Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #91
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
A week from now I will be checking into the Grand.... but today I'm taking my oldest to college for the first time. It will be our first family trip to WDW without her.
So now I don't know if I should be laughing or crying. Maybe both. *sigh*
Aww, sorry Mom. Another for you. It is so hard when they go off to college, isn't it?! All mine are out of college now, living their own lives. My DD is my travel buddy, so I still get to have trips with her, but they are less often. DH is NOT a WDW fan, so...~sigh~

Safe travels today, try not to be too depressed on the way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I didn't expect to cry when we dropped our oldest off at college, but I did.

And the first trip without him felt weird, like we were incomplete.

But there were also nice things about it, too. And it was really nice to be able to pay a little extra attention to the younger ones.

Have fun on your trip.
I know exactly what you mean, the house doesn't feel the same, the family dynamic is changed. Hard. Sounds like you've found some positives, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
Just think school is not forever and they will join you again someday, I have felt that way too!!! Sometimes I wish things could stay the same
Oh, how many times have I wished we could go back and start all over again?! I tell all new parents I interact with to cherish every moment, even the frustrating ones when you just want to get them fed, bathed and into bed. Sweet days.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #92
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Oops, almost forgot! I added suite photos in post #6 (and some links at the top to previous FAQs with posts of suite photos) and some deluxe queen photos in post #5, if anyone wants to take a look. A link to the garden view - outer building photos from way back, at the top of post #5.

Edited to add: I reworked the links to take you directly to the posts, rather than the page and having to scroll down. Duh. Don't know what took me so long! (except for Misti's, she has so many great photos on that page - so many great photos, period)
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 08-23-2013 at 10:41 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #93
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A week from now I will be checking into the Grand.... but today I'm taking my oldest to college for the first time. It will be our first family trip to WDW without her.
Both! Took our dd to college yesterday and oh does it hurt today. Made the mistake of going in her room this morning.

To ease the pain I booked my dh and I for the Grand in November for a weekend(got sitter for ds).

I have gone on mom n me trips with each of my two kids and just think about the extra TLC you can give with one less competing for your attention

Safe travels today and enjoy!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #94
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

BethClayton HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! and congrats on that awesome upgrade!! What a great way to celebrate!!

MickeyNut Has anyone seen the map of the GF that belongs on the first page of this thread??!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.. you know I am just teasing you!!!

Quote:
Woohoo I week to go! ... I remember dropping my oldest child off at college for the first time...not an easy task.... hang in there ..at least you have your trip to cheer you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
Just think school is not forever and they will join you again someday, I have felt that way too!!! Sometimes I wish things could stay the same
I agree..the time just flies ...glad we made all of those Disney memories thru the years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

Both! Took our dd to college yesterday and oh does it hurt today. Made the mistake of going in her room this morning.

To ease the pain I booked my dh and I for the Grand in November for a weekend(got sitter for ds).

I have gone on mom n me trips with each of my two kids and just think about the extra TLC you can give with one less competing for your attention

Yay for booking a weekend get away to ease the taking DD to college pain... I have always done those mom and me trips with all of my kids..and now as young adults they still remember them so fondly... We are all so lucky to be able to say that...its nice to that our fondness for Disney has been a fun bonding factor...

k&a&c'smom Reworking the links... Hope that you didn't move the map!!???? LOL..don't want any confusion.. We are at the same young adult stage..and it has taken some getting used too... But I will admit...DH and I do enjoy the peace and quiet some times! and those adult only trips to WDW...my DH is not quite the fan that I am a big ~sigh~ here too....but my DD is always willing to be my travel buddy..(when her schedule permits that is..)...

I have been checking summer 2014 dates..yet again.... and there are no SL rooms showing availibility in June and still no RPC ones in July.. so it is looking like there must be refurbs going on then....

Last edited by BlueSkies; 08-23-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #95
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Ok...after all of my teasing... I see the link to the aerial map of the GF...but..I do not see the general map??? Hmmmm....

Old 08-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #96
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
BethClayton HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! and congrats on that awesome upgrade!! What a great way to celebrate!!

MickeyNut Has anyone seen the map of the GF that belongs on the first page of this thread??!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.. you know I am just teasing you!!!

Woohoo I week to go! ... I remember dropping my oldest child off at college for the first time...not an easy task.... hang in there ..at least you have your trip to cheer you!

I agree..the time just flies ...glad we made all of those Disney memories thru the years...

Yay for booking a weekend get away to ease the taking DD to college pain... I have always done those mom and me trips with all of my kids..and now as young adults they still remember them so fondly... We are all so lucky to be able to say that...its nice to that our fondness for Disney has been a fun bonding factor...

k&a&c'smom Reworking the links... Hope that you didn't move the map!!???? LOL..don't want any confusion.. We are at the same young adult stage..and it has taken some getting used too... But I will admit...DH and I do enjoy the peace and quiet some times! and those adult only trips to WDW...my DH is not quite the fan that I am a big ~sigh~ here too....but my DD is always willing to be my travel buddy..(when her schedule permits that is..)...

I have been checking summer 2014 dates..yet again.... and there are no SL rooms showing availibility in June and still no RPC ones in July.. so it is looking like there must be refurbs going on then....
I know there were rumors going around about refurb at GF....do you know if it supposed to just be a soft goods refurb? That would be exciting to get a new room in August at Sugarloaf!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #97
garada3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

I told my husband this very idea yesterday!

We took our oldest DS to college Wednesday (miss him). I suggested to DH that, in four years, after third son has his move to college day we should be leaving for the Grand the very next day! He said great idea!

Imagine the care package you can put together for your daughter on your weekend trip
Old 08-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #98
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garada3 View Post
I told my husband this very idea yesterday!

We took our oldest DS to college Wednesday (miss him). I suggested to DH that, in four years, after third son has his move to college day we should be leaving for the Grand the very next day! He said great idea!

Imagine the care package you can put together for your daughter on your weekend trip
The new Vera Disney bags will be in so I will definitely get one for her.

I booked us at GF/VGF January 1-5 so we can have a few days to re-bond with each other. DS and DD really spend more actual time together at Disney vs anything else.(no friends getting in the way)

I got annual passes this year and really have been packing in the trips

Hopefully your DS will call/keep in touch Boys don't usually do as much as girls. I think my son could go a month without talking to me yet dd and are bff's.

Hang in there. I have been told by end of Christmas break we are ready for them to leave again

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 08-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #99
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Are there any pics of Tpv from an outer building? I can't seem to find any. Just a few from the main building, we would prefer being closer to the water.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #100
Traceylee
Earning My Ears

We are staying at GF for the first time in November. I am so looking forward to it. It's been my dream to stay here. I had originally booked the Poly as DH wanted to stay there; but with the upcoming construction, we decided to switch resorts. DH isn't too thrilled about GF either. Although, I must admit that I'm not overly thrilled with the room decor (bedspreads). I hope it's prettier in person.

11/02-POFQ * 7/04-Disneyland/PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF

NEXT: AKL/NOV '14
Old 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #101
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Am I crazy or are there only four small dresser drawers? That can't be ? Please tell me I am missing something.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #102
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

From what I think I can tell there are only 4 dresser drawers and the coffe maker is in the bathroom? I thought all the deluxe had that small pantry /closet area? I know poly/wl/cr are designed this way. This would be the deal breaker for me, 9 days with 4 people in the current room configuration would not work for us, perhaps the impending rehab will address this? please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #103
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, thank you all for the birthday wishes! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude today for such an amazing birthday and reading all the birthday wishes on this thread has me welling up again!

It has been an amazing day. Last night I had fabulous time with family and friends. The hotel sent me an awesome basket of goodies and chocolates (will post pics of all of this, I promise!). Today my BFF sent me flowers. We all slept in (last night may have been a little too much fun!), had a great breakfast at the lounge, then headed to MK. I cried as soon as I went through the gate and saw the "let the memories begin" sign. Then, I cried again when I saw the castle, just so amazed and thankful to be there on my bday. The "move it shake it celebrate it" parade was just going down main street and most of the performers wished me a happy birthday on their way past me. I just blubbered like a baby. Later in the store in toontown, the cm in the candy place said it was also her birthday today, and she asked me to pick out whatever I wanted for free. You used it- cried again, lol. We ended our time at MK with splash mountain, my favorite ride, and rode the boat back to the resort for snacks and scones!

Thank you all again, it was so sweet to get those birthday wishes! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #104
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
Oh my goodness, thank you all for the birthday wishes! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude today for such an amazing birthday and reading all the birthday wishes on this thread has me welling up again!

It has been an amazing day. Last night I had fabulous time with family and friends. The hotel sent me an awesome basket of goodies and chocolates (will post pics of all of this, I promise!). Today my BFF sent me flowers. We all slept in (last night may have been a little too much fun!), had a great breakfast at the lounge, then headed to MK. I cried as soon as I went through the gate and saw the "let the memories begin" sign. Then, I cried again when I saw the castle, just so amazed and thankful to be there on my bday. The "move it shake it celebrate it" parade was just going down main street and most of the performers wished me a happy birthday on their way past me. I just blubbered like a baby. Later in the store in toontown, the cm in the candy place said it was also her birthday today, and she asked me to pick out whatever I wanted for free. You used it- cried again, lol. We ended our time at MK with splash mountain, my favorite ride, and rode the boat back to the resort for snacks and scones!

Thank you all again, it was so sweet to get those birthday wishes! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now.
What a great day ,,, thanks for sharing! Have fun

Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #105
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post

what a great birthday!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: