Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #136
lshaff3
Earning My Ears

New to the thread. Been to Disney many times but this will be our first time staying at AKL. We have a 1BR villa with a standard view at Jambo house book. Does anyone happen to know where these are rooms located or where to make a room request.
lshaff3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #137
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I have a CL RO ressie for our Oct trip. I didn't realize it, but when a friend mentioned it I checked. We are eligible for magic bands. I couldn't get a straight answer about adding out APs though.
I just got my Magicbands too. Never got an email about them but checked and there they were. It looks to me like MDE linked both my undercover tourist tix and my annual pass...but got a note saying to bring all tix, just in case! But so fun to have...and love the FP+ options/system! Was hoping for Wishes but looks like the fireworks options are only available on the weekends so far.
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #138
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I agree with the wonderful smoke smell.. I parked on Sunday when I went to get my domes and I smelled that awesome linger... It smells so yummy
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #139
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTCK1310FanGrl View Post
Hi, love reading the all of the information about AKL from you experts.
Silly question - we are going in December, kids are so excited. They love animals. But, I am a little worried the resort will smell like a big zoo. We love Disney and have stayed at many resorts but this is our 1st stay at AKL. Please tell me I am being silly.

Also - a little worried about the bus transportation. We are going in early December so hoping for light crowds and hoping to not have any long bus waits.

Seems like a lot of people love AKL and spend a lot of time there and not as much in the parks - we are park people - open to close. So, should we switch resorts?

Thanks
I agree with the others. The only place I've smelled the animals is by the flamingo pond past the pool at Jambo House. I can't recall if there are rooms near there or not - but honestly, you don't even smell the flamingos until you're practically on top of them.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #140
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
When did you get the bands? After you did online check in? At 30 days? I have an AP and I wonder if I have to have a package or will I get them with room only
I have a RO reservation and old style paper passes. I did online check in about two weeks ago and was then able to customize bands. They arrived last week. I could not get the passes to link properly but after 3 calls to IT they were able to make it happen and I've now booked my fastpass + times.

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
JessiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #141
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
When did you get the bands? After you did online check in? At 30 days? I have an AP and I wonder if I have to have a package or will I get them with room only
I was able to customize ours after I did online check in. I did on line check in on the 60 day out. It was suggest by someone on the DIS September FB group to redo the online check in, because that was how they were able to customize their bands. As soon as I did that, I was able to do ours. I was so excited the day we got them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTCK1310FanGrl View Post
Hi, love reading the all of the information about AKL from you experts.
Silly question - we are going in December, kids are so excited. They love animals. But, I am a little worried the resort will smell like a big zoo. We love Disney and have stayed at many resorts but this is our 1st stay at AKL. Please tell me I am being silly.

Thanks
This is exactly what my DH is worried about with our upcoming AKL stay. I keep telling him that if it did stink that bad, word would get out about the smell, and people wouldn't pay more for a savanna view room.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #142
drujaz
Mouseketeer

For all the folks that got magic bands for their stay at AKL, are you at Jambo or Kidani?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #143
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I was able to customize ours after I did online check in. I did on line check in on the 60 day out. It was suggest by someone on the DIS September FB group to redo the online check in, because that was how they were able to customize their bands. As soon as I did that, I was able to do ours. I was so excited the day we got them.

This is exactly what my DH is worried about with our upcoming AKL stay. I keep telling him that if it did stink that bad, word would get out about the smell, and people wouldn't pay more for a savanna view room.
I promise you, the resort doesn't stink. I've been on the Wanyama safari twice, in an open truck out into where the animals are. It doesn't smell there, either.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #144
automaticsoap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drujaz View Post
For all the folks that got magic bands for their stay at AKL, are you at Jambo or Kidani?
I'll be at Jambo. I customized our magic bands last Friday and received them yesterday!

automaticsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #145
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

ANyone have Bands for November? I am hearing it is only for Sept and Oct...I am missing it by 1 day!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #146
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Jambo for us
Quote:
ANyone have Bands for November? I am hearing it is only for Sept and Oct...I am missing it by 1 day!!!
We are checking out Oct 31, maybe that's why we are able to get them
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #147
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pArKsFaN View Post
Jambo for us

We are checking out Oct 31, maybe that's why we are able to get them
Bah!!! I wish I was going on the 31st..
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #148
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jambo

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
JessiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #149
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaff3 View Post
New to the thread. Been to Disney many times but this will be our first time staying at AKL. We have a 1BR villa with a standard view at Jambo house book. Does anyone happen to know where these are rooms located or where to make a room request.
Some of them are pool view, and some are 'partial view' of a savannah. We had one of the 'partial views' and it was amazing. People had complained about having an obstructed view so they were reassigned. I have to look at the map, but it was all the way at the end of the right side of the horseshoe. Somebody help me with what trail it was, please.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #150
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Bah!!! I wish I was going on the 31st..
I'm testing them this weekend at Pop. We are at AKL Jambo in early November so I am wondering if they extend testing to November if we get to reuse them or if we have to order new ones.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: