Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 20,079

Have you ever called the hotel prior to your arrival to ask what room they have you in?
. . . nope
. . . besides, you call into the Call Center, and not to the resort
. . . the actual resort phone numbers are not for public publication


I'm tempted only because I'm curious.
. . . even if you call, we will not tell you
. . . we won't even tell you when you check-in, if the room isn't ready then
. . . the room number can change
. . . if you were assigned a "good" room, we might give it to someone else
. . . if so, you would be angered *
. . . of course, a mechanical failure could also move the assigned room


I guess deep down it doesn't matter and may not stay that way but i was curious.
. . . no it does not


* Frequently, I give a better room to people who ask for them or
check-in early in the day. We can also move someone we like into a
better room than was assinged. You might have been scheduled for a
good room location, but we can give that to another guest any time
before you arrive to check-ion. This happens at every resort, and several
times per day.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
DCbride
DIS Veteran
 
DCbride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,331

No, but when Disney first started texting that your room was ready I got a text sitting at my desk at work that my room #---- was ready. Which was funny since I hadn't left NJ yet
__________________
DH 44 Me 47
DS 24 DD 22DD 7:



Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
greengeen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
yeah to m~boy! a person with real values.

fyi~ just becoz one can take advantage of another,does
not give you the right!

do you think "all" lay persons are not aware of the ways
we are being taking advantage....so much you miss.

to me, just one more confirmation that disney needs
to reel in those stealing from guests. obviously some
may wear the disney uniform but has no respect for
others. this can/should be stop with proper management.

sure like dvc managers reading this boast.
What are you even talking about?? Did you reply on the wrong thread or what?
greengeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran
 
juliebug1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,253

Phone rings somewhere in Orlando.

"Hi, I'm coluk," says person who is not coluk. "Can you please tell me my room number?"

Disney CM, "Yes, you'll be in room 2."

"Oh, I'd rather have room 10," says non-coluk person. Room 10 is actually near the dumpster and the loud pool and farthest away from the food court and the bus stop.

I would think that you would want Disney to verify who is actually checking in and the only way to really do that is to check in face to face at the resort.
__________________

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #20
coluk003
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 355

So when I call to modify my reservation through the call center they ask me name phone address and email, so can the hotel so that's really not a reason it's done, the changing around certainly is.
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran
 
juliebug1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluk003 View Post
So when I call to modify my reservation through the call center they ask me name phone address and email, so can the hotel so that's really not a reason it's done, the changing around certainly is.
True, but checking you in and giving you a room and it's number when you're face to face gives the process a little more solidity than calling.
__________________

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #22
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,782

noyb! however,........

whenever someone jumps when the topic that is self evident,
i wonder about their position? so are you on the same level
or just trying to make an impression or just a friend?

wondering also , mr. m~boy , do you know the person @ work?

the way i look @ this has to do with fringe benefits...& the 2
types...one thru the company via the company rewards
program and the other one..."outside" the company intended
purposes, where those using their friends/connections
setting up special perks that effected /hurt others that
the company never intended , "under the table" stuff
without proper authorization.

the second post made it clear the direction of being able
to manipulate.....now does disney monitoring its
need for internal affairs...."is" what this boasting brought
up to me. that's because we have a large investment
tied to dvc & the rooms.

and "add" more to the connection....as a reference only--but
if a worker can make a friend inside the rooms assigner where
they can get a room that they did not paid for...and then
we showed up & our room is not available, then that is
stealing. & just for fyi---we saw that happened @ our last
dvc stay...that effected us & another family. i think
this is worth printing & sending to them.


oh, for the other blowing their wind toward me ~ i am not
interested in your offerings unless you are a cm worker with
additional insights. i don't think there is a way to miss what
the suggestion is all about.....again, why he added the second
post.
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
coluk003
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 355

Your posts jut confuse me even more lol
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
White Rose
Mouseketeer
 
White Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South NJ
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
Have you ever called the hotel prior to your arrival to ask what room they have you in?
. . . nope
. . . besides, you call into the Call Center, and not to the resort
. . . the actual resort phone numbers are not for public publication


I'm tempted only because I'm curious.
. . . even if you call, we will not tell you
. . . we won't even tell you when you check-in, if the room isn't ready then
. . . the room number can change
. . . if you were assigned a "good" room, we might give it to someone else
. . . if so, you would be angered *
. . . of course, a mechanical failure could also move the assigned room


I guess deep down it doesn't matter and may not stay that way but i was curious.
. . . no it does not


* Frequently, I give a better room to people who ask for them or
check-in early in the day. We can also move someone we like into a
better room than was assinged. You might have been scheduled for a
good room location, but we can give that to another guest any time
before you arrive to check-ion. This happens at every resort, and several
times per day.


Thank you four your insight!!! I only have one request during my upcoming stay, a balcony at the Poly. If we were assigned a non-balcony, in general, is it considered rude to request one at the front desk? In general, do CMs feel pestered or annoyed if someone asks politely? Is it considered bad manners to ask? (Not asking for an upgrade.)
__________________
Upcoming trips:
12/4/ WL - 1 1/2 days, 4 parks.
12/5-12/8 - US & IOA VIP Tour
10/11/15 - 10/16/15 Adult Exclusive ABD Southern California
Past Trips:
2013: Poly, Platinum Plan, 10th Anniversary, Disney Dream
2008: Poly, Platinum Plan 5th anniversary
2003: AKL. Platinum Plan Honeymoon (Grand Marshals: HS Stars and Cars Parade) <picture below>
http://loonbeam.smugmug.com/Travel/2...on/i-pccprjq/A
1999: POFQ
1992: Swan
1986: CR
1980: Golf Resort / Disney Inn (Now Shades of Green)
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #25
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,782

acting confuse isn't very good as a defense mechanism ...in facts, i know
exactly your reference was...but not 100% sure until m~ redirected, set
a limit, and did a corrective measure.

just for good/positive measure, my observations were not only
made by the first comment. instead combining the second response
together....as his wasn't just a corrective measure for no reason.

however, don't take it for something it isn't...."thank you" for
posting because it help explains a problem we ran into. i plan
on making a copy in case it ever rises again.

fyi~ too me, this is a two sided situation & i think it is good
business for disney co . to give their best workers special
perks.....where there isn't a right or wrong , pending the
proper ways by their management.....not bypassing the
correct policy.
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #26
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
acting confuse isn't very good as a defense mechanism ...in facts, i know
exactly your reference was...but not 100% sure until m~ redirected, set
a limit, and did a corrective measure.

just for good/positive measure, my observations were not only
made by the first comment. instead combining the second response
together....as his wasn't just a corrective measure for no reason.

however, don't take it for something it isn't...."thank you" for
posting because it help explains a problem we ran into. i plan
on making a copy in case it ever rises again.

fyi~ too me, this is a two sided situation & i think it is good
business for disney co . to give their best workers special
perks.....where there isn't a right or wrong , pending the
proper ways by their management.....not bypassing the
correct policy.
Huh? I agree with the previous poster, your posts are very confusing and make little to no sense. Is English your first language?
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #27
shyjade
DIS Veteran
 
shyjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rose



Thank you four your insight!!! I only have one request during my upcoming stay, a balcony at the Poly. If we were assigned a non-balcony, in general, is it considered rude to request one at the front desk? In general, do CMs feel pestered or annoyed if someone asks politely? Is it considered bad manners to ask? (Not asking for an upgrade.)
I think its fine to politely ask.
__________________
(me) (DD16)
shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Kernersville, NC
Posts: 4,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post

for the other blowing their wind toward me
I'm not quite sure what that means, but I feel fairly confident I will repeat it at least once today.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
JanaDee
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
acting confuse isn't very good as a defense mechanism ...in facts, i know
exactly your reference was...but not 100% sure until m~ redirected, set
a limit, and did a corrective measure.

just for good/positive measure, my observations were not only
made by the first comment. instead combining the second response
together....as his wasn't just a corrective measure for no reason.

however, don't take it for something it isn't...."thank you" for
posting because it help explains a problem we ran into. i plan
on making a copy in case it ever rises again.

fyi~ too me, this is a two sided situation & i think it is good
business for disney co . to give their best workers special
perks.....where there isn't a right or wrong , pending the
proper ways by their management.....not bypassing the
correct policy.
Uh, what?
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
626itch
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 12

Dont bother asking what room they have you in. I have ALWAYS just asked what rooms are available when I check in in person. I would get there a couple hours early (or earlier if you want them to store your luggage for you while you go out to the parks) and ask them which rooms will be available that day. They will pull out a map and usually give you a list of 5-12 rooms to choose from. I always choose something close to the bus stops.
626itch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.