Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

Family Suites and bed rails

I am considering our options for our next trip (over 1.5 years away). I am curious, is it possible to attach a bedrail to the convertible furniture in the family suites at ASMu or AOA? DS will be almost 3 when we got and he might need them. DH and I will be in the actual bed and my mom would sleep on the sofa couch so I asking specifically about the other sleeping furniture
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ?ASMo or ASMu?

PrincesCJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

At AoA the fold down Murphy bed didn't end up being that high off the ground. Now of course you don't want your little one to fall out. Just trying to help out in case you can't put the rails on!
Also, if the 3 year old is in the middle of the bed he'd have to move quite a bit to get over the edge. It is a nice size bed for a kiddo.
We had one 8 yr old and one grandma sleep on that Murphy bed for 4 nights and they were quite comfortable. Hope that helps.

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincesCJM View Post
I am considering our options for our next trip (over 1.5 years away). I am curious, is it possible to attach a bedrail to the convertible furniture in the family suites at ASMu or AOA? DS will be almost 3 when we got and he might need them. DH and I will be in the actual bed and my mom would sleep on the sofa couch so I asking specifically about the other sleeping furniture
I would recommend All-Star Music. At AoA, your DS would be in a separate room by himself whereas at ASMu, he'd be in the same room as your mom.

He should use the chair bed. It's got big high arms so it would be difficult for a 3 year old to fall out if he puts his head at the top. Sorry I don't have a picture to show you but I think the thread on here shows the furniture open.

The chair moves so you can put it up against the wall, then put the ottoman on the other side between the chair and the sofabed so he wouldn't have any actual "falling" space.

He will be fine, you just have to move stuff around a little.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: