Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #631
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Think about CL. You don't want to be at parks and miss 5pm apps. So want rides after 6:30. Then there were not many times available. I didn't want afternoon because we always stay at are resort then. Mornings I am hoping if get breakfast in lounge then head out for rope drop I can at least get one or two in before busy.

They were offering times at 9 am so not sure if stand by line is going to be long or not. Currently you had until 9:40 until fast passes started and I could get in 3 rides that way.

Good news DH loves only one ride at each park so I did his for 7pm each night so at least he will be happy

Fri will be ThunderMTN, Sat 2 actually, TSM/TOT, Sun Soarin

I can't imagine trying to do a whole week without losing my mind. It was a lot of work just to finagle a single ride and time.

GOOD luck for those who get FP+ soon. It was kind of tricky and I am usually good with that stuff. Disney made it hard to get two rollercoasters unless you want to be in the park 12-4pm time. (we do not).
You know, trishadono, that DOES sound like a lot of work just to get your fastpasses lined up in advance!! Not sure I'd be happy to have to do that!!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #632
DrDoodle
Earning My Ears

GF newbie here. Stay starting oct 4. We have requested connecting rooms. My husband and I will be running the ToT 10 miler late on Saturday night, so my (adult) sister will need to put her DD7, DD2 and my DD3 and DD5 to bed that night. Any tips on getting our request? I know it won't be guaranteed, but I'd like to increase my odd!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #633
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle View Post
GF newbie here. Stay starting oct 4. We have requested connecting rooms. My husband and I will be running the ToT 10 miler late on Saturday night, so my (adult) sister will need to put her DD7, DD2 and my DD3 and DD5 to bed that night. Any tips on getting our request? I know it won't be guaranteed, but I'd like to increase my odd!
If one of you can arrive early and check in that helps. That person can ask if connecting and they can get it fixed if needed.

Good luck!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #634
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
You know, trishadono, that DOES sound like a lot of work just to get your fastpasses lined up in advance!! Not sure I'd be happy to have to do that!!
I agree grannyminnie.....sounds like more work than I would be up for . We are a go-with-flow kind of family and if we get a fastpass for a ride, great; if not, we're fine with that too. I love making ADRs and deciding where we're going to eat far in advance, but I just can't get into making a decision on rides ahead of time.....especially since we don't decide which park(s) we'll go to which day until we wake up that morning .

Quote:
I would make sure connecting rooms is listed as a request on your reservation and then mention it again at check in. If you are not given connecting rooms upon check in, ask if they are available. Requests are not guaranteed, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you. If connecting rooms aren't available right away, they might be available later on in the day if you're willing to wait for your rooms. Good luck and have a great time at the GF .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #635
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We're staying at the GF in July.
Sorry if I missed the dates that you will be at the GF, but can you let us know again? I'll be there in July too!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #636
IDreamofPoly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishatton View Post
In the exact same boat. Simply not worrying about it. Don't let it wreck your holiday, you earned it.
Thanks for the sympathies everyone!

chrishatton, sorry you've found yourself in the same boat. Hopefully a new opportunity finds you soon. I've been dealing with the same horrible boss for 3 years now, with no improvement. So I'm trying to see the positive side of not having to deal with her anymore. I gave it a fighting chance for 3 years so now it's time to cut my losses, and have fun and move on at Disneyworld!!

DH (30)
Me (28)
DS (19 months)

Disneyland: AP Holders & every year since Birth
WDW: October 2011 (Late Honeymoon at Pop!), July 2012 (1st Anniversary at Caribbean Beach), and October 2013 (DS's 1st Bday at Grand Floridian), June 2014 (Poly!!) September 2014 (CR TPV & BC Split-Stay)
Old 09-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #637
Mainebound
DIS Veteran

Construction?

hi all,

We're thinking of splurging on the GF in February 2014. But when we were walking around GF this past Feb we noticed lots of construction. I 'd rather wait a year if that means things will be done. Does anyone have any information about this? thank you!
Feb 2014 Beach Club/ Royal Pacific Resort, Feb 2013, Dolphin ; June 2012, Windsor Hills "Stich's Hideout" /Royal Pacific Resort, March 2011 WDW Dolphin, August 2009 Hard Rock Hotel, March 2008 Windsor Hills "Lakeview House"/ Portofino Bay, March 2007 Windsor Hills "Gigha Villa", March 2006 Emerald Island "The Bonita", March 2005 Emerald Island "Emerald Footprints" / Wilderness Lodge, March 2004 Swan/ Hard Rock Hotel, March 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 09-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #638
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainebound View Post
hi all,

We're thinking of splurging on the GF in February 2014. But when we were walking around GF this past Feb we noticed lots of construction. I 'd rather wait a year if that means things will be done. Does anyone have any information about this? thank you!
You should be fine for a February trip. The construction you saw was for the new GF villas, which is nearing completion with a mid-October opening date . Rumor has it that room refurbs are scheduled to start sometime next year, but Disney does a great job of doing those with little to no interference to guests .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #639
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Think about CL. You don't want to be at parks and miss 5pm apps. So want rides after 6:30. Then there were not many times available. I didn't want afternoon because we always stay at are resort then. Mornings I am hoping if get breakfast in lounge then head out for rope drop I can at least get one or two in before busy.

They were offering times at 9 am so not sure if stand by line is going to be long or not. Currently you had until 9:40 until fast passes started and I could get in 3 rides that way.

Good news DH loves only one ride at each park so I did his for 7pm each night so at least he will be happy

Fri will be ThunderMTN, Sat 2 actually, TSM/TOT, Sun Soarin

I can't imagine trying to do a whole week without losing my mind. It was a lot of work just to finagle a single ride and time.

GOOD luck for those who get FP+ soon. It was kind of tricky and I am usually good with that stuff. Disney made it hard to get two rollercoasters unless you want to be in the park 12-4pm time. (we do not).
Great touring plans Trisha I like the way you incorporated the lounge time too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishatton View Post
In the exact same boat. Simply not worrying about it. Don't let it wreck your holiday, you earned it.
What a great attitude you have about your situation! Have a magical trip..and hope that things turn around for you after your trip..

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, Blue! I'm going to try and do more as the days go by! (I still think I'm doing something wrong, tho) Had to prepare for a birthday meal this evening, even tho most of the food I picked up from a restaurant...there's still the getting ready!
Hope that the birthday meal went well! I like ordering much better than cooking! More time to enjoy your guests! Any special plans for your upcomming trip ??

Quote:
I see that others have answered your connecting room question....just wanted to say good luck with the ToT marathon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You should be fine for a February trip. The construction you saw was for the new GF villas, which is nearing completion with a mid-October opening date . Rumor has it that room refurbs are scheduled to start sometime next year, but Disney does a great job of doing those with little to no interference to guests .
I agree MickeyNut Disney really does try to make any work that they are doing as unobtrusive as possible...I know that you are anxious to see what will happen at the Poly...but I have a feeling that all of the work they are doing wont have as much of an impact as peeps think...

ahcupcake Hope that you are feeling better...

Well I have some exciting news to share... A good friend is going to Disney next month ..she and her DDs attend the MNSSHP every year...and I mentioned how much I enjoyed going in years past for the party..and she invited me to join them!!! Gotta love good Disney friends!!! So in a month I will be at WDW... And I couldnt be more excited... I need to go and make a new ticker...Now that I know how! LOL...

Fellow GF fans..Hope you are having a terrific Thursday!

PS k&a&c'smom Are you posting about now..by any chance ...LOL...

Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #640
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

Well I have some exciting news to share... A good friend is going to Disney next month ..she and her DDs attend the MNSSHP every year...and I mentioned how much I enjoyed going in years past for the party..and she invited me to join them!!! Gotta love good Disney friends!!! So in a month I will be at WDW... And I couldnt be more excited... I need to go and make a new ticker...Now that I know how! LOL...
Lucky you!

Do I dare ask where you are staying

I owe disney an apology I could not get late night times Friday because MK closing at 7 for mvmcp . I was a good wife. I went back and made sure he had test track at 645 on Sunday too. (I have been on new but he hasn't)

Oh if you see new vera let me know if cute in person

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 09-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #641
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
BCV23 - Welcome back!

Sounds like a wonderful trip - can't wait to see what you think if the VGFs!

We're staying at the GF in July.
My first GF stay was at the end of June into July(2005). It was one of our best family trips.

Is there anything special your family is looking forward too? The 7 dwarf train should be open by then

Old 09-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #642
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Wow! This thread is hopping lately!

We were hoping to return to the Poly/GF this January (16th-21st), but I pulled a total blank and didn't realize that MLK weekend (17-19) is usually blacked out for the RO discount. Just not sure that we will be able to swing it with a RO discount at either of those resorts for only two nights. We could do S/P/D for the length of our stay, but just don't think we would be able to justify paying those rack room rates even with the discounted DDP. Will have to check out what the AAA rate for January at the GF is since maybe that will make a difference for the non-discounted nights. I think that would require our making three reservations, though. How good is Disney about keeping you in the same room even if you have different reservations at the same resort?

Sort of bummed to not return to a monorail resort-- we'll likely end up at the WL this time, which is certainly no hardship, but will miss the sounds of MK across Seven Seas Lagoon.

Will keep you posted if we decide to bite the bullet and return to GF. If anyone has any thoughts/ideas that I may not be thinking of, please do let me know!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 09-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #643
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Wow! This thread is hopping lately!

We were hoping to return to the Poly/GF this January (16th-21st), but I pulled a total blank and didn't realize that MLK weekend (17-19) is usually blacked out for the RO discount. Just not sure that we will be able to swing it with a RO discount at either of those resorts for only two nights. We could do S/P/D for the length of our stay, but just don't think we would be able to justify paying those rack room rates even with the discounted DDP. Will have to check out what the AAA rate for January at the GF is since maybe that will make a difference for the non-discounted nights. I think that would require our making three reservations, though. How good is Disney about keeping you in the same room even if you have different reservations at the same resort?

Sort of bummed to not return to a monorail resort-- we'll likely end up at the WL this time, which is certainly no hardship, but will miss the sounds of MK across Seven Seas Lagoon.

Will keep you posted if we decide to bite the bullet and return to GF. If anyone has any thoughts/ideas that I may not be thinking of, please do let me know!
I know what you mean, the sounds are my favorite

Discounts are so hard to predict

WL is beautiful though. I often take the boat over just to visit the lobby

As far as a busy thread. I have only stayed here twice previously and now I have 4 reservations in the next 4 months. I have 2 split stays.

Have to say the women here are as awesome as GF itself.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #644
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
I know what you mean, the sounds are my favorite Discounts are so hard to predict WL is beautiful though. I often take the boat over just to visit the lobby As far as a busy thread. I have only stayed here twice previously and now I have 4 reservations in the next 4 months. I have 2 split stays. Have to say the women here are as awesome as GF itself.
Agreed on all counts! The lovely ladies on here are among my favorites on the DIS. k&a&c'smom knows how often I am posting on here even when I don't have a trip to the Grand planned!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 09-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #645
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

First stay at GF... should I request rooms?

Hi everyone!!

I am very excited for my first GF stay (a lifelong dream) and my fist solo trip November 10-12. Just two nights since I'd start to miss the hubby after that, but I couldn't be happier and seriously think I might cry tears of joy when I check in. I'll also catch Food & Wine, the Osborne lights, and MVMCP!

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a room request? I booked the cheapest level--outer building garden view. But since I like to write outside in the mornings, a nice balcony view wouldn't hurt

Also--will the Christmas decorations be up in the lobby by November 10?

Thanks y'all!!

2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
2013 - Grand Floridian / Polynesian
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1996, 1998 - Dixie Landings / Poly
1993 - Holiday Inn

Last edited by DisneyFave; 09-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: