so I typically don't worry about it!

With my DD who is crazy about the pool, I typically just request "close to pool) in the hopes we'll be near that elevator bank about half way down the Zebra trail which gives the best of both worlds for our family. But I really think you can't lose with Savannah view at Jambo! Have a great trip!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #162
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I think requesting Lobby Level is better..it seems to make the walk not so bad if an elevator isn't involved
Old 08-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #163
smiths02
DIS Veteran

I don't remember minding the walks until my 3 year old decided it was the best place to run! Keeping him from running was really, really hard LOL.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
Old 08-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #164
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
I don't remember minding the walks until my 3 year old decided it was the best place to run! Keeping him from running was really, really hard LOL.
I here you on that one. Mine are no longer three, but those hallways really seemed to encourage the running of the children.

Took a quick poll tonight and it seems like everyone but me prefers the okapi and the red river hogs to the giraffe and zebras. Weirdos, I tell you. I'll just have to take my coffee elsewhere in the mornings to see the zebras and giraffe.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #165
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Since I know some of you have little ones...

At The Mara, do the kid's meal breakfasts come with a small beverage like a full meal or is it just the breakfast platter or Mickey waffles? And, will I run into any issues ordering this for myself as an adult (with no kids) in the mornings? I don't want to get yelled at! I'm a light breakfast eater and would usually choose between a yogurt parfait or one of the kids meals which seem like the perfect amount of food. We won't be on a dining plan.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: