Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Elmo007
Mouseketeer

FastPass+ test Question

I am sure this was covered in one of the compilation posts but I missed it. If you get selected for the FP+ testing, you get to select three experiences in advance. During the testing period do you still have the option to use regular fastpass kiosks for additional passes or are you limited to the three early selections?

In my experience it is usually possible to get more than 3 FP in the course of a full day and that might negate the benefit of participating in the test, despite the advantage of the advance reservations?

Anyone know? Thanks
Elmo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo007 View Post
I am sure this was covered in one of the compilation posts but I missed it. If you get selected for the FP+ testing, you get to select three experiences in advance. During the testing period do you still have the option to use regular fastpass kiosks for additional passes or are you limited to the three early selections?

In my experience it is usually possible to get more than 3 FP in the course of a full day and that might negate the benefit of participating in the test, despite the advantage of the advance reservations?

Anyone know? Thanks
To date, no one has been able to get more than 3 FP+s in a single day, except for some who got a bonus 4th.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

I leave on Monday and am part of the test group.

We get 4 FP+ for Magic Kingdom and 3 each for Epcot, HS, and Epcot.
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Elmo007
Mouseketeer

What I am curious about is if you do the FP+ test, can you still get FP from the kiosk.

I am still not sure if FP+ testing will be better as I think that its possible to get more than 4 FP in a full day at MK
Old 08-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
What I am curious about is if you do the FP+ test, can you still get FP from the kiosk.

I am still not sure if FP+ testing will be better as I think that its possible to get more than 4 FP in a full day at MK
You can't get additional FP+ at the kiosks, if that's what you are asking. You are limited to 3 FP+ (and sometimes a bonus 4th in MK), whether you reserve them 60 days in advance or day-of.

You can certainly get more than 3 or 4 FPs in a day under the old system, no problemo.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Nina1
Disney Lover

Quote:

I have been wondering the same thing and completely agree with you. We definitely use more than 4 regular FP in a given day at MK, and DHS, for that matter. If the full implementation of FP+ means only 3 or 4 FP in a given day per park, I see this as a huge disadvantage. We like the FP system as it currently is and know how to make it work for us. I really have no complaints with it and have found it makes touring quite easy. Being limited on FP means less attractions experienced and way more wasted time in lines. This would make me seriously question future trips. I wish we could get the answer to this question. Our trip is getting closer and I am nervous.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
Nina1
Disney Lover

Update OP! Good news. I just got off the phone with the Disney Reservations Center. Yes, you can still use the regular FP in addition to FP+. Just work them into your time window.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
Elmo007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina1 View Post
Update OP! Good news. I just got off the phone with the Disney Reservations Center. Yes, you can still use the regular FP in addition to FP+. Just work them into your time window.
That's what I was trying to find out. Thanks for the info

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: