Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #1141
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Hey Mickeynut was almost gonna type Mickey D darn McDonalds commercials.......Everything is fab here. How is everything in your part of the country...You're Welcome. So am I, wonder what the rest of the room will look like after the refurb
Lol on almost typing McD's. Glad things are good with you ......things here are good as well. I am very excited to see the rooms after the refurb. We are booked at the Grand in March and although I'm not sure if any rooms will be done by then, it will still be great to be back .

Quote:
Originally Posted by onurph View Post
Not sure if this is best place, but I am gonna ask anyway. We are 39 days from our stay at GF. 4th trip for me, but 1st at GF. This is our "once in a lifetime" trip. 3 daughters, so everything is expensive. Hence this being a once in a lifetime trip. My question is: I now have the ability to add room requests to my online check-in. What are the best options? I have booked only the standard room. Is there a better outer building? Is it better to have a higher or lower floor?
We had a GV in Big Pine Key and loved it. It's convenient to the courtyard pool, the main building, and Gasparillas (and it's not far from the main pool). I don't think there are any "bad" rooms or views at the Grand, some may be " less desirable", but I don't think any are bad. With that said, higher floors in BPK are a little better as far as view as some lower rooms will have a view of the back of the pool building. Boca Chica is also a great building as its located right next to BPK and and the courtyard pool .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
I sure hope we can visit inside the building when we are there soon.
I hope you can too . Your trip is almost here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
We are now just 59 days out from our "Grand" Christmas and I can't wait. Those pictures of the VGF are absolutely fabulous. I am hoping we get over to at least peek at them when we are there. The picture are really getting me excited!!!! I hope everyone is having a magical day!
Disney at Christmas is amazing as is the Grand during the holidays . You're going to have a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I have a question..are their ceiling fans in the room? I need air "moving" or at least the noise from a fan.

We were in a hotel last weekend without one and it was creepy to me...lol
Yes there are ceiling fans in the rooms .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #1142
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Hi GF pals...

Just a drive by to say Hi! Didnt get to pop in yesterday to say Bye! Lol..

Not so easy posting from my phone...lol..

MickeyNut Grannieminnie & k&a&csmom..thanks for the well wishes...

Quick report...the beds now have a blanket..between 2 sheets..no duvet!?? Colors are white with a dark blue scarf at the foot of the bed...

The VGF grounds are beautiful...didnt see any rooms there yet...but will be...

The weather is lovely. .and not to sound too corny..having a GRAND time!!

Will tty all next week....lots of new and fun stuff to share!
Thanks for the update, glad to know the bed scarf is blue and not black, at least. Enjoy your vacation.

Quote:
Not sure if this is best place, but I am gonna ask anyway. We are 39 days from our stay at GF. 4th trip for me, but 1st at GF. This is our "once in a lifetime" trip. 3 daughters, so everything is expensive. Hence this being a once in a lifetime trip. My question is: I now have the ability to add room requests to my online check-in. What are the best options? I have booked only the standard room. Is there a better outer building? Is it better to have a higher or lower floor?
As others have said, there really aren't any bad locations at the Grand. Which building you request really depends on what you prefer. Do you want to be near the Beach Pool and close to the back entrance to Main Bldg.? Ask for Big Pine Key. If you would like a beautiful view of the entire courtyard, including the Main Bldg. and close to the courtyard pool and boat dock - Boca Chica is a good choice.

Conch Key is in a good overall location, near the courtyard pool and boat dock, and close to the marina and Gasparilla's out the back door. Sago Cay is furthest from the pools, but close to Gasparilla's and the back path to the bus stop - and many love it for its quiet location.

Higher or lower floor, too, is pretty much personal choice. Lower floors are quicker to get to, but I prefer an upper floor for the overall view.

HTH!

Quote:
We are now just 59 days out from our "Grand" Christmas and I can't wait. Those pictures of the VGF are absolutely fabulous. I am hoping we get over to at least peek at them when we are there. The picture are really getting me excited!!!! I hope everyone is having a magical day!
Close!

Quote:
I'm loving the pictures too but I know we'll never be able to afford that Grand Villa unless I win the lottery!!
I was just thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I have a question..are their ceiling fans in the room? I need air "moving" or at least the noise from a fan.

We were in a hotel last weekend without one and it was creepy to me...lol
As others have said, there is a ceiling fan in the room. It doesn't make much noise, though, but I think you can request a box fan from housekeeping if you find you need it.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #1143
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm loving the pictures too but I know we'll never be able to afford that Grand Villa unless I win the lottery!!
LOL I hear ya! Maybe I should start playing the lottery . . .
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #1144
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"you can't win if you don't play..." (that's an oft-quoted phrase in my family! lol)
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 10-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #1145
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

So I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much ) do all the rooms now have the new linen on the beds? My husband will be very happy ....but I don't think my daughter will be.
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #1146
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
So I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much ) do all the rooms now have the new linen on the beds? My husband will be very happy ....but I don't think my daughter will be.
LOL - pretty easy to get confused lately, with all the changes. I think it is unclear if all the rooms now have the triple sheeting with no spread or duvet. Sounds like maybe so, with several guests posting their rooms have it. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks, if more people report or if someone asks while they are at the resort.

I'm not a fan. I thought my least desired option was the white duvet, lol, but I'm proved wrong once again!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #1147
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
"you can't win if you don't play..." (that's an oft-quoted phrase in my family! lol)
Lol. We say the same thing and we still only play when it gets really big!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #1148
danielle2618
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Ok we have been lucky enough to be making our fifth trip in December you can. Always ask for a theme park view. Higher up is nicer better view. We always at sago cay quiet. My hubby likes conch key and watch the boat docks. We also have a theme park view room and it is the bomb!!! Ask for theme park then ask for third floor to watch if no theme park ask for outer building with lagoon view. It is truly amazing place. Enjoy
Old 10-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #1149
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol. We say the same thing and we still only play when it gets really big!
Us, too, and we usually end up forgetting even then. My MIL just said to DH she would remodel her house if she won - he asked if she had every played in her life, and she said, "well...no." HAHAHA!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #1150
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've thought about it, but never have.......but I always tell myself that SOMEBODY has to win and I have no chance if I don't play....but that still doesn't get me to do it .

Quote:
Very true .

Quote:
Us, too, and we usually end up forgetting even then. My MIL just said to DH she would remodel her house if she won - he asked if she had every played in her life, and she said, "well...no." HAHAHA!
That's too funny .......maybe she knows something you don't as far as having a chance to win without playing .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #1151
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

That's too funny .......maybe she knows something you don't as far as having a chance to win without playing .
HAHAHA - if so, she's not sharing with her nearest and dearest.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #1152
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

I'm excited to say that we're now in single digits!!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #1153
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, and Mickeynut -- I caved, and turned on the heat this morning...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #1154
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Oh, and Mickeynut -- I caved, and turned on the heat this morning...

Too funny! I am a wimp. We turned on the heat over a week ago.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 10-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #1155
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Giddy-up!!!! I am sure it is getting hard to concentrate on anything in "real life" right now because all you can think of is packing, airports, ADRs, ......and FLYING DOWN SPLASH MOUNTAIN.....and ducking to try and stay dry

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: