Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #976
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Isn't it so pretty?! Very hard to choose, which is why we are happy whichever view we get in SL. My biggest request is "non-dormer" and "non-connecting" rather than which view.
Oh yes, those are interesting requests...the dormer rooms are smaller, aren't they?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #977
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Oh yes, those are interesting requests...the dormer rooms are smaller, aren't they?
They can be, although I've read of posters who felt their room was about the same size as a regular room, and after the 2007 renovations I saw photos of rooms that had the daybed added. As far as I know, there are still some dormers with a daybed, some without - but if anyone has better info on that, don't hesitate to add it!

With the vaulted ceilings, the rooms do have a more airy quality. My main problem is the dormer balcony, they are enclosed and I prefer the open fencing on the regular balconies.

The "non-connecting" request started years ago, when we had several visits in a row (USO, too, not just WDW) where we had noisy neighbors that kept us up at night! It is very difficult for me to get a non-connecting room, which is why I'm always surprised when guests post they asked FOR a connecting room and didn't get it!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #978
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi to pas . Too funny about wanting to possibly make a resort change if she came over here .
Well I managed to make a change to Sugarloaf anyway.... from WL CL...from June to August.. I have a quick Dec. trip and we will be at Poly at a great rate..no changes there...no changes there, Hi back at ya

Quote:
Give pas my love, I need to pop into the RC thread to say hey. I rarely venture out of my own little corner of the DIS.
Missed you! Felt the Grand love all the way over on the RC thread. You are welcome ANYTIME!!! I shall roll out the red carpet for my Grand hostess!

Quote:
Thanks for posting the link to the Sugarloaf pictures!!
Sugarloaf rocks!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 10-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #979
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
We booked our trip today! We will be at the GF 5/31-6/7. This will be my 3 nieces first trip to WDW and we are so excited to get to experience it with them! I am sure I will have lots of questions in the coming months- thanks for all the help so far
Congratulations on booking your trip.... There is something so special about seeing Disney thru the eyes of a child...Have a magical trip!

k&a&c'smom More lovely photos! Thank you!!

Funny thing about the connecting rooms..I don't like them either...not so much for noise reasons.. I just don't??? LOL ..I have added the ones that I know of that are not connecting on my "list" LOL...

How did I miss posting at the same time this morning?? LOL.. My telepathy must be off today!

As for the dormer rooms...have had one only once I think...those vaulted ceilings really do give the room a larger feel...too bad that they don't have a nice open balcony...also if I remember correctly..it had no daybed..

BCV How wonderful that you will be staying at VGF!! And to be there on opening week!!! ...So exciting!

Mickeynut Two days in a row!! We sure do have a lot to talk about!!! LOL..Any more conversations and I don't know how many trips we will end up booking for next year... LOL..

grannyminnie I am packed... Ready to repack...I need to stop checking the weather reports! You are almost at single digits!!!

pas We are big fans of SL in the summertime too! Cant beat that location..especially if you are enjoying some pool time... Looks like you have a few trips coming up! How nice!

To all of my fellow GF fans..Have a fabulous Friday!!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 10-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #980
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Well I managed to make a change to Sugarloaf anyway.... from WL CL...from June to August.. I have a quick Dec. trip and we will be at Poly at a great rate..no changes there...no changes there, Hi back at ya

Missed you! Felt the Grand love all the way over on the RC thread. You are welcome ANYTIME!!! I shall roll out the red carpet for my Grand hostess!

Sugarloaf rocks!!!
Hey, you! Good to "see" you! I'm sorry I didn't make it to the RC thread, I've been busy posting photos.

SL does rock, we really enjoy it. It has gotten harder to snag it with a discount, though, we rarely book far enough out. YAY for your great rate at Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
k&a&c'smom More lovely photos! Thank you!!

Funny thing about the connecting rooms..I don't like them either...not so much for noise reasons.. I just don't??? LOL ..I have added the ones that I know of that are not connecting on my "list" LOL...

How did I miss posting at the same time this morning?? LOL.. My telepathy must be off today!

As for the dormer rooms...have had one only once I think...those vaulted ceilings really do give the room a larger feel...too bad that they don't have a nice open balcony...also if I remember correctly..it had no daybed..

I am packed... Ready to repack...I need to stop checking the weather reports! You are almost at single digits!!!

To all of my fellow GF fans..Have a fabulous Friday!!
Packed already?! Look at you go! LOL about being ready to repack. The weather in Orlando next week looks pretty good, maybe a slight chance of rain but I bet that doesn't end up to be much.

Yep, you didn't mirror my post this morning. But BCV23 did, so I didn't feel lonely.

We did not have a daybed in the one dormer we had, either. I think it was in 2007, as it was Conch Key (the view photos I posted earlier, I checked and it was 7501) but in the spring, prior to the renovations.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 10-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #981
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

SO EXCITED!!!!! It is official. Permits were filed yesterday for the room refurbs at the Grand. All the buildings were listed on the permit filing post on the other forum website but I have not had time to follow the permit link to read the permits myself. I hope to have time tomorrow unless one of you guys beat me to it I found it over on the "magic" website under the rumors and news board and the WDW Permits thread....first post scrolling down to Oct 17. YAY!!!

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #982
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
SO EXCITED!!!!! It is official. Permits were filed yesterday for the room refurbs at the Grand. All the buildings were listed on the permit filing post on the other forum website but I have not had time to follow the permit link to read the permits myself. I hope to have time tomorrow unless one of you guys beat me to it I found it over on the "magic" website under the rumors and news board and the WDW Permits thread....first post scrolling down to Oct 17. YAY!!!
Wow, I can't wait to see what they will do to the rooms!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #983
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cool! Looking at the permits and drawings right now - but I'm not good at deciphering these things.

ETA: Looks like it is the permit and drawings of the location of each building. I don't see any room descriptions, but as I said, I'm terrible at it.

ETA: LOL - it's funny that on several of the diagrams, Narcoossee's is called "Seafood Lounge Bldg." and the Summerhouse is the "Snack Bar Bldg."!

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 10-18-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #984
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

I went and peeked at the permits. Very interesting that permits were also filed yesterday for room rehabs at Boardwalk Inn, Coronado Springs, and Yacht Club. The permits for these resorts describe the resort in whole while the GF permits show a separate page filed for each building. I wonder if this will be a more extensive rehab as it also mentions it lasting thru April 2015. Also interesting is that Beach Club was rehabbed before Yacht Club last time....was it not? But I saw no mention of a Beach Club room rehab filing.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 10-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #985
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Where are these permits? I work in construction and would like to read any permits or plans
Old 10-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #986
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went and peeked at the permits. Very interesting that permits were also filed yesterday for room rehabs at Boardwalk Inn, Coronado Springs, and Yacht Club. The permits for these resorts describe the resort in whole while the GF permits show a separate page filed for each building. I wonder if this will be a more extensive rehab as it also mentions it lasting thru April 2015. Also interesting is that Beach Club was rehabbed before Yacht Club last time....was it not? But I saw no mention of a Beach Club room rehab filing.
Yeah, and it wasn't that long ago for Y&BC! Same time as the BWI refurb, or close to it. I wonder why YC & BWI are already doing another room renovation? As you say, maybe it is a less extensive rehab, new carpeting or something?

I noticed the permit for BWI says the expiration is 9/27/2014 - but the YC permit says its expiration is 9/27/2013! Kind of hard to do when you sign it on 10/17/2013!

ETA: DisneyDmbNut, here is the link.

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 10-18-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #987
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Thanks! Wonder why they need surveys for room rehabs.. But usually NOC's can be vague
Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #988
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Thanks! Wonder why they need surveys for room rehabs.. But usually NOC's can be vague
I don't think they needed a survey, I think they provided an existing survey for the legal description. ?? I don't know that, just guessing from reading the documents - the way they are worded show they were drawn quite some time ago.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #989
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
I don't think they needed a survey, I think they provided an existing survey for the legal description. ?? I don't know that, just guessing from reading the documents - the way they are worded show they were drawn quite some time ago.
Weird.. We never provide a survey for a NOC.. A NOC is just a court recording that work is being done so people who work under that notice can legally notify the owner they are entitled to payment.

PCL is a large construction company in Florida.. They do schools, hotels..so they must be plaiting something large..not just carpet or paint. More structural
Old 10-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #990
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
We booked our trip today! We will be at the GF 5/31-6/7. This will be my 3 nieces first trip to WDW and we are so excited to get to experience it with them! I am sure I will have lots of questions in the coming months- thanks for all the help so far
How exciting.....you're going to love the GF....it's a great place for your 3 nieces first trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
We are staying in the villas and can't wait. No, we haven't purchased VGF. We have quite a few points and are probably done buying points unless we sell some of our other contracts. I just wish the VGF and villas at the Polynesian (do they have a name yet?) were built earlier.

mickeynut1, Thanks for the good wishes. I'm sorry you needed to move your trip a bit but now you get to do more planning! Have fun.
The villas look beautiful. I can't wait to hear all about your stay when you return.....and hopefully you'll have some pics to share . Thanks about my trip, but I'm ok with pushing it back as I'm getting excited to be back at the Grand in March .

Quote:
So, what is everyone's favorite Sugarloaf view -- marina or courtyard? And why?
We had a marina view and it was great. I loved going out on the balcony early in the morning.....it was so peaceful . With that said, I'm sure courtyard view is just as nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Oh, I would like to hear this too...can you see the monorail from SL?
We were able to see a little stretch of the monorail from our SL room .

Quote:
mickeynut - thanks about the photos!

It is hard to try new resorts when you want to stay at your old favorite, which is why we started doing split stays. New resort for a couple days first, then on to the one we love. Can't blame you for wanting to stick with the MK area, we love the whole MK aura.
You're welcome....they are great pics . My DH really isn't into splits as he likes to "settle" in once we get there. Yeah, there's something about the MK area that gets me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
LOL on the change . The WL is an awesome resort, but so is the GF.....I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Mickeynut Two days in a row!! We sure do have a lot to talk about!!! LOL..Any more conversations and I don't know how many trips we will end up booking for next year... LOL..
Yes, we do . And I agree.....if we keep chatting so often, there's no telling just how many trips we'll plan .

Quote:
Thanks for posting this .

Quote:
ETA: Looks like it is the permit and drawings of the location of each building. I don't see any room descriptions, but as I said, I'm terrible at it.
I didn't either .

Quote:
I didn't see permits for those other resorts. Is there a different link for those?? It is strange that there are permits for the YC and not BC as it has been mentioned that refurbs are supposed to begin at the BC soon, starting with the CL lounge/floor...with the YC getting refurbs once the BC is done. And I didn't think BWI was done that long ago .

Quote:
I wonder why YC & BWI are already doing another room renovation? As you say, maybe it is a less extensive rehab, new carpeting or something?
From what I've been reading here on the boards, the BC lounge is supposed to be a total refurb with an expansion .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: