Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #751
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Love reading about everyone's plans for their upcoming trips!

BlueSkies - We, too, have paid nearly $20 for the ride from MK area to Epcot resort area. The cab ride to any MK area resort from another MK area resort is so short, and very little traffic, which makes it fairly inexpensive.

We prefer CP over 1900 PF, too. We had b'fast at 1900 a few years ago due to our newbie wanting to see those characters, hadn't been there in years. The food was OK, but we like the choices at CP. GFC is our go-to for b'fast and lunch, love that place!

Maxie86 - I get what you are saying regarding changing all FP+ choices to another park - it would be nice, but not sure it will happen. I know you are right, there will be tweaks to the system after all the testing. I'm looking forward to more reports in the coming weeks.

Reading trishadono's FP+ plans made me realize - we often do two parks in one day! I guess that means one of them will not get any FP+ choices, right? That may affect our future decisions regarding purchase of Park Hoppers.

Sorry about the AP frustration with the RFID. We had regular passes this last trip, didn't think about the APs being different. I hope that all works out as time passes, too.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #752
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Maxie I seem to remember you making more than one stop to Boardwalk Joe's for pineapple margaritas on our last trip!!

I agree about the sometimes spotty monorail service..and we too use water launches more and more..

Good to know about being able to change FP+ times..??? I might be able to figure that out someday!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Hi Blue...I'm here now. No Magicbands ordering yet. My sister is not home and I assume (tho I haven't looked yet) that I will need her pass number to order hers.
As for dining, no, I have not made any ressies for that, but we have talked about trying Citricos for the first time. We don't care for 1900 Park Fare either, especially when compared to CP. It's our favorite buffet, I think. We also really enjoy the GF Cafe; you think we need ressies for that the first week of November? We really have not talked about food yet much! Can you believe it?? (for sure, always about the food! At least in my family.. )
Haven't discussed dining yet? Get moving girl! Its always about the food!!

While I do think that you are ok not making ressies for the GFC..I would recommend that you do make one for Citricos...I think that does book up...That will be on the must do for next trip...LOL...we always do that or Narcoosees...which also needs to be booked in advance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Yes, my niece is already being brainwashed . She has numerous stuffed Minnie Mouse's along with quite a few outfits . I told my SIL that if she doesn't like Disney/Minnie Mouse now, she eventually will .
You brainwashing your niece....who would have thought!!! Can you even count how many Mickey/Minnie things you have gotten her already!??

I really hope that you can work out a family trip...being there for her very first Disney trip will be extra special...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Morning GF peeps!

Waiting for pics of VGF! Who is going to be there at opening? Only a few weeks now.
I will be there Trisha Not staying at VGF ...but I will be staying at the GF!! Incase you were wondering??? I plan on visiting the property..wonder if they will be doing anything special that day?? I'll be sure to let you all know...

Thanks for sharing your touring plans...sounds like you have a nice blend of resort time and park time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yeah, it says BWI....

The only thing certain about that is that it's bound to change 145 times between now and August. I am an extreme resort changer.

The GF is a beautiful resort, no doubt. I do have fear about booking a monorail resort though, given the upcoming Poly DVC construction. As we know, construction at one of them can affect monorail service at the others, and it's just not a risk I want to take.

My DH is celebrating his birthday for our trip next August, so I let him choose. He has wanted BWI forever, and the kids love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. Win~win.
Gotta make the birthday boy happy!

Well...good luck with all of the resort changing! LOL.. I stayed BWI CL for the very first time this past winter... was there with my Disney pal Maxie86 ..and as you can see she liked it so much she went back this fall... ( I liked it too..but I am the opposite of a resort changer..lol..and always just want to stay at the GF..LOL..)

I will be interested to see where you finally decide to stay! No matter where Im sure it will be a great trip!

Hello to all of my fellow GF fans...Hope that you all have a magical Monday!!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 10-07-2013 at 12:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #753
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom Could it be that we were posting at the same time!!!???

You have a very good point about how FP+ will affect the decision to visit two parks in a day...We do this some times too.... Morning in one park...some relaxing resort time..and then eveing in another park... I bet lots of other people tour that way too...It will be interesting to see what evolves...

Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #754
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
k&a&c'smom Could it be that we were posting at the same time!!!???

You have a very good point about how FP+ will affect the decision to visit two parks in a day...We do this some times too.... Morning in one park...some relaxing resort time..and then eveing in another park... I bet lots of other people tour that way too...It will be interesting to see what evolves...
How does that keep happening?!

I'm hoping we get lots more FP+ info in the next few weeks. Note: Sorry to anyone looking for GF info for the OT discussion, I keep getting sidetracked by all the details.

Can't wait for your report on the opening of VGF!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 10-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #755
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
For mine with Dh and I for 11/8-11 I did this. We are staying CL so I want to be at resort in afternoon poolside and there for tea and 5pm apps. So I thought what ride(s) do I really want??

Friday night I did Buzz5-6, TM 6-7(park closing early MVMCP). DH loves TM !

Saturday, RR5-6, TTM 6-7 and TOT 7-8. Park closes at 8. (it will be tight for 5-6 but Dh likes other 2 better and we can do that in January)

Sunday I did Epcot so 545-645 TT, 645-745 Soarin 745-845 SE.(only do if bored but F&W so prob skip) Soarin was a must do for DH

I am going to try rope drop and get on rides then and see if that works. It looked like FP's were available at 9am so not sure how long stand by lines will be. DH is not a big ride person so this will be a test for family trip in Jan.

We usually do one park for open and a different for night. SO Sat morning we will do Epcot and try Soarin and TT and then lunch at F&W then back to hotel and then evening plans.

Sunday morning we will do MK and prob do TM, HM, POC, maybe lunch at Kona Café or CC's.(need a poly visit)

SO I am planned but have lots of free time. I did the must do's at night because the lines then are always long. If get to park at rope drops something will be available.
Wow, trishadono, I can see that you REALLY worked on those fastpasses!! Makes me tired! When my sister and I get our act together to make decisions, I hope we can agree on which 3 to choose, if we are indeed sure that you can only choose 3 attractions in a day...

Seems like alot of us enjoy CP more than we do 1900 Park Fare...and thanks Blue, for the suggestion that we make ressies for Citricos. Will do!

Old 10-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #756
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Hi friends Hope everyone had a good day.

We like CP better than 1900 as well. To us, the food and service is better at CP. Ate there twice in July, 0 at 1900.

Maxie86 - Boston Strong! Go Red Sox!

A good questions about the FP+ if you can use them the same day in two parks. Would love to know the answer. Didn't think of that.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #757
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post

We like CP better than 1900 as well. To us, the food and service is better at CP. Ate there twice in July, 0 at 1900.

A good questions about the FP+ if you can use them the same day in two parks. Would love to know the answer. Didn't think of that.
CP? My cheat sheet is missing. Do you mind filling me in?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #758
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
CP? My cheat sheet is missing. Do you mind filling me in?
Crystal Palace.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #759
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hey, MommyGina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Crystal Palace.
I had to post when I saw you have switched your next trip to AKL!

(Not that AKL is ridiculous - we love it - just that last time you posted, I think it was BWI?)
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #760
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post

Hi MommyGina

I really enjoy all of the GFs dining options including Gasparilla's..with the exception of 1900 PF...I know that at dinner the step sisters are a hoot..But as we all seem to agree CP is the fave character meal /buffet by far...

As for Maxie86..not only is she a Boston RS fan..she is a NY Yankee fan as well! She sure does love her sports!

Mousemommy I see there has been a little more resort changing going on!!!!!!!!! LOL....Maybe by trip time you will even be back at the GF!!

Granny You are very welcome! Good luck with the ressies! Hope that you get whatever you choose...

k&a&c Are you posting by any chance!!!??? lol...

MickeyNut Meant to ask you..do your DB and SIL have any resort preference...You know that I think that the princess' first Disney trip should be at the GF... I think I know what your suggestion would be... Something with a bit more of a tropical theme?? LOL...

Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #761
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You brainwashing your niece....who would have thought!!! Can you even count how many Mickey/Minnie things you have gotten her already!??

I really hope that you can work out a family trip...being there for her very first Disney trip will be extra special...
Yeah, that's not something I would do on purpose ......LOL. I couldn't begin to guess how many Mickey/Minnie things I have gotten her already.....LOL.....but that still doesn't stop me from looking for things every time I go out . Thanks about the family trip.....I hope it all works out too. My SIL has already said I can do all of the planning when they decide to go.....she's more of a last minute trip goer and she knows how much I love Disney and the fact that we've been so many times is a huge advantage .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Can't wait for your report on the opening of VGF!
Me too.....I'm very excited for Blue's report when she returns .

Quote:
MickeyNut Meant to ask you..do your DB and SIL have any resort preference...You know that I think that the princess' first Disney trip should be at the GF... I think I know what your suggestion would be... Something with a bit more of a tropical theme?? LOL...
My DB has actually mentioned in the past that the Poly appeals to him (gotta love him for that ). He said the GF would be nice as well. If a trip does get planned for next summer, the Poly will most likely be out with all of the construction being in full swing by that time. The construction wouldn't bother me, but if the volcano pool was closed and the GCH was being refurbed, those would be deal breakers for me and I wouldn't want everyone else's first trip onsite to be memories of that . I would have to put the GF out there (of course ), but in all honesty, I was telling my DH the other day that my niece would probably love AKL. She LOVES animals and I think she would go crazy being able to see them from her room.....plus AKL is a beautiful resort and my DB loves Boma, so AKL probably wouldn't be a hard sell . Only time will tell, but I'm hoping to be in the planning stages of a big family Disney trip soon .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #762
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

MickeyNut Ya gotta love a brother who is a Poly fan and likes the GF too! And even AKL...! Hope you will be in the planning stages soon too...

Maxie Mr Blue has been quite cooperative this week!!! And we will have some overlapping days.. Looks like he and Mr Maxie will be golfing together in the near future!!

k&a&c'smom Dare I ask..LOL...will I be seeing a post any minute??? LOL..

mousemommy Just wondering..what resort are you booked at today?? LOL... C'mon back to the Grand! You will love it!

Good morning fellow GF fans! Have a terrific Tuesday!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 10-08-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #763
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
k&a&c'smom Dare I ask..LOL...will I be seeing a post any minute??? LOL..

Good morning fellow GF fans! Have a terrific Tuesday!
Why, yes, I am posting right now!

mickeynut - We love AKL, it would be a beautiful choice for your niece. Enjoy your planning, a big family trip sounds wonderful. I wish my DH loved WDW; he gets motion sick on highway exit ramps, so his experience of the parks was mostly waiting for the fam to finish a ride. I keep telling him, we don't do commando touring any more, but he's not listening.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #764
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm over the moon that our GF trip is coming up in 12 days!

Question for you veterans of GF!

1. What is the one thing that is going to throw me over the top and make me stop in my tracks?

2. In what area will I find myself wanting to linger?

3. What one food item from a GF restaurant (any of them) will visit me in my dreams at night and I will possibly eat it more than once?

4. Where will I stop and stare and say, "Why oh why didn't I bring my Canon rebel camera?!"

5. What will make me think, "Hmmm...this isn't what I was picturing..."

I SO look forward to your answers!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #765
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

Walking to TTC?

Hi everyone!!

I have another question to add to the poster above. Has anyone walked form the GF to the TTC? I am a very fast walker and am wondering if that will save me time in getting from the GF to Epcot.

Thanks!!

PS -- UPDATE -- I just found this thread with my answer! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2723133

2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
2013 - Grand Floridian / Polynesian
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1996, 1998 - Dixie Landings / Poly
1993 - Holiday Inn

Last edited by DisneyFave; 10-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: