Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #3526
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
If you mean moi, I am sorry to say I do not have the screenshot. I don't do online check in, so I can't even say what the screen looks like. Hopefully, someone else can help.

Ai-je vous dire? oui That is OK. trishadono was faster on the draw anyway. Thanks trishadono!!!

k&a&c'smom.....you really need to step up your game. It is March Madness and you are falling behind in the brackets

JUST KIDDING!!!!!! You rock

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #3527
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wouldn't that be fun?! How nice, YC CL and WL CL, two great resorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Too cute about your little guy wanting the GF . Getting WL CL for less than GF GV is a great deal . I do love the GF, but WL CL is amazing, especially for deals you can sometimes get as the rack rates are so much cheaper than the other deluxe resorts (except AKL ).

A Grand party at the GF would be great, wouldn't it . A big group of GF lovers enjoying such a wonderful resort .

Thanks my friends...we need to start planning a Grand gathering for 2015...I am thinking RPC Hey, a girl can dream...

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #3528
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thanks my friends...we need to start planning a Grand gathering for 2015...I am thinking RPC Hey, a girl can dream...
Dreams can become reality . I can't think of a better trip than a Grand gathering at the GF in RPC with others who love the GF .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #3529
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingtoWDWagain View Post
This will be our first stay at our home resort, Villa's at GF.
I plan on adding five days to our stay and would like to remain at the same resort by staying at the GF resort for the added days.

I saw on a previous post some photos. Have all the rooms at the GF been renovated? Anyone have some more photos to share of the renovated rooms?

Thanks a bunch for any information
Congrats to you on purchasing DVC at the VGF! The villas are just lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post

Blue, I'm holding my breath they don't take that yummy trifle away! Or downgrade our coffee choices...
Me too...no trifle would not be good... Its always about the food..oh and the coffee too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbobbin View Post
So, after some thought, my mom and I might go back to Grand Floridian.

We were thinking about the Boardwalk due to it's close proximity to Epcot. I like the rooms decor there too. However, I have a feeling that she might not be into the idea of staying at a Boardwalk themed hotel. As children, my parents took us to the Boardwalk in NJ all the time, so I can see her going when we get there.

I figured because I kinda doing this as a graduation gift for myself, and that we are not annual Disney goers, that I might spring for the Grand Floridian after all. That is if they have the 30-35% off in late October, that would be the only way I could afford it.
What a nice graduation gift! Congratualtions! I think that the BWI rooms are very nice too..Stayed there last year for a few days..and really did enjoy its proximity to Epcot...But... lol..there is always a but...its just not as grand as the GF! JMO... I think that a GF stay would surely be an extra special way to celebrate... Hoping that a good discount becomes available!

Some celebration suggestions... Book an afternoon at the GV Lounge...Or dinner at Narcoosees..if you list your celebration on your dinner ressie they will give you personalized menus...A nice commemoration of your celebration and your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiesmom View Post
Hi! We are converts from the Poly and this will be our first time staying at the Grand in June. We are very excited now although it was quite a change at first! We usually stay concierge but wanted a renovated room. Unfortunately TPV was all booked with the discount so lagoon view it is this time! Need help on requesting the right building.

We have a 6 year old so we will be spending a lot do time at the pools and on the beach. DH "plans" to use the gym every day at the spa. Which building would you suggest and why? We are hoping for a view of fireworks, is that possible? I was looking at Boca Chica but I am concerned about the trees. Also a sitting balcony is important for us. I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks in advance!!
As others have said...Big Pine Key will be closest to both pools...the beach too...There are rooms towards the end of BPK closest to Boca Chica that I think will give you a fireworks view too...

I remember someone posting views..quite a while back...of a room that was at the end of BPK with two balconies..and wonderful views..I cant remember what the room was called..not a special category..but a specific name for that end room... kind of like bull nose...?? But I don't think that was it.?? lol... Hopefully someone else will come along who can remember...lol...

Quote:
TOTALLY I emailed her this morning about my change, her reply "You are too funny" She is amazing!! I wish we could have a Grand party one day at GF..all the lovely Grand Groupies. This thread has the nicest people EVER!!!
I agree..would be lots of fun! I actually have had the opportunity to not only meet up but also vacation with some very wonderful gals that I met right here...The only thing better that a GF stay is a GF stay with your GF loving pals!

Quote:
Dreams can become reality . I can't think of a better trip than a Grand gathering at the GF in RPC with others who love the GF .
I do believe that we have been there and done that my friend! Looking forward to doing it again! Hope that you are enjoying your "warmer" temps..and your flip flops today! lol...

k&a&c'smom More lovely pics..even is they are from behind the pool house... I don't do online check in either...I just note my request on my ressie...and also to IPO closer to my arrival date... Are you posting about now...?? Are we back in sync??? BTW...I edited this post 5 times!!!! lol...ummm make that 6....hahaha......nope 8!!!!!!!!!!!!.........

Hey ahcupcake, wishesqueen, mommygina and all rest of my fellow GF fans...

Its finally SPRING WooHoo!!

~ Dining Ressies...I really do think that having to put a CC hold on ressies has made a BIG difference in availability.... I think I did mention this..as did a PP...we had to reschedule our trip recently and at less that 3 months out were able to get just about everything that we wanted...except that elusive BOG dinner ressies...... lol...We have been able to get them before just by checking from time to time.. even closer to our trip dates tho...so I am hoping that will happen again...

Oops..over on my allowable smilie count..yet AGAIN!!! lol..

Forgot to add this....Ordered our AP MBs!!!!!! Heard that they come with a decorative slider and an AP card that you can use for discounts...Very cool...I would love to add a smilie here....lol..but nope..I am at my limit..so exclamation points will have to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol...

Hope that you are all having a fabulous Friday!!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 03-21-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #3530
happymomof1
DIS Veteran

thanks for the info on the pool music and room location k&a&c'smom!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #3531
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Staying at GF starting 3 May and attending the vera Bradley brunch on 4 May. So happy to get a military discount to stay at a concierge outer building. Can you seasoned GF folks tell me what to expect, what you like etc. DH and I usually stay at BLT so GF will be a new experience!

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #3532
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I put some GF body butter on my hands this morning and have been missing the Grand all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
FYI I have VGF, gf, cr, BLT and will get poly soon(10days).

Can re-post if need any of them.
Thanks! I didn't even notice you had posted the screenshot, I was too busy composing my novel.

Quote:

I always get the smiley limit error, especially when I do a lot of multi-quoting.

I agree about the Epcot resort bus transportation. We've only stayed in the Epcot area once and the buses were horrible and even when we visit, we seem to have not-so-good experiences.
A Grand party at the GF would be great, wouldn't it. A big group of GF lovers enjoying such a wonderful resort .

It never fails that if I have the time to be on the computer, not much goes on....but if I can't get on for a day, the thread goes crazy and I have tons to catch up on .
I know, what's up with that? If I am on for an extended time, I hear crickets in here. lol If I miss a day, everybody posts.

Oh, the dangers of the multi-quote!

The Epcot resorts have a lot of great points, but the bus situation is not one of them. I try to book my split in such a way we don't have to use them much.

A Grand party would be...well, grand, right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Ai-je vous dire? oui That is OK. trishadono was faster on the draw anyway. Thanks trishadono!!!

k&a&c'smom.....you really need to step up your game. It is March Madness and you are falling behind in the brackets

JUST KIDDING!!!!!! You rock
Oh, that made my side hurt.

Quote:
Thanks my friends...we need to start planning a Grand gathering for 2015...I am thinking RPC. Hey, a girl can dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

As others have said...Big Pine Key will be closest to both pools...the beach too...There are rooms towards the end of BPK closest to Boca Chica that I think will give you a fireworks view too...

I remember someone posting views..quite a while back...of a room that was at the end of BPK with two balconies..and wonderful views..I cant remember what the room was called..not a special category..but a specific name for that end room... kind of like bull nose...?? But I don't think that was it.?? lol... Hopefully someone else will come along who can remember...lol...

k&a&c'smom More lovely pics..even is they are from behind the pool house... I don't do online check in either...I just note my request on my ressie...and also to IPO closer to my arrival date... Are you posting about now...?? Are we back in sync??? BTW...I edited this post 5 times!!!! lol...ummm make that 6....hahaha......nope 8!!!!!!!!!!!!.........

Its finally SPRING WooHoo!!

~ Dining Ressies...I really do think that having to put a CC hold on ressies has made a BIG difference in availability.... I think I did mention this..as did a PP...we had to reschedule our trip recently and at less that 3 months out were able to get just about everything that we wanted...except that elusive BOG dinner ressies...... lol...We have been able to get them before just by checking from time to time.. even closer to our trip dates tho...so I am hoping that will happen again...

Oops..over on my allowable smilie count..yet AGAIN!!! lol..

Forgot to add this....Ordered our AP MBs!!!!!! Heard that they come with a decorative slider and an AP card that you can use for discounts...Very cool...I would love to add a smilie here....lol..but nope..I am at my limit..so exclamation points will have to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol...

HAHAHA! I can't stop giggling about the smilies and edits. Oh, those stingy webmasters.

Hammerhead rooms, I think you mean. Have you ever gotten one? I have not, sadly.

Good to know about the dining, I'm hoping that means walk ins are again a possibility. I'm leery of booking too many reservations, as we don't cancel a lot but do change them on the fly.

Spring has sprung here in Missouri - the lower part, anyway. Thanks for the Friday good vibes. Right back atcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
thanks for the info on the pool music and room location k&a&c'smom!
You're welcome, glad to help.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 03-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #3533
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Staying at GF starting 3 May and attending the vera Bradley brunch on 4 May. So happy to get a military discount to stay at a concierge outer building. Can you seasoned GF folks tell me what to expect, what you like etc. DH and I usually stay at BLT so GF will be a new experience!

Thanks!
Congrats on your first GF stay, you will love the resort.

It would help to know what kinds of things you would like to hear. There's a lot of info on the first page, if you want to explore there to learn about the resort.

The grounds are beautiful just to stroll around; we like sitting in the lobby any time, but especially in the late afternoon to listen to the music; browsing the shops; having a drink at Mizner's is relaxing, especially if you catch Wishes (can't see it all, but the bigger shots are visible); afternoon tea at the Garden View Tea Room; grabbing a snack at Gasparilla's and sitting on the marina landing, waiting for Wishes; watching EWP; having a drink and a swim (seeing a pattern? ); renting a Sea Raycer or two and zipping along SSL; having dinner at Citricos, Narcoossee's or...be still my heart...V&A's. So many things, love the Grand.

HTH!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 03-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #3534
trishadono
DIS Veteran

BLUE

Thanks for the info about the passholder MB's ! I ordered mine yesterday and now have all 7 colors.

Not sure why the give one for each reservation. I wish they had purple too!

Happy weekend all! Heading to phila area and Ikea tomorrow

Trish

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #3535
mag73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats to you on purchasing DVC at the VGF! The villas are just lovely!

Around 8 years ago we were fortunate enough to stay in one of those rooms.
Ours was in Sago, we were told that it was called a corner view room. The room itself was quite larger than the regular rooms, with a very large entry foyer and 2 balconies. One balcony with the perfect view of the castle, and the other one overlooking the monorail. WE were told that each building has one of these rooms per floor. However be careful when asking for a corner view room because you might get the other kind. It is a standard room right next to the outer staircase.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #3536
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do believe that we have been there and done that my friend! Looking forward to doing it again! Hope that you are enjoying your "warmer" temps..and your flip flops today! lol...
Yes we have ......it's very nice to meet others and make friends with those that love Disney and the GF .

We did hit 60 degrees today and it was so nice wearing my flip flops and seeing my feet for once as it's been a long time coming .

Quote:
I know, what's up with that? If I am on for an extended time, I hear crickets in here. lol If I miss a day, everybody posts.

The Epcot resorts have a lot of great points, but the bus situation is not one of them. I try to book my split in such a way we don't have to use them much.

A Grand party would be...well, grand, right?!

Spring has sprung here in Missouri - the lower part, anyway.
LOL on hearing crickets.......but things always seem to go crazy when I'm away for awhile too .

I agree that booking a split stay with an Epcot resort is a great way to avoid having to use the buses a lot as the bus transportation is definitely not a selling point (IMO) for those resorts .

I agree....a Grand party would be GRAND .

Glad spring has come your way ......you can send that weather my way if you wish .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag73 View Post
Around 8 years ago we were fortunate enough to stay in one of those rooms.
Ours was in Sago, we were told that it was called a corner view room. The room itself was quite larger than the regular rooms, with a very large entry foyer and 2 balconies. One balcony with the perfect view of the castle, and the other one overlooking the monorail.
That sounds like a great room .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #3537
PrincessPaczki
Mom of 2 Prince's

Hi Ladies. I have enjoyed reading/catching up on the latest on the G.F. It really makes me want to stay there again soon! I am so hoping for an October pin so I can start my planning.
1992 - CBR
1993 - 2003 - OBX / BUSCH GARDENS VA.
2004 - BEACH CLUB / ROYAL PACIFIC
2005 - WILDERNESS LODGE
2006 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2007 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2008 - GRAND FLORIDIAN RPC
2010 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2011 - POLYNESIAN
2012 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2013 - CORONADO SPRINGS

Old 03-22-2014, 05:02 AM   #3538
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday GF thread! Thank you so much for all of the information you have provided me as we prepare for our first GF stay in July!! We are booked SL for mid July - what are the odds that they will really be done with the refurb by then? I love the look of the new rooms and would love to experience them!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #3539
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

I originally booked RPC for May, then got a little jittery (OK, a lot jittery ) at the thought of not staying in my favourite resort area which is the Epcot area, so cancelled and switched to the YC CL. But there's something about the GF, particularly RPC, that is so appealing and I've switched back.

I'm staying at the Waldorf for a couple of non park days before moving over to RPC for some park time but also spa and relaxation time Disney style

I keep reading this thread over and over again, I know the resort is even more beautiful in reality and I cannot wait

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 03-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #3540
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
I originally booked RPC for May, then got a little jittery (OK, a lot jittery ) at the thought of not staying in my favourite resort area which is the Epcot area, so cancelled and switched to the YC CL. But there's something about the GF, particularly RPC, that is so appealing and I've switched back.

I'm staying at the Waldorf for a couple of non park days before moving over to RPC for some park time but also spa and relaxation time Disney style

I keep reading this thread over and over again, I know the resort is even more beautiful in reality and I cannot wait
CLAREH37!! HELLO!!

I just made a GF TPV booking for my June trip (also staying BWV) nice to see you still going back to your happy place! Always remember Christmas dinner at Cape May
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: