Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #1111
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Hi Mickeynut! How are ya??

What? I missed saying "happy travels" to Blue? I thought she had one more day? Would you please tell her I said hello and to have a magical stay? Thanks...

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #1112
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Aww, phooey! I didn't give her a send off. Somehow missed her ticker, I guess I was too busy posting photos. Well, hope she has a Grand vacation.

LOL about over packing. I am terrible, especially if we take our car. When the whole family would go, the back end of the (then) minivan was so crammed full, it was hard to see out. Over the years, I've whittled down, but I still can't seem to pack minimally - even when I plan to do laundry.~sigh~

SNOW?!? I heard it was snowing a bit in Chicago yesterday. I hate winter. We've had our heat on for about a week, even though it hasn't been that cold in the day, overnight has dipped down. It is set at 65, though, so only comes on for a little while. Less than two weeks ago, I had the windows and doors open and the attic fan running - it was in the 80s!
I'm jealous because I hear the weather is wonderful down there ....especially since it's only in the mid 40s here .

I used to try to cut back on packing as I was worried I wouldn't have enough room in our suitcases to bring back all of our souvenirs ......then I found out about shipping things home......now I don't have any worries about packing or buying too much . Of course my DH does a little worrying because there's no limit to what can be shipped home .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hi Mickeynut! How are ya??

What? I missed saying "happy travels" to Blue? I thought she had one more day? Would you please tell her I said hello and to have a magical stay? Thanks...
I'm good....how are you?

Ya, Blue flew out this morning....got there around 10:00. Just texted her your "hello" .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #1113
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I'm jealous because I hear the weather is wonderful down there ....especially since it's only in the mid 40s here .

I used to try to cut back on packing as I was worried I wouldn't have enough room in our suitcases to bring back all of our souvenirs ......then I found out about shipping things home......now I don't have any worries about packing or buying too much . Of course my DH does a little worrying because there's no limit to what can be shipped home .

Ya, Blue flew out this morning....got there around 10:00. Just texted her your "hello" .
Tell her "hey" from me, too and have a Grand stay. I checked the Orlando weather over the weekend, and it looked beautiful for the next couple weeks.

LOL about being able to buy so much more. I used to bring a Lands End duffle that folded into about 6-inches square, but one of my kids snagged it, which is how I ended up with so many Disney bags. I'm going to have a harder time on our next trip now that I'm reminded of the shipping option.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #1114
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tell her "hey" from me, too and have a Grand stay. I checked the Orlando weather over the weekend, and it looked beautiful for the next couple weeks.

LOL about being able to buy so much more. I used to bring a Lands End duffle that folded into about 6-inches square, but one of my kids snagged it, which is how I ended up with so many Disney bags. I'm going to have a harder time on our next trip now that I'm reminded of the shipping option.
Consider it done .

Yeah, that shipping option will get you every time because it leaves no reason to hold back on buying things .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #1115
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
I hope someone makes a video walking around the outside of the VGF building. I'd like to get a feel of the views. I'm staying standard view and love to see palm trees.
I'd love to see that too!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #1116
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm good....how are you?

Thanks alot, Mickeynut! I'm doing great! There's nothing in my suitcase yet, but I told my sister I was going to start putting things in today. That'll make it seem closer...

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #1117
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks alot, Mickeynut! I'm doing great! There's nothing in my suitcase yet, but I told my sister I was going to start putting things in today. That'll make it seem closer...
Not a problem ....glad things are well with you . Yay for having your suitcase out......it won't be long before you're on your way .
Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #1118
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

26 more days until we are at THE GRAND!! Can't wait since it is our first time and celebrating my birthday. Now if I could be turning back the clock and be celebrating my 30th instead of my 50th then it would be an extra special celebration!!
The suitcases are out but nothing is in them yet. But we are bursting with excitement!!
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

MrsJ Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #1119
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
26 more days until we are at THE GRAND!! Can't wait since it is our first time and celebrating my birthday. Now if I could be turning back the clock and be celebrating my 30th instead of my 50th then it would be an extra special celebration!!
The suitcases are out but nothing is in them yet. But we are bursting with excitement!!
My next birthday will be my 50th as well. That's ok, we are 30 where it counts, on the inside

I often celebrate my bday at Disney since it usually falls on or near Easter week.

Wear your pin and have fun!

Oh, and have a happy 50th Birthday

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 19 16

Last edited by trishadono; 10-23-2013 at 04:15 PM.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #1120
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
My next birthday will be my 50th as well. That's ok, we are 30 where it counts, on the inside

I often celebrate my bday at Disney since it usually falls on or near Easter week.

Wear your pin and have fun!

Oh, and have a happy 50th Birthday
Thank you and Yes I'll be wearing my pin.
If I have to turn 50 then there's no better place to celebrate. And yes I absolutely feel 30 on the inside!!!
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

MrsJ Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #1121
ahcupcake
Mouseketeer

Good Evening

Have some friends down there now and they posted this on FB, it's a pic of the new bedding.. Not sure if this is color palette is just temporary or if this will be permanent after the refurb.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #1122
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Consider it done .

Yeah, that shipping option will get you every time because it leaves no reason to hold back on buying things .
I'm afraid...very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I'd love to see that too!
I'm hopeful we'll see something - I've been reading on the DVC forums today. Guess it's a little too early.

Quote:
Always makes it seem real, doesn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
It will be here before you know it! Congrats on the upcoming milestone, when I turned 50 I felt like I had accomplished something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Good Evening

Have some friends down there now and they posted this on FB, it's a pic of the new bedding.. Not sure if this is color palette is just temporary or if this will be permanent after the refurb.

Um...is that black?!? Thanks for the photo, very interesting.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #1123
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Um...is that black?!? Thanks for the photo, very interesting.
'Eek!!!', was my first thought, too. It seems an odd choice if permanent.

I have quite a time to wait to see for myself, though. Tonight fortnight and it will be 180-day ADR time. Minutes are flying like hours.

followthatmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #1124
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Good Evening

I don't hate it. I like it better than the bedspreads, but knowing there is a room refurb about to happen, I think the rest of the decor will probably change (furniture and stuff) to make the bedding really work. I'm thinking of that bubbly headboard at the villas...which I'm kind of undecided about...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #1125
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Ya know I like Mickey black, I use it in my signature. But like K&A&C'S mom, yikes that does NOT go with the colors at GF

I will be there soon and will let you know if CL rooms also made to look out of place.

I am definitely packing a blanket just case triple sheeting

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 19 16

Last edited by trishadono; 10-23-2013 at 06:26 PM.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: