Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #616
Hedobaby
Earning My Ears

Location: I live in Devon England But I am a Floridian who grew up addicted Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
did you get magicbands? I would keep looking. According to the boards they are adding resorts at odd times.
YES we got the magic bands! I can not believe our luck! A whole week at GF AND magic bands!! We are doing a split stay so will be able to take our magic bands along for the November part of our trip as well at Port Orleans It just gets better and better!

Now IF I can get the perfect photo with the 7 dwarves and a reservation at CRT then my life will be complete!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #617
IDreamofPoly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
just wanted to say hello to everyone! i keep reading and i keep trying so hard to get back into this thread but instead i am just hating the fact that we don't have another trip planned.

a few days before my trip i found out that my hours were most likely going to be cut at work by about 75%. while on my trip i got some news that looked like that might not be the case. then right after i returned i found that for sure, they were cut by about that much. it's a much longer story than that but it's been a roller coaster. anyway.... with my hours being cut so drastically i can't even think about planning a trip. i need to spend a few months getting a handle of what our finances even are now, before i know what we're dealing with. so.... i keep opening this thread excitedly and then get so bummed out because it just reminds me of how much everything (as in my whole life!) is so up in the air. i know we will be back to disney within a year or so, no matter what (that is a priority to me and i will make it work), but the details are very unknown, which stinks. first world problem, i know.

i'm hoping that "outing myself" for the reason why i haven't been posting may help me start posting more, lol!
It's hard economic times these days. I just found out I'm laid off as of Friday, and we leave for our paid GF SL trip on Friday. Nice vacay huh? On the positive side, I HATED my boss, so it will be wonderful to get away from all that mess. Guess I'll be job hunting when we get back from WDW.

DH (30)
Me (28)
DS (19 months)

Disneyland: AP Holders & every year since Birth
WDW: October 2011 (Late Honeymoon at Pop!), July 2012 (1st Anniversary at Caribbean Beach), and October 2013 (DS's 1st Bday at Grand Floridian), June 2014 (Poly!!) September 2014 (CR TPV & BC Split-Stay)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #618
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedobaby View Post
YES we got the magic bands! I can not believe our luck! A whole week at GF AND magic bands!! We are doing a split stay so will be able to take our magic bands along for the November part of our trip as well at Port Orleans It just gets better and better!

Now IF I can get the perfect photo with the 7 dwarves and a reservation at CRT then my life will be complete!
We're getting Magic Bands for our October stay at VGF. So excited!

Beth Clayton, hugs. I hope everything works out for the best in the end.

k&a&c'smom, thanks for posting my photos and thanks to all for the nice comments. We had a great breakfast at the Cafe that morning. Also enjoyed our traditional lunch there during our short stay at WDW before our Fantasy cruise.

We've stayed in Conch Key two or three times and always had a great view of the EWP. It sort of circles around Narcoossee's a bit IIRC but it is far enough out that we could see the entire thing.

I know many are worried about the impact of the villas on the pools but those of us who are old timers remember when there was just the courtyard pool. I think it will be fine. And there are only 140ish units. It will make an impact I'm sure but spreading those guests over the entire day for both pools and the monorail will diminish any impact I think. We'll know soon! Last week after our cruise, my DS1 and his wife drove us by the villas on our way to lunch at Seasons 52. Fun to see lights on in the villas now. Just can't wait to stay there.

Hi to all!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #619
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDreamofPoly View Post
It's hard economic times these days. I just found out I'm laid off as of Friday, and we leave for our paid GF SL trip on Friday. Nice vacay huh? On the positive side, I HATED my boss, so it will be wonderful to get away from all that mess. Guess I'll be job hunting when we get back from WDW.
Hugs to you, too. Hope your next boss is much, much better.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #620
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I've been out of town for a couple days, missed a lot. I skimmed the last couple pages, hope I didn't miss anyone's send off.

BCV23 - So good to see you! Glad you enjoyed the cruise, and your time in the World.

Thanks for the pep talk, reminding us of all the changes over the years does help. I know it will all be fine in the end. Hard for me to accept change, as you know.

Lulu's Mom - hey, good to hear from you! Thanks for the added info on the SL deluxe rooms. The area with the 2 chairs sounds nice, but I think my personal preference would be the sofa, since there is no daybed.

I see you are heading to RPC tomorrow! Have a magical, Grand vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

k&a&c'smom Are you posting about now!!!??

Seems I should have been.

Quote:
just wanted to say hello to everyone! i keep reading and i keep trying so hard to get back into this thread but instead i am just hating the fact that we don't have another trip planned.

a few days before my trip i found out that my hours were most likely going to be cut at work by about 75%. while on my trip i got some news that looked like that might not be the case. then right after i returned i found that for sure, they were cut by about that much. it's a much longer story than that but it's been a roller coaster. anyway.... with my hours being cut so drastically i can't even think about planning a trip. i need to spend a few months getting a handle of what our finances even are now, before i know what we're dealing with. so.... i keep opening this thread excitedly and then get so bummed out because it just reminds me of how much everything (as in my whole life!) is so up in the air. i know we will be back to disney within a year or so, no matter what (that is a priority to me and i will make it work), but the details are very unknown, which stinks. first world problem, i know.

i'm hoping that "outing myself" for the reason why i haven't been posting may help me start posting more, lol!
Oh, Beth, I'm so sorry!! Big hugs to you, what a stressful time for you. I know what you mean regarding the thread, it's hard to visit and enjoy, knowing you don't have a trip to plan - but for most of us, it doesn't also involve job loss. Best wishes for the coming months, I hope you are able to resolve everything in the best possible way. (better hours, different job, whatever)

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear of your lay off, what a nasty surprise. Great good luck in quickly finding something better, and enjoy your vacation. Try to leave the stress behind and focus on your family. Here's wishing for some extra pixie dust.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 09-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #621
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry BethClayton Hope that everything straightens out for you soon...At least you have memories from that extra special recent trip to keep you going until your next one...

Quote:
Thankfully your trip is paid off and can still go ...When you come home you will be all rested up for the job hunting...and hopefully find a better work atmosphere..aka a nice boss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post

Beth Clayton, hugs. I hope everything works out for the best in the end.

k&a&c'smom, thanks for posting my photos and thanks to all for the nice comments. We had a great breakfast at the Cafe that morning. Also enjoyed our traditional lunch there during our short stay at WDW before our Fantasy cruise.

We've stayed in Conch Key two or three times and always had a great view of the EWP. It sort of circles around Narcoossee's a bit IIRC but it is far enough out that we could see the entire thing.

I know many are worried about the impact of the villas on the pools but those of us who are old timers remember when there was just the courtyard pool. I think it will be fine. And there are only 140ish units. It will make an impact I'm sure but spreading those guests over the entire day for both pools and the monorail will diminish any impact I think. We'll know soon! Last week after our cruise, my DS1 and his wife drove us by the villas on our way to lunch at Seasons 52. Fun to see lights on in the villas now. Just can't wait to stay there.

Hi to all!
I have been one of those worriers...seeing how busy things have been at the CR itself with the addition of BLT...but you have made some very good points...and I sure hope that you are right... I do remember the days of only the courtyard pool... but as for old timers...LOL... Who you calling OLD!! ...lol...That wasn't so long ago..was it???

LuLu'sMom I didn't realize that your ticker said 1 day until your trip!!

Grannieminnie I see that you are quoting!! Multi quoting is not far off..C'mon...You can do it!!

Hey MommyGina

MickeyNut Whats new and exciting???

k&a&c'smom Well..I started posting about the same time that you posted...??? LOL...but because my mulit quoted super post took soooo long..we didnt..!

Have a wonderful Wednesday fellow GF fans!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 09-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #622
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedobaby View Post

I just got my my fastpass+ today!!! No magic bands though. Maybe because I have annual passes? Heading over to ticket experts next.

Sounds nice
I just got my my fastpass+ today!!! No magic bands though. Maybe because I have annual passes? Heading over to ticket experts next.

Quote:
It's hard economic times these days. I just found out I'm laid off as of Friday, and we leave for our paid GF SL trip on Friday. Nice vacay huh?

On the positive side, I HATED my boss, so it will be wonderful to get away from all that mess. Guess I'll be job hunting when we get back from WDW.
I had a boss once I didn't like. I quit and gave 3 weeks notice and used money for the first mom and me trip with dd then 11 back in 2006. We went to ASmo and MVMCP(?)

SL is awesome, enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Hey everyone! Just had to pop in and say that since kac mentioned my pics and the SL CL deluxe rooms, I had to post.
The balconies are on the second and third floors along with the now non pullout sofas. The fourth floor room layout is like a sitting room with two extra chairs.

HTH.
Thanks for the info

only 2nd multi quote. You guys make it look so easy. Anyways Hi to Blue, K&A&C's, Grannie, and Mickeynut and anyone else I missed. FP+ took me for ever! To get times you really want requires canceling and changing many times. Glad it is just DH and I and don't really need rides. It is going to be tough for our family trip. Just 3 a day? Night times were VERY hard to acquire too

Special hello to BethClayton Hang in there.
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 09-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #623
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Hi Trisha! thanks for the FP+ info! Sorry that it has been so difficult for you to get all worked out! Hope that you got the rides and times that you wanted...

Old 09-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #624
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Trisha! thanks for the FP+ info! Sorry that it has been so difficult for you to get all worked out! Hope that you got the rides and times that you wanted...
Think about CL. You don't want to be at parks and miss 5pm apps. So want rides after 6:30. Then there were not many times available. I didn't want afternoon because we always stay at are resort then. Mornings I am hoping if get breakfast in lounge then head out for rope drop I can at least get one or two in before busy.

They were offering times at 9 am so not sure if stand by line is going to be long or not. Currently you had until 9:40 until fast passes started and I could get in 3 rides that way.

Good news DH loves only one ride at each park so I did his for 7pm each night so at least he will be happy

Fri will be ThunderMTN, Sat 2 actually, TSM/TOT, Sun Soarin

I can't imagine trying to do a whole week without losing my mind. It was a lot of work just to finagle a single ride and time.

GOOD luck for those who get FP+ soon. It was kind of tricky and I am usually good with that stuff. Disney made it hard to get two rollercoasters unless you want to be in the park 12-4pm time. (we do not).
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #625
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
k&a&c'smom Well..I started posting about the same time that you posted...??? LOL...but because my mulit quoted super post took soooo long..we didnt..!

LOL - it often takes me quite a while to compose my post. If I'm not careful, it takes so long I miss a new post!

Great Wednesday back atcha!

Quote:

only 2nd multi quote. You guys make it look so easy. Anyways Hi to Blue, K&A&C's, Grannie, and Mickeynut and anyone else I missed. FP+ took me for ever! To get times you really want requires canceling and changing many times. Glad it is just DH and I and don't really need rides. It is going to be tough for our family trip. Just 3 a day? Night times were VERY hard to acquire too
Look at you, with your multi-colored post!

Sorry about the FP+ difficulties, hopefully as it begins to be implemented it will become smoother. I remember how problematic the dining booking engine was in the beginning, what a headache. I'll keep my fingers crossed it is much easier by the time of your family trip.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 09-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #626
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Sorry about the FP+ difficulties, hopefully as it begins to be implemented it will become smoother. I remember how problematic the dining booking engine was in the beginning, what a headache. I'll keep my fingers crossed it is much easier by the time of your family trip.
Thanks, me too!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #627
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

BCV23 - Welcome back!

Sounds like a wonderful trip - can't wait to see what you think if the VGFs!

We're staying at the GF in July.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #628
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MickeyNut I'm not sure if thats enough Dis time !! LOL..
Me neither.....LOL.....not enough hours in a day to do everything, including having lots of Dis time along with all the other every day things that need to be done .

Quote:

I'm sorry about your hours being cut . I hope you are able to plan another trip soon.

Quote:
I'm sorry about the lay off . I hope you are able to enjoy your trip. Good luck with the job search and I hope you find something soon with a better boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
I hope you have a great trip. The villas look beautiful .

Quote:
I've been out of town for a couple days, missed a lot. I skimmed the last couple pages, hope I didn't miss anyone's send off.
Welcome back .

Quote:
Nothing new here......just relaxing and enjoying the evening .

Quote:
only 2nd multi quote. You guys make it look so easy. Anyways Hi to Blue, K&A&C's, Grannie, and Mickeynut and anyone else I missed.
Hi trisha .......good job on the multi-quoting .

Quote:
LOL - it often takes me quite a while to compose my post. If I'm not careful, it takes so long I miss a new post!
LOL......this happens to me sometimes too......I either have too many people to respond to or I am too long winded that it takes me a long time to actually post what I want to say .

Hi to anyone I missed .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #629
chrishatton
Disney Dad

Quote:
In the exact same boat. Simply not worrying about it. Don't let it wreck your holiday, you earned it.

POP 10/07/2013.......POP '08......Off Site '78
Old 09-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #630
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So sorry BethClayton Hope that everything straightens out for you soon...At least you have memories from that extra special recent trip to keep you going until your next one...

Thankfully your trip is paid off and can still go ...When you come home you will be all rested up for the job hunting...and hopefully find a better work atmosphere..aka a nice boss!

I have been one of those worriers...seeing how busy things have been at the CR itself with the addition of BLT...but you have made some very good points...and I sure hope that you are right... I do remember the days of only the courtyard pool... but as for old timers...LOL... Who you calling OLD!! ...lol...That wasn't so long ago..was it???

LuLu'sMom I didn't realize that your ticker said 1 day until your trip!!

Grannieminnie I see that you are quoting!! Multi quoting is not far off..C'mon...You can do it!!

Hey MommyGina

Thanks for the encouragement, Blue! I'm going to try and do more as the days go by! (I still think I'm doing something wrong, tho) Had to prepare for a birthday meal this evening, even tho most of the food I picked up from a restaurant...there's still the getting ready!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: